Home Match Build Up 8/10/22 L1 : OUFC v Wycombe Wanderers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know where you're coming from. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about our games at the moment. Every home game this season has been dire even the two games against Cambridge and Burton that we won were snoozefests.

I reckon it's going to be a 0-0 with both sets of fans booing of their team.
I'm a season ticket holder too, there have been a few ever presents around me in the north stand missing lately. I know I'll go but the buzz I used to get seems to be missing.

0-0. They’ll come to spoil and we are a trifle toothless atm.

I know where you're coming from. I'm a season ticket holder and I'm finding it hard to be enthusiastic about our games at the moment.

Likewise.

The problem is we are far from alone, with a likely reduction in walk up sales. RMT train strike, cost of living crisis etc etc its hard to find the positives - especially if the "usual people" you go with have also bombed out.

God we need a decent win and decent performance.

I don't think many people can be positive about the results at the minute .There seems that apathy around the club that the team is going through the motion and the vibes aren't good. Ultimately that's got to change one way or another and let's be honest which manager do you think will motivate his team better at the weekend .I hope iam wrong please let's go on a winning streak ,every thing crossed.

How is the dot counting looking? @Colin B @Thecurraghofkildare ?

I`ll estimate at 7.5-8.0k without looking. (y)
I haven't done a count since the Crystal Palace game.

Like many others I, quite frankly, can't be bothered to put the effort in for something that isn't going to be that exciting. A bit like the game itself really, although I will be there. I'm as positive as the next man, but I haven't enjoyed much of this season so far.

A good friend of mine is a WW fan and says the season has been very poor so far and they deserve to be where they are. Poor recruitment, injuries, players out of position - some fans also on Ainsworth's case as he has complete control (and also partly the reason he has so far turned down overtures from other clubs) - all sounds very familiar.

They are not too confident about Saturday but do doubt we will see the usual antics.
For what it's worth, we have been very poor this season, and I fully expect you guys to make it 5 losses out of 5 away games for me so far

Injuries are the main factor though in my opinion. Our first choice XI is actually stronger than last season, but we've barely been able to get more than half of them on the pitch at any time. Our three first choice CMs (Scowen - probably our best player, Thompson, and Gape) are all injured, forcing us to play by far the weakest midfield I've seen for years.

Vokes was injured for a month and then rushed back, but he's clearly not match fit yet. Our whole game revolves around getting the ball up to him, so that's a huge loss. Our starting RB (McCarthy), CB (Taffazolli), and LB (Obita) have all also been out injured at different points for various amounts of time, and our only established back-up to Vokes (Hanlan) sustained a long-term injury during the first game of the season against Burton and hasn't been seen since. Throw in a 3 game ban for McCleary and an additional injuries to our back-up CB (Forino), and you basically have a squad decimated by injury, a line-up changing every week, and no rhythm whatsoever.

Finally, our replacement for Stockdale (Stryjek) is a fantastic shot-stopper, but his distribution is pretty awful, so none of our free kicks or goal kicks are going to Vokes' head. We're consequently losing almost every first ball, and then the absence of any combative midfielders has meant that we lose most second balls too. It's been a terrible start. The only bright spark is Anis Mehmeti, who has basically single-handedly carried the team (alongside Mawson at CB who is still an unbelievable player)

Last edited:
For what it's worth, we have been very poor this season, and I fully expect you guys to make it 5 losses out of 5 away games for me so far

Injuries are the main factor though in my opinion. Our first choice XI is actually stronger than last season, but we've barely been able to get more than half of them on the pitch at any time. Our three first choice CMs (Scowen - probably our best player, Thompson, and Gape) are all injured, forcing us to play by far the weakest midfield I've seen for years.

Vokes was injured for a month and then rushed back, but he's clearly not match fit yet. Our whole game revolves around getting the ball up to him, so that's a huge loss. Our starting RB (McCarthy), CB (Taffazolli), and LB (Obita) have all also been out injured at different points for various amounts of time, and our only established back-up to Vokes (Hanlan) sustained a long-term injury during the first game of the season against Burton and hasn't been seen since. Throw in a 3 game ban for McCleary and an additional injuries to our back-up CB (Forino), and you basically have a squad decimated by injury, a line-up changing every week, and no rhythm whatsoever.

Finally, our replacement for Stockdale (Stryjek) is a fantastic shot-stopper, but his distribution is pretty awful, so none of our free kicks or goal kicks are going to Vokes' head. We're consequently losing almost every first ball, and then the absence of any combative midfielders has meant that we lose most second balls too. It's been a terrible start. The only bright spark is Anis Mehmeti, who has basically single-handedly carried the team (alongside Mawson at CB who is still an unbelievable player)
That’s made me feel a tiny bit better

A 1-0 win to the mighty yellows.

We score early on.
Eastwood will be booked in the first half for time wasting.
Taylor will go down feigning a leg injury on 25 mins, resulting in a prolonged drinks break and an ‘impromptu‘ team talk.
At every opportunity Brown will hurl a long throw into the opposition’s penalty area.
Eastwood will be warned again for time wasting.
McGuane will go down feigning a leg injury on 70 mins, resulting in a prolonged drinks break and an ‘impromptu‘ team talk.
Brown will be booked for ambling over from left back to the right wing to take a throw in.
Eastwood will be told to get a move on with his goal kicks.
Brannigan will be booked for kicking the ball away.
Henry will be subbed in the 89th minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Taylor will be subbed in the 91st minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Browne aylor will be subbed in the 93rd minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Postmatch Ainsworth will complain about Oxford’s boring head tennis tactics, their deliberate disruptive play acting and outrageous time wasting from the first whistle.

A 1-0 win to the mighty yellows.

We score early on.
Eastwood will be booked in the first half for time wasting.
Taylor will go down feigning a leg injury on 25 mins, resulting in a prolonged drinks break and an ‘impromptu‘ team talk.
At every opportunity Brown will hurl a long throw into the opposition’s penalty area.
Eastwood will be warned again for time wasting.
McGuane will go down feigning a leg injury on 70 mins, resulting in a prolonged drinks break and an ‘impromptu‘ team talk.
Brown will be booked for ambling over from left back to the right wing to take a throw in.
Eastwood will be told to get a move on with his goal kicks.
Brannigan will be booked for kicking the ball away.
Henry will be subbed in the 89th minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Taylor will be subbed in the 91st minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Browne aylor will be subbed in the 93rd minute, taking an age leave the field of play as he turns to applaud all 4 sides of the ground including the fence end.
Postmatch Ainsworth will complain about Oxford’s boring head tennis tactics, their deliberate disruptive play acting and outrageous time wasting from the first whistle.
If you had mentioned a Clavicle and a dog on the pitch it could've been a Dave Cudd RIP post

they way i see it, if they score 1st we lose 1:0. If we score 1st we draw 1:1 cos we aint going to keep a clean sheet.

I haven't done a count since the Crystal Palace game.

Like many others I, quite frankly, can't be bothered to put the effort in for something that isn't going to be that exciting. A bit like the game itself really, although I will be there. I'm as positive as the next man, but I haven't enjoyed much of this season so far.

Come along now that isn`t the spirit!

We need to ignite the season and rekindle the unbridled excitement of "Dot News"!!

Actually... you are right, its a bit meh, and easy to convince yourself there is something better to do!

I just have a feeling that we are at last going to give Wycombe a thumping. Ainsworth under fire for team selection and tactics. Think he may have lost the dressing room.
We are not playing especially well, and our bad run will end…4-0 to the yellows, with Brannagan star player. And even a place for Goodrham on the bench to come off and score a fourth

I wonder if their band of fuckwits will be marching through littlemore again giving it large about winning 2-1 on our big day out btw the day out never happened it was behind closed doors clueless wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom