Away Match Day Thread 29/01/2022 L1: Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed this cheeky thing at the bottom of the official match day report

87c659e76f88933e2c7a001ef538d51e.jpg

Just noticed this cheeky thing at the bottom of the official match day report

87c659e76f88933e2c7a001ef538d51e.jpg
Yes, and I also loved his brilliant pun (Pontus pilot), talking about when their goalie allowed CamBran to rob the ball from him, and fouled him.

"Gillingham, with more success on their travels than at home, needed a fast start after the break to have any hope, but instead saw Pontus pilot them to a disastrous restart".

I may be mistaken, but it sounded like our fans let off a smoke bomb after we scored our first. If that's the case, it completely sours any enjoyment of our performance. We should not be letting off smoke bombs, especially during covid.
Do smoke bombs transmit covid? Asking for a friend who watches FOX news

I didn’t wash my lucky yellow pants from last week and wore them today, they shall stay unwashed for another few days and hopefully Wigan will feel the full force.

Can we just confirm if you’re planning on wearing them on the coach?

Brilliant for Cam he so deserves it. I’m beginning to think it must be the all time record! That’s a hell of a thing for a footballer to achieve in a career. Arise sir Cam !!
You may be right about it being an all time record. From the Guardian:

[Cam Bran] was the first player to score even three penalties in an English league game since 2017, with Gillingham on the other end of the deal on that occasion when Josh Wright’s treble earned a 3-2 win over Scunthorpe. Before that it had not been achieved in the league since 1957, by Manchester City’s Ken Barnes against Everton.

Looking at Ken Barnes Wiki page says three in a match achieved three times previously.

Fantastic Cam Bran, top of the class!

You were slagging us off 2 minutes before the 7th!
Was I? Only commented as we seemed to go if the boil and they were coming at us stronger and the defence was being sloppy, but not slagging us off just saying what others would have said especially ndoen the left side of defence. But overall we won and won well just a shame that they n a few occasions non the 2nd half we seemed to be a bit complacent.

Hope this isn’t going to lead to some last minute offer for CB. He will be in the papers for sure. He typically totally played it down in his interview and it’s true that none of them were really high pressure. Still a hell of an achievement

Missed the joke then, Tim…? 🤦🏻‍♂️
If it is a joke, it's not very funny. Why pick on Steve Seddon, unless you have an issue with him. I was at the game. I assume you were too. It's very unfair to pick on an individual, even in jest.

If it is a joke, it's not very funny. Why pick on Steve Seddon, unless you have an issue with him. I was at the game. I assume you were too. It's very unfair to pick on an individual, even in jest.

What had happened at the time I posted, Tim? Look at all the other posts I have made, Tim. They’re all very cheerful. I’m very cheerful.

Fact remains, Steve Seddon made a lot of mistakes including three in the same minute, and needs replacing or backing up if we are not to be found out by a better opposition than Gillingham.

What had happened at the time I posted, Tim? Look at all the other posts I have made, Tim. They’re all very cheerful. I’m very cheerful.

Fact remains, Steve Seddon made a lot of mistakes including three in the same minute, and needs replacing or backing up if we are not to be found out by a better opposition than Gillingham.
OK, Big C, I take your point, but in rhe context of today's game (and the result) specifically, I think your dig at SS unfair and unnecessary. On a day featuring one of the most memorable results in our history, why bring a negative subject up? I repeat, it wasn't funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom