Away Match Build Up 29/01/2022 L1: Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
They might think they do, but they don't. No one hates Swindon as much as we do Sarge, not even close!!!

Absolutely, but sounds like a perfect game for a mass singalong of “stand up if you hate Swindon” from all in the ground.

Absolutely, but sounds like a perfect game for a mass singalong of “stand up if you hate Swindon” from all in the ground.
Reminds me of the time we played Derby, they started singing "we hate maxwell and we hate maxwell..." The LRT responded with "We hate Maxwell more than you..." to a round of applause from the Derby fans. Then both sides with a loud final rendition of "We hate Maxwell, we hate Maxwell..."

Long time lurker here, does anyone know ticket sales for Saturday?

Think this will be a tough game, Gillingham have something to fight for and recent away performances don't fill me with too much confidence, and our record there cannot be the best (in recent times anyway)

Hopefully new signing fever will fire us to victory, and the ability to be flexible in formation will hopefully give Karl a selection headache.

I'd go with;

Stevens

Forde, Moore, Mcnally, Long

Brannagan, Mcguane, Sykes

Williams, Taylor, Holland

Time to take Seddon out of the firing line I think, he's earned a rest and Forde is able back up at RB to cover Long who shifts over. Also gives us the ability to easily change to a back 3 with Forde shifting up into RWB and Williams LWB.

Prediction - Gills 1-1 Oxford (Brannagan)
They are fighting for their lives, but yes hopefully the new signings will provide a kind of feel good factor.

3-1 Ox

Should be 1000 yellows going to Gills but I’ve been disappointed with away followings on the whole this season (weds aside), so expect no more than 700.

NO PAY ON THE DAY! AWAY TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED IN ADVANCE.

Purchased 4 tickets this morning only around 550 sold with only 1 day to go and especially as there are no sales at the gate! C'mon call that ticket office...you know you want too!

COYY'S

Purchased 4 tickets this morning only around 550 sold with only 1 day to go and especially as there are no sales at the gate! C'mon call that ticket office...you know you want too!

COYY'S
With the position we are in, surely we should be looking at min 800+. Not too far either.

No Akinde for Gillingham on Saturday - gone to Colchester.

only 586 tickets sold for tomorrow.

It's a staggeringly low figure for a support base with aspirations to be in the conversation for some of the best players available in January! Yet again for this season, our away following is going to be bang average - at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom