Away Match Day Thread 29/01/2022 L1: Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Big C, I take your point, but in rhe context of today's game (and the result) specifically, I think your dig at SS unfair and unnecessary. On a day featuring one of the most memorable results in our history, why bring a negative subject up? I repeat, it wasn't funny.

Exactly this. Today, of all days, why single out an individual with such an insulting rating ? Was he really 7 marks lower than everyone else ? It’s a pretty pathetic attempt at attention seeking.

He’s an armchair expert!
You leave Big rompy alone, if he wants to pick out a single player to lambast with a micro score today, even though as a team we won 2-7, he's entitled to , it a forum you know, for all opinions.

If it is a joke, it's not very funny. Why pick on Steve Seddon, unless you have an issue with him. I was at the game. I assume you were too. It's very unfair to pick on an individual, even in jest.
You’re missing his tone, he’s a cheerful humorous poster. A lot of us here are quite often not being entirely serious you know.

Most bizarre player ratings in a thumping win, EVER.

Stevens 10
Long 10
Seddon 3
Moore 10
McNally 10
McGuane 10
Brannagan 10
Sykes 10
Holland 10
Taylor 10
Bodin 10
To quote a fellow poster, "Exactly this. Today, of all days, why single out an individual with such an insulting rating ? Was he really 7 marks lower than everyone else ? It’s a pretty pathetic attempt at attention seeking."

Maybe you need to think, before pre empting what others may wish to say, actually take a look in the mirror. You've gone and done what you accuse other of.

Missed the joke then, Tim…? 🤦🏻‍♂️
Joke?? You've thrown an Oxford player under the bus in terms of ratings, on a day the whole team scored 7 goals, played a team off the park, in an atmosphere of exhuberance? If you dislike the player just come out and say it, rather than letting your under inflated opinion of him completely undermine the quality of his performance.

Joke?? You've thrown an Oxford player under the bus in terms of ratings, on a day the whole team scored 7 goals, played a team off the park, in an atmosphere of exhuberance? If you dislike the player just come out and say it, rather than letting your under inflated opinion of him completely undermine the quality of his performance.
Was it the positive bus?

Asking for the taxi for one driver

If it is a joke, it's not very funny. Why pick on Steve Seddon, unless you have an issue with him. I was at the game. I assume you were too. It's very unfair to pick on an individual, even in jest.
To be fair to @BigCrompy he was watching the game on Ifollow and when we’re shooting left, you get a _really_ good view of our left back and wing. I’m sure better than anyone at the game.
At that point in the game seddon had quite possibly cost us another goal or two (counterpointed minutes later by Willo running the ball down the line and crossing for a goal).
He posted a joke about it.

Others come along hours later without any of the context and flow and have a go!

If you’re a remote exile, this is your place for match day banter - not much else possible other than whispering loudly at the cat. Imagine if other supporters got to trawl through your match time comments, shouts and quips after the game and say “I don’t think that joke you made in the 64th minute was funny”?

I’ve been reflecting a bit on Sam and Cam arguing about the last peno. It’s nice to see a striker desperate to get some goals, but did Sam honestly think he should take it rather than give CB the chance of scoring 4. I was really worried that the bickering was going to cause CB to fluff it. Glad he didn’t.
It’s all well and good sharing the opportunity around, but when a player clearly has the keeper’s number and has the chance to make history, a good team mate doesn’t get on his back about it.
What would you do in that situation?

I’ve been reflecting a bit on Sam and Cam arguing about the last peno. It’s nice to see a striker desperate to get some goals, but did Sam honestly think he should take it rather than give CB the chance of scoring 4. I was really worried that the bickering was going to cause CB to fluff it. Glad he didn’t.
It’s all well and good sharing the opportunity around, but when a player clearly has the keeper’s number and has the chance to make history, a good team mate doesn’t get on his back about it.

I was a defender or midfielder, although did score a reasonable number of goals in the Oxford Sunday Lg (not so much in the Lord Jersey or Witney & District Lgs) so I'd leave them to it. But then I'd pass to somebody else if they had an open goal rather than try to take the glory.

Now I’ve seen CBs interview he mentioned Sam was on 99 goals, so maybe that’s a bit of mitigation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom