Home Match Build Up 30/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Doncaster Rovers

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Final game of the season.

Is this a goodbye match for the likes of Brannagan, Sykes, Moore etc....?

Good bye to Sykes, most probably, if he even plays.

Brannagan and Moore, highly likely that this will be their last game for us too.
We need to cash in unfortunately, can't let good players leave on a free, unless of course we can persuade them to sign new deals.

I'd like to see Seddon play at left back/LWB, he needs some minutes, and what better game to get them.
Same goes for Forde.

Also like to see Goodrham play, can anyone else in the youth play?
Whats Smyth upto? Is he fit? If so, let him start too.

With our owners, declared or not, we are fortunate that we do not need to cash in.

Whether we want or choose to, is another matter....

True, but I think it would help with FFP, or whatever we use in Lge 1.
The sell on would also come in handy.

Anway, as for the game, Donny are all but down, so lets hope for an exciting open game, 5-2 to us.
Crap, I've just remembered who the ref is.

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Bodin Brannagan McGuane
Williams Taylor Browne

Play players who are contracted with us next season or have said they want to stay like Bodin & Moore (one year option)​

Stevens
Long Moore McNally Seddon
Bodin Brannagan Mcguane
Williams Taylor Goodrham

Brannagan and Moore, highly likely that this will be their last game for us too.
We need to cash in unfortunately, can't let good players leave on a free, unless of course we can persuade them to sign new deals.

I'm not so sure about Moore.
He's really good - but I'm not sure he's Premiership/top of the Championship good. Stick a decent contract in front of him, and I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that he's here long-term.

Different story with Cam - think he still has a release clause doesn't he? If a good Championship club comes in for him, and matches that release fee, there's not much we can do. We can put a big contract in front of him, but if he has ambitions of playing in a higher league next season - and he has suitors - then we don't have a way to legally stop him.
(and if he doesn't have Championship clubs in for him, then there's a bunch of Championship clubs that are asleep at the wheel).

QPR, Sheffield United….. not asleep.
.... Stoke, Preston, and Blackpool as well according to the sun.

Youth loans prevent us from playing goodrham and others in full first team games (OSC doesn't count) unless we officially recall them, which is probably not worth it in terms of future arrangements with the clubs in question.

Would like to see Golding involved though, as he isn't on loan

With them down and us only being able to finish 8th or 9th it’s a real dead rubber, can’t even tell what sort of side either team will put out so who knows what the score will be, never bet on these sort of games.

Bit of a farewell for a few players, end of an era/changing of the guard type feel to it. With (I reckon) new owners to be announced shortly (although obviously they have been about for a while) this is hopefully the end of the nearly men era and the start of where we actually follow through and get promoted.

Wouldn’t risk Browne just because he is under contract for 90 minutes though, an injury here and no pre season say would be all pain for no gain, a run out of the bench will be enough.

Sort of looking forward to a stress free match, been years since we have had one.

.... Stoke, Preston, and Blackpool as well according to the sun.

Youth loans prevent us from playing goodrham and others in full first team games (OSC doesn't count) unless we officially recall them, which is probably not worth it in terms of future arrangements with the clubs in question.

Would like to see Golding involved though, as he isn't on loan

Do Slough have anything to play for? It's probably more beneficial for them to say 'look, we developed Goodrham and now he's playing L1 matches'.

Ah, just looked and they have the slimmest chance of playoffs :confused:

Good bye to Sykes, most probably, if he even plays.

I'd like to see Seddon play at left back/LWB, he needs some minutes, and what better game to get them.
Same goes for Forde.

Also like to see Goodrham play, can anyone else in the youth play?
Whats Smyth upto? Is he fit? If so, let him start too.
Thought we had a years option in Moore? And if son I would expect him to be here next season

Wouldn’t risk Browne just because he is under contract for 90 minutes though, an injury here and no pre season say would be all pain for no gain, a run out of the bench will be enough.
I agree, no point in starting Browne, give him a summer off then a whole pre-season to get properly fit. He could be one of our key players next campaign.

Back
Top Bottom