Away Match Day Thread 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

Err, there was Eastwood, Sykes has been. Worst of all was the disgraceful way he treated Pekalski, on air. Asked if he would play for the team again, he said he would have to learn to kick a ball first. The player had been on loan abroad if I remember and hadnt seen his family over Christmas, asking for a couple of days to go home, to his native country to see them, before returning to the squad.
Lets not conveniently forget the blame he shifts onto others when it suits him, when interviewed.

Pekalski ? The guy was taking a wage and gave nothing back in return, not 1 meaningful minute.
As far as i`m concerned he owed us and asking for time off when everyone else at the club had to deal
with the heavy xmas schedule came across as a bit of a P**s take and if i was KR i might have been really
annoyed about that kind of attitude.

Eastwood has signed a new contract since and we finally got to see that Sykes was a decent player, up til
then he wasnt great, so i think its fair to say that what he said didnt damage them too much.

As for Hanson, well he is only marginally better than Pekalski, another one sucking up a wage and squad
place and for what ? Unlike Pekalski Hanson had opportunities to impress and pay back the club on the
pitch and show us that he was worth a place in the squad, he should have been chomping when he had
his chances and he didnt take them.

KR aint perfect, i think we all realise that and i wouldnt be against poking holes in his tactics but this
is being blown up out of proportion imo, it feels like every single week he says how proud he is of the
players, seems that some people on here conveniently forget that.

As the manager tasked with getting the best from people and ultimately getting results, I’d argue yes, he can treat players how he wants within reason. It’s his judgement call. Given his job hangs by a thread if he gets it wrong, it’s a calculated risk all managers face. No manager ever gets a team anywhere with a disjointed dressing room full of players who feel they or their team mates are being treated wrongfully.

Given KR teams tend to finish up competing for promotion more often than not it suggests he has a decent knack of managing players. He may call a couple out but I can’t remember it destabilising our football too often so clearly their team mates felt he had a point and/or had little sympathy with them. Or perhaps they were just model professionals about it - either way KR deserves credit for orchestrating that. Just because you would do it differently doesn’t make him wrong - perhaps he tried everything else and in the end he felt there wasn’t much to lose and it was better to do that than freeze them out and give up. I often think when managers go public, that’s a players’ last chance to wake up. Football clubs don’t wait around.

He’s probably worked with north of 100 players here and you’re homing in one 2 or 3 instances that you can use to portray him as something he isn’t for the vast majority that come and play for him - and return to play for him.

Your agenda to pan him is at times every bit as noticeable as you say @Scotchegg’s protection of him is.
Pan him?🤣

Try reading the post its actually about his poor treatment of players in public. Even Mystic M'egg, unconsciously ended up criticising

Its simple. No manager should criticise his players in public, let alone those with mental health issues, sometimes as part of shifting the blame. It should all be kept in house.

No need for the biblical defences of kr by the scotchy army, to deflect from criticism for not reaching the play offs.

Back
Top Bottom