Home Match Day Thread 30/04/2022 L1: OUFC v Doncaster

Today I'd like Gillingham to better Fleetwoods result send Fleetwood down hopefully they keep falling then
I'd like Plymouth to beat mk hopefully mk don't get promoted it's a stadium not to far away and it would also mean Wycombe can't get into the play offs
I'd like Burton to get at least a point at Wycombe just to make sure of my point above
I'd like us to win just to finish on abit of a high
Other than that I don't care what else happens today in the league

Today I'd like Gillingham to better Fleetwoods result send Fleetwood down hopefully they keep falling then
I'd like Plymouth to beat mk hopefully mk don't get promoted it's a stadium not to far away and it would also mean Wycombe can't get into the play offs
I'd like Burton to get at least a point at Wycombe just to make sure of my point above
7 goal difference + needing AFC to win. A huge ask!

Got a mountain of work to get through so will probably have it on in the background. Ordinarily I would have taken a two hour break and suffered into the night, and it's a shame I can't do it. Anyway, 2-1 or so to us with a team nobody here can predict to send us off with a good feeling into summer. Rest of the league I couldn't give a monkey's about.

COYY one last time!

REF WATCH

EhaGHeUWkAAHWDq

Todays man in the middle is experienced Rutland official Trevor Kettle, 55.

Kettle was appointed to the National list in 2003 and took charge of his first U’s match on Boxing Day 2003 in the 2-1 home victory
over Leyton Orient. His last appearance at Grenoble Road was the 3-0 home victory over AFC Wimbledon on December 29th 2021.
This season Kettle has refereed 23 matches issuing 83 yellow cards and six red cards. He last refereed Doncaster Rovers
on September 25th 2021 in a 2-1 loss at Home Park, Plymouth.

There is no love lost between Karl Robinson and Mr Kettle

PLAYED FOR BOTH

D2me_RjX4AUEDVo

Includes Herbie Kane, Jonathan Mitchell, Andy Crosby, John Lundstram, David Penney, Colin Booth, Billy Whitehurst,
Jordan Bowery, Jon-Paul Pittman and Les Robinson.

Just get 3 points, end the season on a high and stay above Pompey. Mind I can’t see Pompey beating Sheffield Wednesday but you never know. Already looking forward to next season.
Hopefully we assemble the best squad in our history and smash league 1 next season. COYY

I hoping Kane isn’t in the squad, he can leave, made too many mistakes in games, he might well be a good player, but good players don’t get the time to dwell on the ball in league 1, A win today then prepare for next season, we need Sam B for another season please

REF WATCH

EhaGHeUWkAAHWDq

Todays man in the middle is experienced Rutland official Trevor Kettle, 55.

Kettle was appointed to the National list in 2003 and took charge of his first U’s match on Boxing Day 2003 in the 2-1 home victory
over Leyton Orient. His last appearance at Grenoble Road was the 3-0 home victory over AFC Wimbledon on December 29th 2021.
This season Kettle has refereed 23 matches issuing 83 yellow cards and six red cards. He last refereed Doncaster Rovers
on September 25th 2021 in a 2-1 loss at Home Park, Plymouth.

There is no love lost between Karl Robinson and Mr Kettle

I'm no expert, but that photo screams "I'm laughing at you, not with you!"

Any early-birdies know if Frankie and Bennys is opening early for a bite to eat before the game?

I hoping Kane isn’t in the squad, he can leave, made too many mistakes in games, he might well be a good player, but good players don’t get the time to dwell on the ball in league 1, A win today then prepare for next season, we need Sam B for another season please
I think both Kane and Whyte will be here next season which will be good.

Baldock is clearly a cut above and has been a huge miss (after Charlton we were on Fire), however the bloke gets injured a lot so we can't rely too heavily on him.

I must also say the increase in our home crowds is very encouraging.

We can go up another level next season

I think both Kane and Whyte will be here next season which will be good.

Baldock is clearly a cut above and has been a huge miss (after Charlton we were on Fire), however the bloke gets injured a lot so we can't rely too heavily on him.

I must also say the increase in our home crowds is very encouraging.

We can go up another level next season
I would prefer both Whyte and Kane not to be here personally.

Any early-birdies know if Frankie and Bennys is opening early for a bite to eat before the game?
The manager is a good chap, knows an opportunity to earn but, they won't do breakfast. Something to do with head office, or something of that nature!
They were open for the last early kick off - we went and enjoyed a burger with chips and then upset the manager by asking for coffee! (he's used to us going for a bottle of red and always has the "special" plastic wine glasses ready!)

Not for today, but I think Wednesday winning the play-off might be to our advantage next season.

I think Google can tell you.

They are definitely open at 12
Bird is open 'now' ....sun is shining ....home win 4-1 .. tayls hat trick ....despite trevor fkn kettle

Back
Top Bottom