Away Match Day Thread 29/01/2022 L1: Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if it’s been mentioned or not - but I thought the conduct of (most of their fans) was pretty commendable yesterday.

Yes there was an idiot on the pitch and a few more who reportedly threw objects at our players as they celebrated - but they were the minority who don’t truly represent their club. We’ve been down there in relegation scraps. We’ve had issues with owners/chairmen etc. We’ve been tonked at home from time to time - so we know how it feels.

For the most part I thought the fans that were there actually didn’t turn on their team en masse despite the drubbing - but vented their frustration towards the ownership. They stayed pretty steadfast in that even as the goals kept coming - and when we REALLY got slack in the final third of the game they stayed with their team as they put some pressure on us (and, even if it was laced with irony, they really did celebrate their goals).

I know it sounds condescending after we stuffed them on their own ground - but I vividly remember some of our relegation seasons, and struggles with ownership/mismanagement etc. Clearly I want the points and the goal difference, but it isn’t pleasurable watching teams (that aren’t Swindon or Reading) suffering like that. Given the situation I do think their fans deserved a mention and acted admirably

(On our part - it was professional in the first half. We killed them across the first 20 minutes of the first half, then the first ten minutes of the second. I will say that after we went 5-0 up and made changes our performance was actually pretty poor for 15-20 minutes or so. The move for our seventh was beautiful to watch though.

Just hope we haven’t exhausted our luck/scoring boots with two huge games this week! And with Thorniley gone I really hope we are investing some money into a quality CB. We don’t need ‘one for the future’ - McNally ticks that box. We need genuine, hardened quality who can help us keep clean sheets and pick up points right away. For all the joy of the last two wins, we’ve still shipped four goals…)
But scored ten.

To quote a fellow poster, "Exactly this. Today, of all days, why single out an individual with such an insulting rating ? Was he really 7 marks lower than everyone else ? It’s a pretty pathetic attempt at attention seeking."

Maybe you need to think, before pre empting what others may wish to say, actually take a look in the mirror. You've gone and done what you accuse other of.
Seems you don't quite get why people have responded to your vilification of Seddon as they have. Please read the Oxford Mails scoring/comments from yesterdays game to understand why your score of 3 is seen as so ridiculous.

This was on the gillingham news site's writeup of the match.

Just brutal.
53141bc41f6ccb31cd620a8e2bacad64.jpg

Seeing as Sunderland have just sacked their manager very interesting that Gillingham have not done a similar "knee jerk" reaction.

Feel for Gillingham a bit. Demoralised at the weekend. Probably going down, not a pot to P**s in. No signings, no manager. A Chairman who has very shallow pockets.
It’s looking pretty bleak for them.
Puts into perspective those self-entitled tosspots at Sunderland who think they should be Champions league material.

Feel for Gillingham a bit. Demoralised at the weekend. Probably going down, not a pot to P**s in. No signings, no manager. A Chairman who has very shallow pockets.
It’s looking pretty bleak for them.
Puts into perspective those self-entitled tosspots at Sunderland who think they should be Champions league material.

Same here, i had a look on thier forum on Saturday evening and took zero pleasure in reading how bad things have become, as it
stands they look pretty much nailed on to go down and if they do i hope they can at least stabilise in L2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom