Away Match Build Up 29/01/2022 L1: Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillingham are playing midweek too so hopefully that'll zap their legs of some energy! It's an opportunity to get three points which we need to take and hopefully start another second half of the season run!

325 miles, 6 hours or so each way ............ :oops:
You've got to give a fair bit of respect for the Plymouth travelling support, they have some horrendous trips at times. I'm guessing this game was originally scheduled for the weekend and cancelled? Very harsh giving journeys like that if they can be played on a Saturday.

Long time lurker here, does anyone know ticket sales for Saturday?

Think this will be a tough game, Gillingham have something to fight for and recent away performances don't fill me with too much confidence, and our record there cannot be the best (in recent times anyway)

Hopefully new signing fever will fire us to victory, and the ability to be flexible in formation will hopefully give Karl a selection headache.

I'd go with;

Stevens

Forde, Moore, Mcnally, Long

Brannagan, Mcguane, Sykes

Williams, Taylor, Holland

Time to take Seddon out of the firing line I think, he's earned a rest and Forde is able back up at RB to cover Long who shifts over. Also gives us the ability to easily change to a back 3 with Forde shifting up into RWB and Williams LWB.

Prediction - Gills 1-1 Oxford (Brannagan)

They are charging £22 for a seat without cover exposed to the elements at the end of January, that is scandalous.
They really should not be allowed to get away with it. They are charging their own fans £22 for a seat behind their goal in a proper stand with a roof.
If the new Supporters Panel weren't so busy with the new ground etc then this should be something they take up with GFC.
Then they say you can't buy on the day. So to buy in advance you really need to have some certainty on the weather, if it is windy and pissing down with rain it will be pretty miserable.
I hate going to Gillingham, never been so cold and the place is a total, total, total dive of the highest order.

That said I'll probably go as its easy for central london yellows.

Long time lurker here, does anyone know ticket sales for Saturday?

Think this will be a tough game, Gillingham have something to fight for and recent away performances don't fill me with too much confidence, and our record there cannot be the best (in recent times anyway)

Hopefully new signing fever will fire us to victory, and the ability to be flexible in formation will hopefully give Karl a selection headache.

I'd go with;

Stevens

Forde, Moore, Mcnally, Long

Brannagan, Mcguane, Sykes

Williams, Taylor, Holland

Time to take Seddon out of the firing line I think, he's earned a rest and Forde is able back up at RB to cover Long who shifts over. Also gives us the ability to easily change to a back 3 with Forde shifting up into RWB and Williams LWB.

Prediction - Gills 1-1 Oxford (Brannagan)

Welcome!

Think that may well be the starting XI (assuming Moore is fit) but personally I’d keep Bodin in as he did well and generally I rate the guy.

Who knows we might even have a new signing or two in the squad by Saturday!!

Welcome!

Think that may well be the starting XI (assuming Moore is fit) but personally I’d keep Bodin in as he did well and generally I rate the guy.

Who knows we might even have a new signing or two in the squad by Saturday!!

I would be happy with Bodin for Holland tbf! You're right he did do well on Saturday in the number 10 and has a bit more magic in the locker than Holland

....should anyone forget, Gillingham supporters hate Swindon almost as much as we do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom