• Sub: Wildschut

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No One

Votes: 60 67.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What success? He has achieved nothing, absolute failure.
I don’t agree. We were thereabouts for a couple of seasons and played some cracking football under him at times. In his defence he’s also been, at times, a fanatastic ambassador for the club and in the community. And I don’t think anyone can question his work ethic. So fair play for that.

However…he wasn’t able to get us over the line when it mattered and we’ve definitely regressed in the last 12 months. He’s also proven several times now that he cannot be trusted with a war chest. And there is a clear and escalating issue with the mindset and attitude towards him from a number of players - that’s 100% at his door. And that won’t improve. So although it’s completely, definitely and absolutely time to go, it’s not been a complete disaster. I think Karl has found his level and it’s below what we want and need now.

PRB needs to get off the KR positive bus. We lost to a side that are likely to be relegated. We were beaten, we were not edged out. And these wins he is hoping for, well Barnsley won’t be easy, we then face Shrewsbury who are playing well. cut the spin, KR needs to go.
PRB is a clown 🤡 he has tinted glasses on like the board

Can anyone there tell us about the anti-Robbo chants today? Was it loud? Did the majority join in? Would he have heard them?

I don’t agree. We were thereabouts for a couple of seasons and played some cracking football under him at times. In his defence he’s also been, at times, a fanatastic ambassador for the club and in the community. And I don’t think anyone can question his work ethic. So fair play for that.

However…he wasn’t able to get us over the line when it mattered and we’ve definitely regressed in the last 12 months. He’s also proven several times now that he cannot be trusted with a war chest. And there is a clear and escalating issue with the mindset and attitude towards him from a number of players - that’s 100% at his door. And that won’t improve. So although it’s completely, definitely and absolutely time to go, it’s not been a complete disaster. I think Karl has found his level and it’s below what we want and need now.
Success is measured by promotions and winning trophies and legacies left by managers, a decent squad maybe or a long winning run.
Ambassador for the club?
He champions mental health causes, then goes and treats young players appallingly. Jones, Smith, Stevens, what has happened with Findlay, leaving months after signing a 4 year contract.
Sorry, he's damaged goods.

To be fair, I think the negativity on this forum isn’t necessarily reflected in the wider fan base.
Well this was wrong.

Fans embarrassing today second half I’m afraid. A very unpleasant Away end to be in. By all means voice your discontent but the glee some seemed to be taking in our shocking performance and the personal vitriol being aimed at a man who, while he may have his shortcomings, has never been openly disrespectful to fans was very disappointing. The ‘let’s pretend we’ve scored a goal’ thing, with accompanying ‘limbs’, was one of the most pathetic things I’ve ever seen in a football ground.

Performance horrendous. Second to everything. No width or football being played at any point. Depressing that the players who seemed to be putting in the biggest shifts were loanees in Bate and Joseph. Wildschutt and TG showed some nice touches but the game was gone by that point.

The tone has shifted today. RO and KR himself are rarely that despondent after a game. Agree that KR’s talking about the good times we’ve had at the club with him had the air of a recognition of the end being nigh.

Well, well, well..

Told you so.

He should be relieved of his duties tonight.
Firstly for on-field performance & more in the case of off field performance & his scumbag moves he’s made.

Appleton appointed till the end of the season.

Yes he has. But its the on field results that matter thats his job and he has failed, we have gone back since the play off final defeat and he hasn’t addressed that.

There’s a lot of anger going on right now and rightfully so.

I’m not going to pretend I want KR here a moment longer. The mess he’s leaving here is of his own making and his deviation from what made us a side looking upwards is his own fault. He has to own it. From signing the likes of Atkinson and McNally to throwing contracts at Baldock and Murphy? What on earth happened behind the scenes?

There’s some on here making out everything he’s done is a disaster. It hasn’t been, really. His win percentage is still pretty good and we can point to the years 2019-2021 as being a genuinely good, competitive League 1 side. It’s since then and since the start of 2022 in particular that we’ve gone completely down the wrong track.

Like a flawed Apprentice candidate it is with some ‘regret’ that he should go. I think in future years we’ll look back and wonder what all went wrong for Karl Robinson here. We were pointing the right way for much of his time here and yet here we are with our biggest budget in years being wasted.

Can anyone there tell us about the anti-Robbo chants today? Was it loud? Did the majority join in? Would he have heard them?
Relatively loud - started off one or two blokes shouting basically abuse at Robinson but in the second half the chants became increasingly loud and widely sung. They also developed e.g. references to KR's home life. Don't think more than a third were singing but then again not more than two thirds of our fans are ever singing at once and it was the hard core that were leading the songs

Indonesia is 7 hours ahead, so I would think if there was to be a change, they'll have a meeting at 9am tomorrow uk time and an announcement at 10am.
I don't think the board will make a decision until closer to the end of the season though.

Relatively loud - started off one or two blokes shouting basically abuse at Robinson but in the second half the chants became increasingly loud and widely sung. They also developed e.g. references to KR's home life. Don't think more than a third were singing but then again not more than two thirds of our fans are ever singing at once and it was the hard core that were leading the songs

Thanks

There’s a lot of anger going on right now and rightfully so.

I’m not going to pretend I want KR here a moment longer. The mess he’s leaving here is of his own making and his deviation from what made us a side looking upwards is his own fault. He has to own it. From signing the likes of Atkinson and McNally to throwing contracts at Baldock and Murphy? What on earth happened behind the scenes?

There’s some on here making out everything he’s done is a disaster. It hasn’t been, really. His win percentage is still pretty good and we can point to the years 2019-2021 as being a genuinely good, competitive League 1 side. It’s since then and since the start of 2022 in particular that we’ve gone completely down the wrong track.

Like a flawed Apprentice candidate it is with some ‘regret’ that he should go. I think in future years we’ll look back and wonder what all went wrong for Karl Robinson here. We were pointing the right way for much of his time here and yet here we are with our biggest budget in years being wasted.
I believe the head of recruitment is leaving for Derby and this has been on the cards for some considerable time so I'm guessing he's either half-arsed it or it's sabotage to a degree. It's absolutely criminal the amount of money we've wasted this season and will haunt us for another as we'll still be paying wages on these terrible signings. We also don't have any assets like we have previously (McNally, Dickie, Atkinson etc) so the chances of us having a big budget next summer is minimal.

Robinson saying he’s a victim of his own success?! We’re still pretty much where we were when he came in!
It's incredible isn't it!?
I couldn't believe it when he said, perhaps we've come so high so fast that what we have now is mediocrity!!
It really is unbelievable!!

I believe the head of recruitment is leaving for Derby and this has been on the cards for some considerable time so I'm guessing he's either half-arsed it or it's sabotage to a degree. It's absolutely criminal the amount of money we've wasted this season and will haunt us for another as we'll still be paying wages on these terrible signings. We also don't have any assets like we have previously (McNally, Dickie, Atkinson etc) so the chances of us having a big budget next summer is minimal.
Pretty hard to do your job as Head of Recruitment when Karl has the final say and wants to sort out wingers and strikers himself.

It does explain why almost all our developing prospects in recent years have been defenders, and the injury gambles like Bodin, Browne, Holland, Baldock and Murphy are all attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom