• Sub: Konate

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • No one

Votes: 72 58.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. All this CDM and CAM malarkey is just modern day over complication.

I’m going to show my age now but imo the best midfield combination is a Souness type - a bit of a nasty so and so who’ll put his foot in when necessary but can also pass the ball efficiently (CDM?) and a Wark type who has the ability to attack the box at the right time and score a few goals (CAM?) The two examples I’ve picked were obviously masters of their trade.

Under Dennis Smith we had Smith and Gray in midfield. Neither were spectacular but they worked hard and efficiently. We didn’t do too bad with them did we?
Very few sides play with only two in midfield now - you’ll likely get overrun. If you can have a top quality player shielding the defence it makes you very hard to get through. Plus if they can pass a bit they can set up your attacks from deep.

No sign of McGuane, and is that Smyth or Smith on the bench?

Gorrin had his initial season ending knee injury in November 2021.

16 months later and we still have signed a replacement CDM.

Beggars belief.
100% agree. Look at Wycombe, Scowen, Gape and Thompson. One or two usually injured but can always field one CDM to protect the back 4. Result. Lots of clean sheets

Nice of Murphy to turn up again…oh. Another solid couple of weeks contributing from the absolute best League One has to offer. Honestly it’s beyond laughable.

Suppose we will win it and the cycle of hope might start again.............. or lose and the cycle of doom kicks in.

Ho hum - iFollow it is.

There’s absolutely no way McGuane is not even in the squad if he’s fit, surely. Even KR wouldn’t go that far…

Also where’s Murphy?

The back four and Bate and Brannagan I am on board with.
Difficult to know how the four forward players will line up. Browne in the hole is demostrably not his best position so there's an element of square peg and round hole there. Maybe Wildschut there and Browne wide left?

There’s absolutely no way McGuane is not even in the squad if he’s fit, surely. Even KR wouldn’t go that far…

Also where’s Murphy?
McGuane injured, for Murphy maybe one of the Bacon Butty Crew can shed light...was something super secret said yesterday apparently.

Ah yes, taking the captaincy off someone mid-season, and having joint captains. The sign of a healthy team, doing well with no problems behind the scenes…
It's the second time recently (the other being when Taylor went out on loan) that I've had to check it's not April 1st when seeing the story.

An old school back line and several more experienced heads in there. Keeping fingers crossed 🤞

Ah yes, taking the captaincy off someone mid-season, and having joint captains. The sign of a healthy team, doing well with no problems behind the scenes…

Yep - exactly the kind of clear decision making that has been the hallmark of this excellent season.

Not the kind of indecisive, half in/half out, finger in the air, hope for the best, trying to make the best of a bad situation we’ve put ourselves in…not at all

Also where’s Murphy?
Just 2 proper midfielders is a huge worry, imagine if either of them get injured!

Anyone know the SP on Murphy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom