• Draw

Votes: 22 22.2%
  • Bristol Rovers

Votes: 52 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A must win game against a side we usually struggle against, what could go wrong…

I’d go 352 with Fleming and Tyler as wing backs and play Smith and Joseph up top together.

What ever happens we need the players to put a shift in for 90 minutes rather than just 30-45 minutes.
Swap Smith for O’Donker

Donks on at HT
Oh god no, that is my pet hate in football is making HT subs for the sake of it. Understandable for an injury but other or if a player is having the worst game in history but other than that, no need for them, it only demotivates the player that is coming on.

Oh god no, that is my pet hate in football is making HT subs for the sake of it. Understandable for an injury but other or if a player is having the worst game in history but other than that, no need for them, it only demotivates the player that is coming on.
of late, one of my pet hates is the pre planned (after 60 min) substitution, my dislike is probably because it often involves taking off a player who is (at the time ) firing on all cylinders - O Donker has scored 8 goals , granted at youth team level - inc a hat trick- in four games, since he last made the matchday squad ... he either has to start, or get more than 30 mins ..... he at least knows where the goal is, and his confidence should be high

But Robinson makes pre-planned substitutions EVERY game. He is easy to read and tactically inept.

But Robinson makes pre-planned substitutions EVERY game. He is easy to read and tactically inept.
My favourite thing is when on occasion before a game he tells us exactly when a returning player will come off and lo and behold, that’s what happens, regardless of the situation and the player performance.

My favourite thing is when on occasion before a game he tells us exactly when a returning player will come off and lo and behold, that’s what happens, regardless of the situation and the player performance.
My favourite is when he plays any player who “only has X minutes in their legs” and then pretends that they’re fit as a result of them appearing. Even though only being fit enough for a limited amount of minutes by definition means that they categorically aren’t fully fit, and any minutes that they do play don’t represent that player at their fullest as a result. You don’t get Marcus Browne if he can only play X minutes, you’re getting a percentage of Marcus Browne.

Then they get injured and he says it’s a freak. Bit like when Wildschut hadn’t even trained once and had been travelling for most of the day 24 hours before he came on at Wimbledon, and then tore his hamstring. Bloody bad luck, that.

My favourite is when he plays any player who “only has X minutes in their legs” and then pretends that they’re fit as a result of them appearing. Even though only being fit enough for a limited amount of minutes by definition means that they categorically aren’t fully fit, and any minutes that they do play don’t represent that player at their fullest as a result. You don’t get Marcus Browne if he can only play X minutes, you’re getting a percentage of Marcus Browne.

Then they get injured and he says it’s a freak. Bit like when Wildschut hadn’t even trained once and had been travelling for most of the day 24 hours before he came on at Wimbledon, and then tore his hamstring. Bloody bad luck, that.

🤷🏻‍♂️

decent player in there somewhere- he isnt going to win many headers, no matter how many times its hit long and high
Another issue of this season, we have gone away from the way we used to play. Smith would be the perfect replacement for Taylor if we still played like we had in the previous seasons but for some reason, this season we have become a long ball team and not a very good one.
If we get back to basics then Smith will be a good player for us.

Another issue of this season, we have gone away from the way we used to play. Smith would be the perfect replacement for Taylor if we still played like we had in the previous seasons but for some reason, this season we have become a long ball team and not a very good one.
If we get back to basics then Smith will be a good player for us.

There’s 13 games left.

Completely agree but also if Taylor had been in the same form as previous seasons he wouldn’t need replacing.

I’d be interested to know Steve, do you actually watch the vast majority of games in the stadiums?

If so, I think you’d not be able to dispute that the number of goal scoring opportunities that have been created for Taylor this season has greatly diminished. Furthermore, I’d love to know the number of touches he’s actually had in the oppositions box.

There is no disputing his form has dipped but my god, the service he has received has been far from good enough.

To me, Smith is not an upgrade on Taylor and if it was a decision between the Smith and G’OD, you may as well be playing G’OD - at least he is our asset instead of somebody else’s.

Taylor doesn't create his own chances ,you create them for him and he does the business. Hoofing it to him 8ft of the ground his not his style. We really are playing so much Sunday football I remember playing this way for garden city fc under 12 s 50 years ago. We have completely lost our style and are resorting to desperate football. Will it be any different Saturday at 12-30 let's hope so 🙏

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom