Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: O'Donker

• Sub: Goodrham

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sub: Findlay

• Total voters
Not sure that is fair. Even Robinson said that there's a huge difference between playing Long and Brown as your wing backs, and Anderson and Fleming who played there today. Also I thought Wildschut played that lone striker role much better than Taylor has for 12 months, and with a bit more experience and know how than we've seen from GO'D so far. I agree that we've got to this position by default, but that doesn't take away from the credit in Robinson making the changes for today's game.
Totally agree with you,
No doubt he got it right today.
Anyone who looks at our squad’s strengths can see what we should build from months ago
wildschut although worked out well today, reiterates my point is we have neglected the front man’s/? role . For sometime now.
I agree Robinson should take credit for today,
Maybe Mous has held him back? From seeing obvious

The best thing about today was the three points. It was a non-event for spectators.

Ipswich weren’t all that, Robinson deserves kudos for tactics,Wildschut added a lot of oomph and the left back coped easily with the standard.

Let’s go Brandon!

Thought he performed well.

FnBpvcbWQAgHe8n

The best thing about today was the three points. It was a non-event for spectators.

Ipswich weren’t all that, Robinson deserves kudos for tactics,Wildschut added a lot of oomph and the left back coped easily with the standard.
Brannagan's goal was no non-event. Thundered it in. No swerving left or right, straight as an arrow into the bottom corner. Perfect view from left side , East Stand. Not too cold in row X, but freezing at pitch level.

I would pay good money to see some footage from the away end of when the winner goes in - both to see what they could make out - but more-so (hopefully) the roar of the home crowd before they really know it's happened.

The double-whammy of conceding combined with the lack of clarity would be delicious.

Ideally followed immediately by the clacking of a few retracting plastic seats too.
Good vlog here

If memory serves me rightly, we kicked towards the Cuckoo Lane End the 2nd Half and a few of us walked round to where the Manor Lounge was, hoping for a goal or two from us. Unfortunately most the play was the other end that half so saw about 10 minutes of play out of 45!

Great win, in a weird way I quite enjoyed it, strange being there and not having a clue what was going on most of the time but you know it’s a game that you will remember years from now.

Hard to write to much about the game as even some of the bits you could follow you didn’t know which of our players had the ball, intrigued to see a Wildschut and Joseph front two though, a hard running, physical attack of the like we haven’t seen in years.

Last edited:
Second time I've watched Ipswich at the breeze block in recent years and the weather was a factor.

Totally unexpected the win...but they are the best kind. Fair play

Fair to KR, selection worked, subs had impact too.

I remember it well ,The monsoon that halted the game while the groundsmen were using their forks to try and drain the water away. I've never seen rain drench majority in the east stand like that night.

Today will be one of the games that is remembered for the weather,

Who remembers the game against Kidderminster in January 2004 that was ruined by gale force wind that included fans having to me moved from the SSL to the North stand due to part of SS roof coming loose? Strangely that ended 2-1 to us aswell.

That was quite a laugh today. Not much of a game and neither team impressed, I can barely think of a move either side put together that was decent but a couple of moments of individual quality won it for us.

Yanic was certainly a handful up front and did absolutely brilliantly for his goal, he fully deserved the slice of luck he got on the way through. Otherwise it's hard to say anyone had a particularly good or bad game.

Credit to Robbo and the team, we battled well and the formation suited us better, although Bodin added nothing and I think Anderson is better starting his runs from as far back as possible, I think he needs space to work with.

Quality wise the game won't live long in the memory but it was certainly a bit different with the weather. I'm SSU and fairly central and couldn't see what was going on a lot of the time, Christ knows what it was like for the East Stand! I was expecting to hear wild celebrations every time we got near their box just to wind the Ipswich fans up.

Back
Top Bottom