Home Match Day Thread 18/4/2023 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

MOTM

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They're right. What KR did to this football club is a disgrace. Manning, although he might be a good coach, wasn't the right appointment for the moment.
No manager is going to get us 2-3 goals most games with this squad - 1, maybe. What Manning has done, which is what most here said and wanted, is to stop us leaking goals and to be harder to beat - this is true. Manning has steadied the ship. This is the best we are going to get from the team.
People wanted Apples back, I did too, but Appleton took a good season to build a magnificant squad. He doesn't have that time. We needed someone to be systematic with the squad - calm and measured. Nathan spoke how Manning reminded him of Appleton - we have the right man.

I think Accrington and Morecambe are both gone. It’s all about us, Cambridge and MK Dons.

Got to say, referee’s having a bit of a stinker. In our favour though so cracking stuff!
Agree, he is all over the place. If he can avoid making such a ricket as the bloke on Saturday though, he will look like Collina...

Half time 1-1 there is a real chance we could win this game. Pompey are no great shakes. It’s vital we get something, because away at Barnsley on Saturday I don’t think we will get anything other than a 3 or more defeat.

At least it looks like everyone is trying today. A win, although unlikely, looks possible.

Back
Top Bottom