Home Match Day Thread 16/07/22 PSF: OUFC v Coventry

But the same old problems are there & have been for 2 years now & as a whole THIS TEAM CANNOT DEFEND (it will be the same re-occurring Robinson who will not a address these issues in this team & which will ultimately fail as a result that’s by keeping hold of the same 2 Goalkeepers, not adding real fullback competition for Long & Seddon instead look for stop gaps of Forde & Brown without fixing the real issue here, look for another playmaker in defensive midfielder instead of signing a decent no nonsense midfielder with a physical element who can read danger & get round the pitch)
Oh I agree with that, but it doesn't mean this squad is relegation-worthy, which Wandering Yellow was hinting at. If we sign no one else (which we won't, more bodies will come in), then barring a big injury crisis this squad wouldn't be relegated.

When we get hammered at Derby it's going to be a real wake up call for some on here. Unless we get loads of quality through the door I don't want to go to see us humiliated.
Easy solution; don’t go then?
I’d rather not have to stand next to someone bleating all game about how we’re going to get hammered thanks.

Oh I agree with that, but it doesn't mean this squad is relegation-worthy, which Wandering Yellow was hinting at. If we sign no one else (which we won't, more bodies will come in), then barring a big injury crisis this squad wouldn't be relegated.
Definitely not I agree but I think people on here will get a wake up call sooner or later with KR, patience is wearing thin now with his BS he didn’t learn the lessons after the battering Blackpool gave us in the playoffs last year & another slow/poor start to the season (with fixtures looking quite favourable to us to get a decent amount of points return over Aug/Sept) then he should be taken out.

Definitely not I agree but I think people on here will get a wake up call sooner or later with KR, patience is wearing thin now with his BS he didn’t learn the lessons after the battering Blackpool gave us in the playoffs last year & another slow/poor start to the season (with fixtures looking quite favourable to us to get a decent amount of points return over Aug/Sept) then he should be taken out.
Not sure I'd go that for, I think sacking him would be enough.

Chill out, Don Corleone.

Easy solution; don’t go then?
I’d rather not have to stand next to someone bleating all game about how we’re going to get hammered thanks.
Quick ask...did you go to the match today?

Because if you did, I'm pretty sure that the 90 minutes you witnessed even with the very best of tinted glasses wasn't the best ever fayre served even though it was what it was a pre-season sort of nothing game.

Personally, I thought we looked well below par today and lacking and have to admit we need a lot of work done and quickly if we are to challenge. I hope whatever/whoever is coming through the yellows changing room doors is worth the wait because for the first season in several I thought we looked mediocre in several departments. On the plus side though Marcus Browne if he stayes fit looks odd on to become a championship player again with Cameron no doubt joining him there too albeit hopefully with Oxford.

On today's opponents they were nothing more than an average joeseph of a team. They in my humble opinion will struggle this coming season.

I hope today's showing was just a cobweb of a performance and I can see why that the few who attended today's match went away with a few concerns especially with the season just a couple of weeks away and a tough gig at Pride Park to start with. And on that note we will probably win this one by 3 goals to one.

COYY'S.

You implied that you did with your question about which 4 teams will be worse than us.

So which 9 teams do you think will be worse than us?
I suspect
Vale
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Lincoln
Burton (maybe)
Exeter
Rovers (close call)
Fleetwood

I suspect accy and Cambridge will be in and around us. I will stick with my 15th prediction barring a massive turnaround.

Where do you think we will finish?

It’s getting to the point where I would love it, just love it, if we managed to beat Derby, just to shove it down the throat of some of the naysayers on here.
Are we allowed to "shove it down your throat" when Derby win then?
You'll be bleating on about how it's only one game and we need to gel in response

Guys it was a tad inept performance today but it didn’t take away the excitement that my 5year old grandson took from today. Sat in the SSU in block 11 he loved it. Clapped when he was supposed to clap, never got board or asked for his tablet, but said grumps when can we go again. I take that as a good result. I challenge MR Egg to be that positive. Lol. He loves the new shirt and wants 1. ( guess what’s been pre ordered). Roll on Derby 1st game , can’t wait.

Guys it was a tad inept performance today but it didn’t take away the excitement that my 5year old grandson took from today. Sat in the SSU in block 11 he loved it. Clapped when he was supposed to clap, never got board or asked for his tablet, but said grumps when can we go again. I take that as a good result. I challenge MR Egg to be that positive. Lol. He loves the new shirt and wants 1. ( guess what’s been pre ordered). Roll on Derby 1st game , can’t wait.

Great to see the next generation of Eggs coming through!!

I suspect
Vale
Cheltenham
Morecambe
Lincoln
Burton (maybe)
Exeter
Rovers (close call)
Fleetwood

I suspect accy and Cambridge will be in and around us. I will stick with my 15th prediction barring a massive turnaround.

Where do you think we will finish?
I wouldn’t like to say until I see who we sign before the transfer window closes…

My main conclusions were: Sinclair was better and more useful than I expected. Golding was better than expected. I had hoped Seddon would have got back to his best, but unfortunately not the case. I hope Bodin was just having an off day because he barely played a ball right all day. Like he had the wrong boots on.

Came away from the game thinking the same shortfalls with the team are still there, the late substitutes made a more attacking feel to our game but by then the heat had probably affected Coventry, good numbers from them, the car park was easy to vacate 😂.

Back
Top Bottom