Matches The amount of PSF’s

Steve Gilbert

It’s been a strange pre season so far for me. I had got used to a lot of PSF’s when Robinson was in charge but it seems under manning, we have played a lot less games with more time spent on the training pitch.

After tonight’s game it does seem that time has been vital to get the players to understand the game plan and I think it has been much more important that actually playing games.

I think this could prove to be the difference between missing out on the play offs to getting into the play offs with all players understanding their jobs.

I also think the amount of friendlies was to our detriment in the past. I thought we had too many injuries and looked like we were running in treacle coming in to the opening fixtures.
We looked fit and quick yesterday.

It’s been a strange pre season so far for me. I had got used to a lot of PSF’s when Robinson was in charge but it seems under manning, we have played a lot less games with more time spent on the training pitch.

After tonight’s game it does seem that time has been vital to get the players to understand the game plan and I think it has been much more important that actually playing games.

I think this could prove to be the difference between missing out on the play offs to getting into the play offs with all players understanding their jobs.
Good point and under Robinson we generally seemed to have atrocious starts which shows his pre season didn’t work.

I guess you need more time training to get people into a new system so thats probably natural with any manager

Some of our previous PSF's were the youth team playing around the county as a bit of a fundraiser. So I don't think that the first team are playing fewer games, but the structure is very different.

Previously it felt like games were purely used for getting minutes into the legs. This year has been about developing systems and rotating a few players around that rather than making wholesale changes at half time. Its also noticeable that youth players have been introduced gradually into these games too, so that we have one identity throughout the club.

I'm on holiday at the moment but was able to find a stream last night (thanks @Malc for your previous tip!) and will hopefully do the same for today's game. I suspect that despite changes to personnel the set up will be exactly the same so we can compare like for like.

Back
Top Bottom