Away Match Day Thread 31/07/21 PSF - Bristol R v OUFC

Disappointed to lose, but in a way good, a lesson and hoped we've learnt.
That's what the games are all about, we mustn't paper over the cracks, expose them now and sort them out.

Add Long & Gorrin + a new LCB & we look good to go. McNally as well for further competition

I have faith in both Winnall and Agyei. Should add I don’t think either played that well today, but think both will do a good job in complementing Taylor.

Winnall did look leaner and sharper. Don’t know if others thought that?

IMHO, the first half they clearly justified the fiver I expended. Some very nice moves. Finish was a bit “off season” and they do need some practice in that area. (Which I guess was what today was all about). Second half was a different matter. The subs threw any shape we had out of the window and the inexperience of our youngsters, contrasted markedly with the very experienced gas sub ‘Porky Pi**man’

I would like to say I enjoyed it, but losing anything to that lot, hurts.

Result today not important, it's how much was learnt by KR. He wasn't happy with the replacement CB's or Elechi. Both Moore and Mous were taken off as a precaution only. Mous has the heart of a lion, but was way behind the pace, against a second division side. His final frustration ended up in a fair penalty.
Seddon was superb, Henry seemed to fire on all cylinders.
Taylor got so wound up by their fans, he nearly took the keepers head off towards the end. CB cover is desperately needed and LB cover.
That was the first time many of those players had played together, so naturally mistakes were made.
If there was anything riding on that game today Oxford could have gone up a couple of gears and strolled it.
Funniest sight was Pitman waddling around the field, he is carrying so much timber, but my god he does what it says on the tin, and knows where the goal is.

Controlled the majority of the game - technically very sound, but lacking in a firefight. Their 1st goal came from an aggressive push through the centre that we failed to clear, and their winner came from the same rovers player winning multiple 50/50 challenges in a key area of the pitch vs our players who basically waved a toe at it. Unforgivable if that was a league game.

Im aware that I sound like a stuck record but we have to be much harder through the centre if we want promotion. Im sure its still a priority - because its our only real weakness.

I thought we looked good. All of their goals were mistakes which won't happen with the 1st choice players on the pitch.

Goal 1: Mousinho showed his lack of pace and gave away a pen.
Goals 2 and 3: Johnson in midfield got caught with the ball at his feet, both giving the ball to Rovers in a dangerous position.

When Brannagan was on the pitch and I feel the same with Gorrin, those type of mistakes rarely happen.

Back
Top Bottom