Matches PSF Wimbledon away

Mate, have a f*****g day off!

I've just mentioned several positive and encouraging things and you have to turn it into a negative. I don't know why you go to games, or come on here, you don't seem to enjoy either?

I know you're entitled to your opinion, but have you stopped to think how wearing it is for people having to read your constant negativity and moaning. I usually skim past your posts now, but I'm replying to this one as it was a response to mine. I've no desire to enter into one of the long arguments you have with other people so won't be engaging with you after this post.
It was a genuine question. I think he looked class for his time on the pitch. But I don't know how long a Hamstring takes to come back from and it may impact his season. Murphy may be a more likely contender for the fan favourite moniker.

I think I do need to take a break from here because everyone assumes negativity now in everything I write, so genuine questions don't get answered.

I went, sat on the halfway line, so decent view, and think to say we were a group of individuals is massively unfair and wide of the mark.

Findlay looks a proper player. Much quicker than I expected too.
McGuane ran the game and looks better each game in his new role.
Browne was powerful and very sharp in the central role and linked up well with those around him.
Murphy is a very very skilful, strong and quick player. Real quality, likes a tackle too.
Wildschut will be a fans favourite. For the short time he was on he was immense. Quick, strong, front footed and always looking to go past his man.
The quartet of McGuane, Browne, Murphy and Wildschut were on a different level and you could see them all bounce off each other.

We're not the finished article, but I have a very good feeling about what's being built. Another 4 or 5 to come in and we'll be a real force. Not to leave them out but Sinclair and Jones were OK, although I think it's the weakest game I've seen Jones have. Sinclair is growing on me.
It was “only” Oxford City, but the other week McGuane and Browne looked a hell of a duo and seemed to have a great connection.

It was a genuine question. I think he looked class for his time on the pitch. But I don't know how long a Hamstring takes to come back from and it may impact his season. Murphy may be a more likely contender for the fan favourite moniker.

I think I do need to take a break from here because everyone assumes negativity now in everything I write, so genuine questions don't get answered.
Depends massively on the severity. It could be a slight twinge and he could be back next week or within a fortnight. A standard pulled hamstring i would guess 4 to 6 weeks. Not the end of the world but frustrating as both him and baldock could miss all of August. We do have plenty of good cover though

Depends massively on the severity. It could be a slight twinge and he could be back next week or within a fortnight. A standard pulled hamstring i would guess 4 to 6 weeks. Not the end of the world but frustrating as both him and baldock could miss all of August. We do have plenty of good cover though
The reason I asked is I had a mate who was an amateur football and his hamstring plagued him. Seemed to recur for him every season he played and if he came back too soon he usually "pulled up" again. The thing is with how football is these days there is probably a sports scientist who will manage his return and recovery is handled totally different in a professional environment.

Thanks for asking because it was a genuine question. I like to think I'm rhino-skinned but being questioned about whether I enjoy gamrs or even love the club does offend me a bit. Particularly with the amount of money I spend following us and I've always loved it. I'm concerned we are going to blow a good budget on a manager who I'm not sure will ever take us over the line but I can't argue on-paper we have made some good signings and there's rumours of more to come.

I've not always been negative, but I really started to question my support of KR last season as I feel like he's one of those managers who doesn't necessarily learn from his mistakes and I find that alongside his strange media handling at times frustrating. I've never denied the guy seems to be a good man manager and gets a squad all going in the same direction though.

I'm going to take a break from here for a few weeks because I feel like some people have totally the wrong impression of me, I'm a bit faecetious and questioning but I'm not a bad person who hates the football club, quite the opposite. The same goes for other posters perceived as negative, they might not have the same attitude as you do but I guarantee they are all genuine fans who love the club.

Will log back on after the Cambridge home game, I like interacting on here and chatting with fellow yellows.

I was there today, and have quite a few observations.....

-I wasn't particularly confident in either of our keepers that played, esp after seeing McGinty in the warm up, who looked so much more assured with the ball at his feet, very accurate with his left foot and he also made some cracking saves in the shooting drills! Give him a go I say!
-I'm now a bit worried about Sam Long, he plays with his heart and will give it all for the team but every time he got the ball he either turned back, lost it or played it aimlessly forward. I actually thought Forde was much more effective there (tho we were attacking more when he came on) as I feel he knows the position and what to do in it better than Long. Maybe CB is Longy's natural position.
-Findlay will, I think, be great for us, one covering tackle showed his pace, but he will have to get up to speed with the rest of the back 5 quickly, and also needs to learn not to expect Easty to be ready to receive the ball, he's not very good at it! But he's a unit and mobile, I think he will anchor the defence for a few years.
-Moore actually dealt better with the 6'8 beanpole than the short nippy forward, overall he did ok but there was certainly a couple of heart in mouth moments! He likes to bring the ball out of defence often but you're never certain what he's going to do with it!
-I still really do think Seddon could be a decent player but atm he doesn't know if he's a defender or an attacker and didn't do either that well! KR needs to sort him out and coach him this season. Good athlete tho and offers that left balance.
-Cam is THE absolute heartbeat and star of this team, no question, if we lose him we are in trouble, he is the only one in the midfield with it all- ability, vision, energy and football know how. What. A. Player. God knows why the Wombles no. 10 went nose to nose with him, he's way out of your league mate!!
-McGuane did some decent things, especially when he ran forward, but too often he was hassled out of it or dallied on the ball. I'm still not certain that's his best position, further forward may be better for him to be more effective.
-Bodin annoyed me a bit today, he played too deep too often, didn't really do enough on the ball for me and his corners were mainly rubbish, most didn't even beat the first man. Not sure he can do the wide job as he's not quick enough but I'm not sure either he's the number 10 we need supporting Tayls.
-I'm sorry but Marcus Browne was pants in the first half! Then second half when he moved centrally he was a bit better but I still expect more from someone with his background, pace and ability, for gods sake will he shoot sometimes!
-Jodi Jones showed flashes of pace today and obviously has quality but again he didn't really nail down a position, was floating round on the right side somewhere....one good run showed his pace, again KR needs to deploy him correctly.
-Tayls had no service, put himself about as usual, wound up the opposition as usual, but resorted to a shot outside the box as his only effort! But we know we can rely on him, but we do need some more bodies in that position.

Of the subs:
-Gorrin looked like the Gorrin we know but with every challenge we winced to see how he reacted. Good energy when he came on too.
-Murphy looks far too good for this level, but he must quickly realise he can't have the time on the ball you might get a league higher. But he had pace, control, football nous, and a willingness to take players on. SIGN HIM ON NOW!! Please!
-Wildschut similarly excited in his brief cameo, skill and balls in to the box, but let's hope we can see him on the pitch again soon.
-I do like the premise of Sinclair as he is different to Matty and Baldock, yes he didn't have a lot of efforts today but there wasn't much service, he ran the channels a couple of times and a couple of good touches....but would he be a waste of aa squad place?
-Ciaron Brown must be a bit gutted to not be maybe a 'first choice' but it is a squad game and we will need every player. The depth could be the difference this year? He will be used more than we think.
-I liked us better when Jamo came on, with his little flicks, his brain and his experience - yes he's now not the quickest but he will fight, try hard and has quality still. Again a good squad player to have on board.

As an interesting point of note, the group sitting in front of me were Stuart Findlay's wife, sister and bro-in-law, lovely people, and they said he was absolutely delighted to be part of our club, that he was very impressed with the set up, and that one thing he had liked was that KR had had 3 or 4 meetings with the player before signing to get to know him, and that really helped. He's house hunting in Oxfordshire atm, and some other members of his family will be at Derby watching him.

If we do get Murphy, Jones, maybe a player in (either or both) full back positions, a big target man type (Stockton!) and maybe another enforcer type midfielder then I think this could be a hell of a season. Whatever happens, we know it will be a roller coaster ride so strap in and close your eyes!!

Sorry for the essay!!

See you at Derby! COYY's!!💛

For those that went, how did the new guys do?
Findlay for example?
Saw what I thought was the new goalkeeper in the warm up and he was confident in the shoot out before the match but he looked like he would be equally at home playing Irish gaelic football with his build and stature!

Findlay played ok for a geezer who has just jetted in and plonked into a team and to a system probably so much different to what he has had to contend with recently. He did look fairly calm on the ball and hopefully with a further week to gel he'll only get better. He isn't a Dickie, Atkinson or McNally but has some semblance to Thorniley but unlike Thorniley this time he is all ours from the outset and will form a much different back line to the last three seasons and it may well work out better somehow and with a partnership with Moore we just might concede fewer goals.

I like Marcus Browne full stop but I think this Murphy geezer will if he signs form a new 'brutal' partnership with Browne and from this it will add a new dimension to our play that we have been woefully shy of at times. I think we could with these two bully sides legitimately.

JJ I'm still unsure about. Although If it was a play and you'll be paid 6 month contract then let him have a squad number for sure.

On Jerome it is a suitcase full of uncertainty. Do we offer him a short contract whilst Baldock is injured to take a little weight off Taylor or has the club got a.n.other young striker lurking somewhere?

On Yanic, well he was a chunk of a man who didn't have too much time to impress before going off injured but the few minutes he had it did look like he had been away from the Efl a bit too long. I hope he works hard and trims a few pounds whilst he is sidelined but is another who probably likes when he's super fit to take the ball and the man together for a journey in space man. Unfortunately, for me he looked every inch like the bouncer who used to tell me to quieten down some years back in Dtm's!

On the game...couldn't quite get as excited as KR and had a worry where the goals are going to come from but on the positive step there was no goals conceded which could see my adjusted prediction of a one nil away win next week with Messr Browne slamming in a seventieth minute winner and us hanging on for the win.

On the day itself prior to the match we enjoyed a few beers and food in the Wandle and then we wandelled down to the ground where we ploughed the fields and scattered the ball anywhere but the net. Sorry Cam.

COYY'S.

-I wasn't particularly confident in either of our keepers that played, esp after seeing McGinty in the warm up, who looked so much more assured with the ball at his feet, very accurate with his left foot and he also made some cracking saves in the shooting drills! Give him a go I say!
-I'm now a bit worried about Sam Long, he plays with his heart and will give it all for the team but every time he got the ball he either turned back, lost it or played it aimlessly forward. I actually thought Forde was much more effective there (tho we were attacking more when he came on) as I feel he knows the position and what to do in it better than Long. Maybe CB is Longy's natural position.
-Findlay will, I think, be great for us, one covering tackle showed his pace, but he will have to get up to speed with the rest of the back 5 quickly, and also needs to learn not to expect Easty to be ready to receive the ball, he's not very good at it! But he's a unit and mobile, I think he will anchor the defence for a few years.
-Moore actually dealt better with the 6'8 beanpole than the short nippy forward, overall he did ok but there was certainly a couple of heart in mouth moments! He likes to bring the ball out of defence often but you're never certain what he's going to do with it!
-I still really do think Seddon could be a decent player but atm he doesn't know if he's a defender or an attacker and didn't do either that well! KR needs to sort him out and coach him this season. Good athlete tho and offers that left balance.
-Cam is THE absolute heartbeat and star of this team, no question, if we lose him we are in trouble, he is the only one in the midfield with it all- ability, vision, energy and football know how. What. A. Player. God knows why the Wombles no. 10 went nose to nose with him, he's way out of your league mate!!
-McGuane did some decent things, especially when he ran forward, but too often he was hassled out of it or dallied on the ball. I'm still not certain that's his best position, further forward may be better for him to be more effective.
-Bodin annoyed me a bit today, he played too deep too often, didn't really do enough on the ball for me and his corners were mainly rubbish, most didn't even beat the first man. Not sure he can do the wide job as he's not quick enough but I'm not sure either he's the number 10 we need supporting Tayls.
-I'm sorry but Marcus Browne was pants in the first half! Then second half when he moved centrally he was a bit better but I still expect more from someone with his background, pace and ability, for gods sake will he shoot sometimes!
-Jodi Jones showed flashes of pace today and obviously has quality but again he didn't really nail down a position, was floating round on the right side somewhere....one good run showed his pace, again KR needs to deploy him correctly.
-Tayls had no service, put himself about as usual, wound up the opposition as usual, but resorted to a shot outside the box as his only effort! But we know we can rely on him, but we do need some more bodies in that position.

Of the subs:
-Gorrin looked like the Gorrin we know but with every challenge we winced to see how he reacted. Good energy when he came on too.
-Murphy looks far too good for this level, but he must quickly realise he can't have the time on the ball you might get a league higher. But he had pace, control, football nous, and a willingness to take players on. SIGN HIM ON NOW!! Please!
-Wildschut similarly excited in his brief cameo, skill and balls in to the box, but let's hope we can see him on the pitch again soon.
-I do like the premise of Sinclair as he is different to Matty and Baldock, yes he didn't have a lot of efforts today but there wasn't much service, he ran the channels a couple of times and a couple of good touches....but would he be a waste of aa squad place?
-Ciaron Brown must be a bit gutted to not be maybe a 'first choice' but it is a squad game and we will need every player. The depth could be the difference this year? He will be used more than we think.
-I liked us better when Jamo came on, with his little flicks, his brain and his experience - yes he's now not the quickest but he will fight, try hard and has quality still. Again a good squad player to have on board.

As an interesting point of note, the group sitting in front of me were Stuart Findlay's wife, sister and bro-in-law, lovely people, and they said he was absolutely delighted to be part of our club, that he was very impressed with the set up, and that one thing he had liked was that KR had had 3 or 4 meetings with the player before signing to get to know him, and that really helped. He's house hunting in Oxfordshire atm, and some other members of his family will be at Derby watching him.

If we do get Murphy, Jones, maybe a player in (either or both) full back positions, a big target man type (Stockton!) and maybe another enforcer type midfielder then I think this could be a hell of a season. Whatever happens, we know it will be a roller coaster ride so strap in and close your eyes!!

Sorry for the essay!!

Murphy's girlfriend was also there and seemed quite happy. She suddenly lit up when she realised he was warming up near to where she was sitting.
Still find the comments from kr thanking the board for backing financially and that its not a trial, regarding Murphy with a big grin on his face. Again, think it was him in the Oxmail post match that he was hoping one in tomorrow and one Monday, but could be wrong.
Quite interesting to see if kr has had Derby scouted or not. Faz did a little scouting of northern opposition last season, and he was there on Tuesday evening.

Thanks, Andy, for your assessment of the players, and especially thanks for this: "As an interesting point of note, the group sitting in front of me were Stuart Findlay's wife, sister and bro-in-law, lovely people, and they said he was absolutely delighted to be part of our club, that he was very impressed with the set up, and that one thing he had liked was that KR had had 3 or 4 meetings with the player before signing to get to know him, and that really helped". KR isn't perfect (who is), but it's no wonder that players always seem to go out of their way (well most of them!) to say what a good gaffer he is.

Of the subs:

Sorry for the essay!!

Thanks for the in-depth report on the players.
On long I’ve thought for a while he is a very solid league 1 player but for us to go to the next level then we need better. He is an excellent squad player to have though.
I wouldn’t expect Browne to get up to speed for a good while yet, he is only just coming back from a long lay off and will take time to get back into his stride but he is a player that we know will tear teams apart on his day.
Murphy would be the signing of the summer for me and if the club have pulled it off then it will certainly set a marker down.

From just a week ago to now our squad is actually looking like a top 6 side and we haven’t even finished bringing players in yet!

Was a bit disappointed we couldn’t beat an average AFCW team yesterday. I know it’s only a friendly but the last big one before the season starts would’ve been good to get a win.

Thought Moore and Findlay dovetailed nicely. First impressions of Findlay are very positive.

Thought Mcguane had another good run out. Can’t see him not starting next Saturday.

Thought JJ was quiet. Haven’t been overly impressed with him in the way others have in pre season but I would take the chance on him.

Murphy looked good.

Jerome hasn’t done enough for me. Was always worth a trial but I think it’s time to wish him well and let him find a different home.

Yanic played well for the short time he was on. Unsure if he’s up to match speed or not, looks bulky (maybe too bulky) but did a good job of getting beyond his man.

Great to see Gorrin back.

One player I’ve been disappointed with in pre season is Bodin.

Sounds like JJ and Murphy are done. Just need a LB for Derby.

Was a bit disappointed we couldn’t beat an average AFCW team yesterday. I know it’s only a friendly but the last big one before the season starts would’ve been good to get a win.

Thought Moore and Findlay dovetailed nicely. First impressions of Findlay are very positive.

Thought Mcguane had another good run out. Can’t see him not starting next Saturday.

Thought JJ was quiet. Haven’t been overly impressed with him in the way others have in pre season but I would take the chance on him.

Murphy looked good.

Jerome hasn’t done enough for me. Was always worth a trial but I think it’s time to wish him well and let him find a different home.

Yanic played well for the short time he was on. Unsure if he’s up to match speed or not, looks bulky (maybe too bulky) but did a good job of getting beyond his man.

Great to see Gorrin back.

One player I’ve been disappointed with in pre season is Bodin.

Sounds like JJ and Murphy are done. Just need a LB for Derby.
Don't think we can read too much from yesterday's game as the players had a full training session on Friday
I suppose all part of building up fitness as opposed to sharpness

Thanks, Andy, for your assessment of the players, and especially thanks for this: "As an interesting point of note, the group sitting in front of me were Stuart Findlay's wife, sister and bro-in-law, lovely people, and they said he was absolutely delighted to be part of our club, that he was very impressed with the set up, and that one thing he had liked was that KR had had 3 or 4 meetings with the player before signing to get to know him, and that really helped". KR isn't perfect (who is), but it's no wonder that players always seem to go out of their way (well most of them!) to say what a good gaffer he is.
So that's why we lose players in protracted contract negotiations, on the 3rd or 4th meeting the player refuses to buy a round and is promptly ditched!!

As you say KR does have faults but player welfare and team bonding certainly isn't one of them. I remember a guy I met playing golf a few years ago and the subject inevitably got round to football, once he knew I was an Oxford fan, he told me he was in a MK hospital and he met KR in reception. KR was sat there waiting for one of his players to come round after going under the knife.

Don't think we can read too much from yesterday's game as the players had a full training session on Friday
I suppose all part of building up fitness as opposed to sharpness
Yeah, I think you are probably right.

I think the options we have going forward will mean for a lot of goals this season. It’s still a little bit at the back we need to sort.

Yeah, I think you are probably right.

I think the options we have going forward will mean for a lot of goals this season. It’s still a little bit at the back we need to sort.
The 1 (One) fit striker and 0 (Zero) right wingers we currently have, you mean?

As opposed to the two left backs and two right backs, and 3 (Three!) goalkeepers… 🤔🧐

There are lots of things that are factually accurate but completely irrelevant. And I stand by my comment that constantly bringing up fried chicken as a dig at Sinclair is embarrassing.
Nobody brought up Kemar Roofes clothing business, but then we didn’t have to because we talked about what he did on the pitch. I suggest we do the same for Sinclair

The 1 (One) fit striker and 0 (Zero) right wingers we currently have, you mean?

As opposed to the two left backs and two right backs, and 3 (Three!) goalkeepers… 🤔🧐
We most certainly don’t have two pushing for promotion left backs.

Personally I would prefer Brown to Seddon at left back- but he’s more of can do a fairly reliable job their than a specialist.

We most certainly don’t have two pushing for promotion left backs.

Personally I would prefer Brown to Seddon at left back- but he’s more of can do a fairly reliable job their than a specialist.
And Forde isn't a right back.

Back
Top Bottom