Away Match Day Thread +++ 08/12/2018 Peterborough Utd v OUFC +++

Great point against a top four team away. Shame it looks like we were wronged and should have had all three. As an away performance goes we deserved all three.

Considering the difference between us in league positions, the fact that they were ahead twice that’s a very good point. Win at home to Blackpool and it becomes an excellent one.

We are struggling to win games away, and we will need to change that at some point but it was unlikely to be today.

Home vs. Blackpool.....clear away win.

There CC, you don't have to post now, I've done it for you.

(Actually, we'll win.)

If what I’ve heard is true and Henry asked Robbo when he came of at the end for a new contract then I hope they sort him one out

He is our goal getter. What I like at the moment is we have a settled team and no new injuries. Hopefully we can get into January and get an elusive away win, before some new signings appear.

Happy with a point. I think KR is slowly building something here a few tweaks in January and the 2nd half of the season could be like Plymouths last season. COYY

For me, he was in line and linesmen are told to give the advantage to the attacking player. Which is the opposite to what happened. In the end justice was done and a draw was probably about right.

For me, he was in line and linesmen are told to give the advantage to the attacking player. Which is the opposite to what happened. In the end justice was done and a draw was probably about right.

Are they really told that or is it a media myth? I have seen nothing put out as official guidance (but could be wrong) to suggest the forward gets the advantage.

In watching a Sky sports news piece on ref/lino training, the only thing discussed was whether they were onside or offside, absolutely nothing about benefit of doubt/advantage to the attacking player. As there is no way they have that time to calculate that into a decision. It is simply a matter of what they see, ie. Are they in an offside or onside position when the relevant play takes place.

Back
Top Bottom