Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we though? McNally is no mug. Of course, we need more depth in defence, but we are in much better shape than we were at the start of last season! I’m sure people were doubting Atkinson, and look how that went 😅

I can see Beevers coming to us.
Personally I don't think mcnally is ready just yet but I could be wrong. I admit were in a much stronger position than what we were last season but we got to start getting points off the top 10

We need another centre half, having lately sold two to championship sides. One who’s now drawing attention from the premiership,
Millwall have signed Ballard and Cardiff have taken McGuinness.
both youngsters in division 1 alongside Atkinson last season.
All young and going in the right direction.
Don’t see the logic in signing someone a 31 and year older than last season going the other way. More than happy to have Mous around the squad with the experienced head.
Even Peterborough see it iby signing knight.
Just Barry Fry the wideboy trying to milk someone.

We need another centre half, having lately sold two to championship sides. One who’s now drawing attention from the premiership,
Don’t see the logic in signing someone a 31 and year older than last season going the other way. More than happy to have Mous around the squad with the experienced head.
I’m sorry but if you prefer Mousinho in your team over Beevers, you might end up regretting that. I love Jon, and believe he’s going to become a great manager for us one day, but while Jon was on the sidelines, Beevers captained a league one side to promotion. Beevers wouldn’t come in to be a mentor to the younger players, he’d come in to play - and play straight away!

He could have another 3/4 years left in him at this/championship level. If the price is right would be an excellent signing

I’m sorry but if you prefer Mousinho in your team over Beevers, you might end up regretting that. I love Jon, and believe he’s going to become a great manager for us one day, but while Jon was on the sidelines, Beevers captained a league one side to promotion. Beevers wouldn’t come in to be a mentor to the younger players, he’d come in to play - and play straight away!
And Dickie would of done the same the year before, if we hadn’t cocked up at Wembley.

I've already said that's what McNally's for. Mousinho is 35, working his way back from a season-ruining injury and is a player/coach. That's miles away from being a 31-year-old CB in a side who won automatic promotion last season. I can gather you like youth, and with our model we have plenty of it, but not every player can be a young saleable asset.

I love your idea of bringing in young players and developing them. I think right now we need a player in the back line that’s experienced, and generally been around the block, and been there and done it. Mous is that kind of player, but his legs are gone, and he’s great to have on the sidelines, and back up!

We need someone that can read the game. Someone that can lead the back line, and he’d be a great partner for Elliot Moore.
Maybe a Jake Wright equivalent in league 1

I've already said that's what McNally's for. Mousinho is 35, working his way back from a season-ruining injury and is a player/coach. That's miles away from being a 31-year-old CB in a side who won automatic promotion last season. I can gather you like youth, and with our model we have plenty of it, but not every player can be a young saleable asset.
This guys played too much CM 🤣

I agree with your comment about the ones who weren’t.
It was a lack of depth at centre half and fullback that was the issue, not their age.
I still don’t think we’ve addressed it, a versatile fullback who’s comfortable on the right/left like Tomlinson.
And another centre half, the lad from forest would be good.
Taylor Moore

always good to keep a old one on hand though
Edit
Tomlinson to Posh.

With 9 Premier League wins in 10 seasons for Oxford, plus 4 Champions League successes, I like to pretend I know what I'm talking about 😅
Just my opinion
Robinsons paid to make the decisions

In relation to Peterborough, they are shrewd operators, they may like Dan Agyei or might want 1st dibs on cameran brannigans release clause next summer.

In their pre-season match against Havant & Waterlooville, Portsmouth fielded a total of nine trialists, one of whom scored a second-half hat-trick. Eight of them were introduced at half time turning a 2-1 deficit into a 5-2 win. Remains to be seen whose recruitment model is best.

Last edited:
From not so long ago it looking like we'd struggle to get top 10 to suddenly looking like a promotion challenging team. Seddon and Holland are both cracking signings, and if Whyte does come then we're going to be monsters in attack. Get that LCB in and I'll be expecting a promotion challenge, not just hoping for one. Wigan, Ipswich, Wycombe, MK Dons etc all spending big. I'd say we're spending smart and I really like that about this window.

Wycombe spending big🤣

We’ve currently signed three senior players and three “B” Teamers (U21’s), all on frees as quoted by Dobbo at the Trust meeting on Thursday night.

Also confirmed on Thursday night is Vokes is not our highest earner, though could be with appearances and goals.

Wage budget is slightly less than last season in the Championship. Last seasons budget was a shade over 4 million according to Pete Couhig.

Best of luck for this season.

Wycombe spending big🤣

We’ve currently signed three senior players and three “B” Teamers (U21’s), all on frees as quoted by Dobbo at the Trust meeting on Thursday night.

Also confirmed on Thursday night is Vokes is not our highest earner, though could be with appearances and goals.

Wage budget is slightly less than last season in the Championship. Last seasons budget was a shade over 4 million according to Pete Couhig.

Best of luck for this season.
Here we go the little Wycombe can’t spend coz we can’t afford to what a load of s**t you may have signed free agents but they won’t be cheap vokes would be earning a fair whack so would kaikai now jog off until we beat you on the 11th sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom