Transfer News Transfer Window Summer 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mighty Wycombe who spent the whole season in the relegation spots.
Tinpot.
The funniest part is that they had the biggest season in there little history and none of the 10 fans could attend apart from the bloke that got chucked out at Swansea

Amidst this euphoria of signings I cannot be the only one who thinks that a Centre back a-left back and left back cover should have been our priority
It’s great having Holland, Williams and Bodin plus talk of Whyte but next week we go into a game without a really good centre back pairing and that’s what worries me
Sedona is a very good acquisition but like last season we only got going when the defence had bedded in
Some positions players can slot into easily but the defence needs to know each other’s game and be solid

Amidst this euphoria of signings I cannot be the only one who thinks that a Centre back a-left back and left back cover should have been our priority
It’s great having Holland, Williams and Bodin plus talk of Whyte but next week we go into a game without a really good centre back pairing and that’s what worries me
Sedona is a very good acquisition but like last season we only got going when the defence had bedded in
Some positions players can slot into easily but the defence needs to know each other’s game and be solid

The situation with Seddon was outside of our control. He was due to arrive before we went off to the Bournemouth training camp and would have had a full preseason with us. Equally, Luke McNally would have featured more had he not been isolating.

We're looking at bringing in an experienced centre back, and one who will have completed a full preseason at their clubs. So fitness and match sharpness shouldn't be an issue. Also the modern game means that players are very used to rotation and playing with different centre back pairings. It wouldn't be ideal, but if we saw the likes of Beevers or Boyle arrive then I'd be confident of them slotting straight in to the team for Cambridge.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I thinking was thinking the same, what are they getting out of any deal. My concern would be Elliot Moore.

The window expires at the end of August for a reason, deals take time. I think we are already ahead, numbers wise, of where Robinson said we’d be at this stage. If Whyte, as expected, and Beevers, or another centre back, arrive by Monday then we are virtually done a whole month ahead of schedule. I wouldn’t be panicking about left back cover, there’s a whole load of reshuffling we could do to cover it for a few games if it takes us to the deadline to get someone in.

So Robinson confirmed that he is going to shuffle today else wed see the Cambridge line up.

That therefore means Mous/ McNallyvwhen it kicks off....

I’d like to see Mous today because if his fitness is there, I’d start him next week over McNally. That’s a tough opening game and would be a baptism of fire. He may handle it perfectly but I’d rather see Mous on the team sheet to start with

Hmm. Not sure I'd go along with it being a particularly tough opening game.

Sure, Cambridge probably won't be mugs, few teams in this league are, but they're very much among the favourites to go down.

So Robinson confirmed that he is going to shuffle today else wed see the Cambridge line up.

That therefore means Mous/ McNallyvwhen it kicks off....

Nor that simply. When first setting out the preseason schedule then today would have been the dress rehearsal. But things change.

Hmm. Not sure I'd go along with it being a particularly tough opening game.

Sure, Cambridge probably won't be mugs, few teams in this league are, but they're very much among the favourites to go down.
I think until the table takes shape we’d all be foolish to put teams anywhere. There are always surprise packages and whilst odds may be against them, any away day to open the season with a bumper crowd is tough.

I think until the table takes shape we’d all be foolish to put teams anywhere. There are always surprise packages and whilst odds may be against them, any away day to open the season with a bumper crowd is tough.

I take your point but would still argue that there are at least 30 fixtures you'd look at and instantly consider tougher.

We can recruit for more than one position at a time, you know.

Mostly I think we are fine and have some real strength and some genuinely exciting prospects and combinations......but, as with last year, a couple of injuries in key positions (or even self isolations/positive tests) and we are looking pretty precarious.

I will feel far happier if we manage to navigate the first few weeks without the injuries we suffered last season and the squad strengthening required where we're looking light(which I have confidence will happen).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom