Transfer News Summer Transfer Window 23/24 Build up

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellowsForLife

Now we finally know we will be in League 1 next year, what type of players should Liam Manning and his team be looking at bringing in to push on next year?

Now we finally know we will be in League 1 next year, what type of players should Liam Manning and his team be looking at bringing in to push on next year?
I'm not sure how the recruitment structure at OUFC now works to be honest.

I guess Manning sits down with the head of recruitment and they discuss? It is possible Manning is more removed from the process than we think?

Couple of strikers is the main thing isn’t it? And full backs. Will be interesting to see the lineup next week, could give us an idea of his plans.

I'm not sure how the recruitment structure at OUFC now works to be honest.

I guess Manning sits down with the head of recruitment and they discuss? It is possible Manning is more removed from the process than we think?
I should think those discussions have already started for sure.

Easty has really confused things. Two months ago i'd have said we needed an overhaul in the GK dept with a new first choice keeper top priority but he's been pretty mustard during this run in.
I’m gonna leave the gk situation to the experts …

New gk should be top of the list along with 2 strikers, 2 wingers, 2 midfielders, lb and rb. Don't let the last 2 games disguise the past season.

The last 9 games (at least), Easty has been excellent. Beaten by a couple of absolute worldies, and goals where he has made initial good saves and would expect the defence to then clear.

He may have been vulnerable to shots from distance this season, but it's amazing how much better he looks now that he has a defence doing their job in front of him.

I wouldn't be against a better keeper, but Easty deserves as much credit as anyone for us staying up.

I wouldn't mind players like weir or Stockton from Morecambe... Hardie from Plymouth we need a strong holding midfielder LB RB I honestly just hope manning is alot more sensible and get straight on it unlike our last manager I can't wait to see what he can do

I'm actually excited to see what they do with the existing players too, in terms of improving them. Listening to Joseph's interview, that goal was directly related to work from the training ground. I think Findlay has looked much more composed under Manning and statistically speaking we do well with him in the team. Interesting to see if he stays. With so many players under contract, it might not be as simple as getting rid of a load of players and bringing a load in. There will need to be takers for those not wanted who are under contract.

A great striker who’s strong, pacy, can hold the ball up and play others in, and score goals. A League One Didier Drogba.

A battling but classy DCM who can anchor the midfield, make a pass and keep play ticking over. A League One Kalvin Phillips or Declan Rice.

A great striker who’s strong, pacy, can hold the ball up and play others in, and score goals. A League One Didier Drogba.

A battling but classy DCM who can anchor the midfield, make a pass and keep play ticking over. A League One Kalvin Phillips or Declan Rice.

Macaulay Langstaff from Notts county would be ideal.

New Goalkeeper
2 full backs
A robust centre half
Someone to replace Henry, because I think he will be gone.
2 strikers.

That’s just for starters.

The last 9 games (at least), Easty has been excellent. Beaten by a couple of absolute worldies, and goals where he has made initial good saves and would expect the defence to then clear.

He may have been vulnerable to shots from distance this season, but it's amazing how much better he looks now that he has a defence doing their job in front of him.

I wouldn't be against a better keeper, but Easty deserves as much credit as anyone for us staying up.

Eastwood certainly looks better now he’s got a properly organised and coached defence in front of him.

In fact you could say all the players look better now they are being properly organised and coached. Eastwood, Moore, Findlay Browne and Murphy have noticeably improved under Manning.

Eastwood certainly looks better now he’s got a properly organised and coached defence in front of him.

In fact you could say all the players look better now they are being properly organised and coached. Eastwood, Moore, Findlay Browne and Murphy have noticeably improved under Manning.

I would also add Long and Joseph to that list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom