General Tim Williams

Some did, but it looks like the club has made sure that barely any images are available from the night, and that those on display feature playing staff only.
Why do you think that is, because they are embarrassed at their own “performance” off the field, or other reasons?

We all know it’s been a disaster of a campaign and we are possibly lucky to have League One football again next season, but to me seeing photos of owners and people in key positions behind the scenes at an event like this would make me think at least they are genuinely interested and take the club and fans seriously. That would be a huge positive right now. The lack of photos of them makes me think the opposite, either they couldn’t be bothered to find the time to attend or are just uninterested, or both.

It may have gone unnoticed but it has been mentioned on a number of occasions about Faz being part of the recruitment team, and he certainly adds experience and an element of impartiality.
Indeed, I think many have both overlooked and undervalued the impact Faz can have. He was pretty much Michael Appleton's mentor.

I was talking to him at Forest Green and he is fully on board as an advisor to the manager, management team, and recruitment team. He always has been, but the difference now is that there is a manger who doesn't ignore him. The recruitment model will now be able to revert back to the model that was so successful for us before the manager decided he knew best, and dismantled it.

I think we'll all be happy with the kind of moves we make in the summer.

Indeed, I think many have both overlooked and undervalued the impact Faz can have. He was pretty much Michael Appleton's mentor.

I was talking to him at Forest Green and he is fully on board as an advisor to the manager, management team, and recruitment team. He always has been, but the difference now is that there is a manger who doesn't ignore him. The recruitment model will now be able to revert back to the model that was so successful for us before the manager decided he knew best, and dismantled it.

I think we'll all be happy with the kind of moves we make in the summer.
Bosh.

To be fair to Tim it took most people on here a few years to cotton on the KRs deficiencies.
Ryanio excluded
Not the Loungers, we were sceptical from day1.
Anyone who had read the Charlton forum comments and likewise those of MK Dons, would have been very much aware of his shortcomings.
Sadly, Tiger thought otherwise and fell under his spell. That 4 years later, the same BS still worked and both Ferguson and Williams had faith in him is nothing short of incompetence.

To be fair to Tim it took most people on here a few years to cotton on the KRs deficiencies.
Ryanio excluded
I for one was completely sold by him. In fact, I joined the forum after the play off semi final loss to Blackpool to defend him! 🤮. I enjoyed the football we played and he spoke like a fan which I found refreshing compared with the robotic crap we now endure these days since the FA eradicated freedom of speech and scripted the people dealing with all the pressure - I’ll debate that another time! And all this stayed good with me while we were performing at a level I was happy with - good football, scoring goals and competitive. As soon as the wheels came off, I paid closer attention to why that might be happening all of a sudden. The penny dropped for me a little later than it should have and it aaaaall makes sense now. Thank God he’s someone else’s problem now - suspect we’re not the only ones close to him that feel that way.

Last edited:
I for one was completely sold by him. In fact, I joined the forum after the play off semi final loss to Blackpool to defend him! 🤮. I enjoyed the football we played and he spoke like a fan which I found refreshing compared with the robotic crap we now endure these days since the FA eradicated freedom of speech and scripted the people dealing with all the pressure - I’ll debate that another time! And all this stayed good with me while we were performing at a level I was happy with - good football, scoring goals and competitive. As soon as the wheels came off, I paid closer attention to why that might be happening all of a sudden. The penny cropped for me a little later than it should have and it aaaaall makes sense now. Thank God he’s someone else’s problem now - suspect we’re not the only ones close to him that feel that way.
I never particularly liked KR. I hated all the '24/7' and 'passionate' rubbish. But I thought a lot of the football was very good. I got suspicious after the Blackpool trouncing when he did nothing to address areas of the team that were obviously lacking. The BBC podcast last summer was a turning point for me. I thought KR came across so badly. I was embarrassed he was our manager. Chaotic and full of endless bluster and bs. It's a small world, and I bet people have heard of his chaotic transfer dealings. And if the stories are true, his 'interesting' conduct with a member of staff will put a lot of people off. He'll probably blag his way into a L2 job in the next few months. And then he'll have a whole new set of supporters to irritate.

Not the Loungers, we were sceptical from day1.
Anyone who had read the Charlton forum comments and likewise those of MK Dons, would have been very much aware of his shortcomings.
Sadly, Tiger thought otherwise and fell under his spell. That 4 years later, the same BS still worked and both Ferguson and Williams had faith in him is nothing short of incompetence.
@Manorlounger
To be fair when we were playing good attacking football some of his other faults were glossed over a bit.I remember seriously doubting him after a run of really poor results culminating in that 2-1 home defeat to Swindon. He then got lucky and we scraped into the playoffs but that for me was the moment I thought, this bloke isn’t really any good tactically.
That was confirmed after missing out on the playoffs last season but I was in two minds after that a bit like the Clash should he stay or should he go.After the summer transfer window I‘d had enough.
To be fair to Ferguson and Williams they hadn’t been around for the previous two transfer windows and KR was running the whole club by then. Difficult for them because many of us were taken in by his bullshit and they had to give him a chance.In typical KR style he did turn things around slightly in October/November..
They should have got rid of him in December and brought in Mous then at least we would have been able to have sorted decent signings.
I think they knew the game was up but two wins v Ipswich and Fleetwood made them hold off but that almost cost us dearly.

I think most clubs have their awards before the last games of the season and they are arranged months in advance. Maybe it’s so players of the year winners can then be presented on the pitch before last home game depending on fixtures. From a quick Google search of a few teams now in a more perilous position than us, it looks like MK Dons and Reading both have theirs this Weds night. They may get cancelled I guess but if not imagine how supporters must feel a few days before such vital final weekends of the season.

I suppose it gives the clubs a final chance to thank sponsors etc… and players go on holiday quite often as soon as the season finishes and loanees go back etc…

For any team who have had a disastrous season, or been relegated etc… it does feel like a non event and some clubs must cancel them I’m sure.

Be interesting to know if any owners or board members attended ours last night.
I guess the players of the year can still be presented on the pitch at last home game, but the overall awards evening should be post season with these winners (POTY) getting their cups/medals then.

I believe players are contracted until June (end of I believe), so they should be available at least in May to do an awards evening!

This from an Ipswich fan.
Paragraph 3.
I can’t see Tim Williams getting on an away coach .

For me, the time in League One actually allowed Ipswich to get rid of a poor owner and get in a group that seem to care a lot more about the club.

I know a lot is said about the money spent, but it's the little things like making a memorial garden to remember those who have had their ashes spread across the pitch as an example. It doesn't feel like the club is seen just as an asset to be made money from, but a community that has been invested in for the good of everyone.

Mark Ashton, the CEO, is very popular for the way he's running the club, at Barnsley he got on the away coaches and thanked all the fans, McKenna has a group of players all pulling in the same direction. The atmosphere has changed, it's positive and now feels like the club is in a healthier position than when it was midtable in the Championship. I'd much rather watch this season's football than what we had 5 years ago and I think the attendances have shown that.

I never particularly liked KR. I hated all the '24/7' and 'passionate' rubbish. But I thought a lot of the football was very good. I got suspicious after the Blackpool trouncing when he did nothing to address areas of the team that were obviously lacking. The BBC podcast last summer was a turning point for me. I thought KR came across so badly. I was embarrassed he was our manager. Chaotic and full of endless bluster and bs. It's a small world, and I bet people have heard of his chaotic transfer dealings. And if the stories are true, his 'interesting' conduct with a member of staff will put a lot of people off. He'll probably blag his way into a L2 job in the next few months. And then he'll have a whole new set of supporters to irritate.
The bit where he said he believed in ghosts was a slight concern!

You weren’t alone. I think some people just put it to the back as we were winning games and entertaining. Then it all unravelled. I think he might get the Reading job.

May be he’ll end up at Swindon or Reading!!

The thing is, will he have truly learnt the error of his ways e.g. a bit like a Wilder did after leaving here, of which we had to suffer at the time!

The thing is, will he have truly learnt the error of his ways e.g. a bit like a Wilder did after leaving here, of which we had to suffer at the time!

Of course. Someone will be along shortly to explain that he's an exceptional managerial talent and humanitarian hero who momentarily stumbled off the path of righteousness for 4 years because of public-domain information that can't be discussed and preferably not referred to here.

Of course. Someone will be along shortly to explain that he's an exceptional managerial talent and humanitarian hero who momentarily stumbled off the path of righteousness for 4 years because of public-domain information that can't be discussed and preferably not referred to here.
Likely KR himself if the recent Sky schedule is anything to go by

One of two.

Back
Top Bottom