Ex Player Rob Dickie

People saying we should cash in Sykes and Brannagan but those 2 will currently be worth a million max each in the current climate is it not better to let them run their contracts down and keep them for another year?
Keeping those 2 could mean the difference between promotion or staying in league 1. We would earn more money by going up than if we sold either of them this summer.

People saying we should cash in Sykes and Brannagan but those 2 will currently be worth a million max each in the current climate is it not better to let them run their contracts down and keep them for another year?
Keeping those 2 could mean the difference between promotion or staying in league 1. We would earn more money by going up than if we sold either of them this summer.

The problem though is our club always has it's trousers pulled down when it comes to sales regardless of the climate.

Players are worth what other clubs are prepared to pay. A league 1 central defender will have a value.

Also, we already have Dickie's replacement in Rob Atkinson as I thought his style of play was along those lines based on the reports at the time. Albeit Rob Atkinson will be nearer Rob Dickie when we 1st signed him.

I would also expect Nico Jones to be more involved next season so we'd have Atkinson, Mous, Moore and Jones so wouldn't expect anybody to come in.

He is the best centre half below the Championship and probably better than a lot in the Championship. He is young and will develop even further. Any team wanting to buy him this summer will have to pay a decent fee with a little competition. Otherwise they may lose him, fighting out for his signature with MANY clubs next summer who will be looking to sign one of the best Out of Contract players available.

Also, we already have Dickie's replacement in Rob Atkinson as I thought his style of play was along those lines based on the reports at the time. Albeit Rob Atkinson will be nearer Rob Dickie when we 1st signed him.

I would also expect Nico Jones to be more involved next season so we'd have Atkinson, Mous, Moore and Jones so wouldn't expect anybody to come in.
Indeed, I'm hoping we might get to see more of Lopez, Spasov, Sole and Goodrham next season.

I see Brannagan only has one more season left so he may be tempted to move on. He’s been one of our most consistent players and would be a big loss. I’m heartened by the fact we have Joel Cooper on board and young players coming through.
We are a few players light. I expect Woodburn may go back and Rob Hall is not still fit yet.
Looks Like we need a new goalie, replacement for Dickie and a couple of strikers

I see Brannagan only has one more season left so he may be tempted to move on. He’s been one of our most consistent players and would be a big loss. I’m heartened by the fact we have Joel Cooper on board and young players coming through.
We are a few players light. I expect Woodburn may go back and Rob Hall is not still fit yet.
Looks Like we need a new goalie, replacement for Dickie and a couple of strikers

Yep, would expect Brannagan and Dickie to both be off. And good luck to them, they’ve already been great servants and deserve to player higher. I’d much prefer we sell and reinvest as part of the cycle rather than hold onto them for a year and then lose them for nowt.

Yep, would expect Brannagan and Dickie to both be off. And good luck to them, they’ve already been great servants and deserve to player higher. I’d much prefer we sell and reinvest as part of the cycle rather than hold onto them for a year and then lose them for nowt.

Yes. We can’t repeat the Nelson debacle.

And the rest.

New GK. Never been all that happy with how Eastwood doesn't control his six yard box, and very slow at distribution. (A good shot stopper though).

New RB. Long has been okay, but we need someone with a bit more attacking quality.

CB - Atkinson to replace Dickie?

2 New CM - to replace Brannagan when/if he goes and Thorne.

2 new wide midfielders/no 10s - to replace Browne & Woodburn.

New LW - to replace Holland. This is Cooper?

2 New ST - To replace Mackie & Taylor.

So with permanent and/or loans could be 2 upgrades, 1 possible replacement, and 6 to replace those who have already depated. Therefore, up to 9 new faces in total.

And the rest.

New GK. Never been all that happy with how Eastwood doesn't control his six yard box, and very slow at distribution. (A good shot stopper though).

New RB. Long has been okay, but we need someone with a bit more attacking quality.

CB - Atkinson to replace Dickie?

2 New CM - to replace Brannagan when/if he goes and Thorne.

2 new wide midfielders/no 10s - to replace Browne & Woodburn.

New LW - to replace Holland. This is Cooper?

2 New ST - To replace Mackie & Taylor.

So with permanent and/or loans could be 2 upgrades, 1 possible replacement, and 6 to replace those who have already depated. Therefore, up to 9 new faces in total.

Will the new CM to replace Thorne never play, like he didn't? Will he be made aware of this before signing?

Back
Top Bottom