Ex Player Rob Dickie

Coventry fan I know said to me today that he would love a player like Dickie in their team - think Dickie would easily fit into one of the promotion contenders in the championship though. He's got a bright future
I would be very surprised if he went to a Championship club. He is good enough to go straight to the Premiership. He might be used as a squad player initially , but he will make it at that level eventually. Burnley and Southampton have been mentioned, which both sound about right.

I would be very surprised if he went to a Championship club. He is good enough to go straight to the Premiership. He might be used as a squad player initially , but he will make it at that level eventually. Burnley and Southampton have been mentioned, which both sound about right.
I hope so. A PL club might actually be inclined to pay several million quid to get a deal done, despite his contract only having 11 months left. In terms of trying to get a proper fee that’s our best bet.

The money will largely go towards our losses I’d imagine but hopefully that means we’d be able to snap up some promising players for small fees
You could argue that it has kept the balance sheet afloat in pink rather than crimson a bit longer despite not knowing what was heading all our ways.

If we could get close to £3m for either RD or CB could we afford to keep the other and let them go for nothing next summer? Would increase our chances next year. Be a gamble but worth considering.

Im also slightly concerned that we dont know what next season is going to look like. Empty stadiums. Reduced incomes. More teams will be struggling financially. More teams headed towards administration. Are teams going to splash £3m on players unproven at championship/premiership level? I can see us losing them both for small fees.

Imo 2.5 mill plus is a good deal for us as long as the money is reinvested in the team. Not holding my breath on that front given lack of investment after the sales of Baptiste/Fosu.

It was more a lack of time rather than a lack of investment. The frustrating thing was losing them as late as we did and not getting replacements in, not the availability of funds.

• React
Reactions: Ian
It was more a lack of time rather than a lack of investment. The frustrating thing was losing them as late as we did and not getting replacements in, not the availability of funds.
Maybe so. We will see if they reinvest the Baptiste/Fosu money this summer then
With Dickies fee as well we could have quite a war chest.

I think getting about 4.5m for DickCam is the way to go if I'm honest. I saw plenty of things that I would like to improve following the three play off games and

1. A goalkeeper. This wont be cheap.

2. Full back positions. Over the years we have seen the likes of Baldock, Kenny and Cadden drive forward with purpose. I believe that these positions are so important in getting a team up the pitch quickly. This creates overload situations where your quality can carve out goal scoring opportunities. We haven't got players of the quality above at the moment - but we need to! We are going for the champ! Ps. Long and Ruffels have a part to play but I'm not sure they are good enough for the league above right now.

3. Aggression/strength or lack of . I think we are too passive. Every time the ball broke I fancied Wycombe.

4. A forward partner for Taylor (god I hope he stays) who compliments him.

5. To retain Taylor and Browne. Kelly too - he looks decent.

I think getting about 4.5m for DickCam is the way to go if I'm honest. I saw plenty of things that I would like to improve following the three play off games and

2. Full back positions. Over the years we have seen the likes of Baldock, Kenny and Cadden drive forward with purpose. I believe that these positions are so important in getting a team up the pitch quickly. This creates overload situations where your quality can carve out goal scoring opportunities. We haven't got players of the quality above at the moment - but we need to! We are going for the champ! Ps. Long and Ruffels have a part to play but I'm not sure they are good enough for the league above right now.

3. Aggression/strength or lack of . I think we are too passive. Every time the ball broke I fancied Wycombe.

With regard to point no. 3 I do agree that was the case but I think that was run of the ball and just not our night. It was so frustrating watching it but every ricoche and every bobble seemed to fall their way.

I did say last summer we needed to strengthen our fullbacks, but I got lambasted on here to dare to think of changing Ruffels & Long! Yeah, they’re good squad players, but if you want to progress you need good attacking fullbacks e.g. Baldock, Cadden etc. You also need good disciplined wingers who will cover if the bomb on too.

I did say last summer we needed to strengthen our fullbacks, but I got lambasted on here to dare to think of changing Ruffels & Long! Yeah, they’re good squad players, but if you want to progress you need good attacking fullbacks e.g. Baldock, Cadden etc. You also need good disciplined wingers who will cover if the bomb on too.
There's still a lot of pushback on that front.

I'm fine with Long and Ruffels, but if they get injured who do we play? Forde and Atkinson out of position? That's not good enough, and we need at least basic competition in all areas of the field.

Pretty sure Ruffs and Long won't want to hang around on our bench as understudies, given the season they have just had in the same league we'll be in next season...so make that 4 fullbacks to find!

If Dickie/Bran to end up being sold, I would hope that money will be reinvested and the profits made from FosBap will be used to cushion the inevitable increased losses next year.

On the bright side....at least we aren't looking at a more expensive stadium agreement with Kassam, as I think the current contract would impose had we been promoted! (I am saying this slightly tongue in cheek...just looking for any positives).

Let’s not forget we finished fourth with those fullbacks and looked like it would have been higher if the season went on...
That's fine! We just need extra options. We had 5 first team defenders on our books at the end of January. We've since gained Atkinson but will probably lose Dickie. I don't think it's unfair to want to add depth to that area of the squad.

That's fine! We just need extra options. We had 5 first team defenders on our books at the end of January. We've since gained Atkinson but will probably lose Dickie. I don't think it's unfair to want to add depth to that area of the squad.
i think Ruffels is fine but Long needs some competition - also strength in depth as you say

i think Ruffels is fine but Long needs some competition - also strength in depth as you say

Long is a good full back but we need one of our full backs to be pacey and get forward. This position is suited to right back for us as Henry doesn’t have much pace and so the overlapping will work well (as seen with Cadden). Ruffels being the opposite to a Cadden type full back should give us that bit more security at the back when we get counter attacked. Like when we had Skarz there.

Back
Top Bottom