General Rob Dickie & Elliott Moore

Well impressed with Eric, Dutch, Ned and the trio that is Long Brown Dickie.

but everyone played well IMHO

With games Saturday, Tuesday throughout February I assume Mous & Moore will alternate games. Normally like to keep same back 4, but I feel this time Moore needs more 90 minutes and Mous must be getting to an age where 1 game a week suits him.

At the start of the season, I was concerned that Moore looked quite gangly and lacked mobility, but he now looks a lot sharper and more athletic, which is a credit to the lad, and the training staff.

Very impressed with his progress

Elliot Moore looks an improved player with each game. I do think Rob Dickies lack a pace is often covered by the Mous as he reads the game so well and covers across.

At the start of the season, I was concerned that Moore looked quite gangly and lacked mobility, but he now looks a lot sharper and more athletic, which is a credit to the lad, and the training staff.

Very impressed with his progress
I think that he has looked pretty good generally.
He was excellent v West Ham which was early ish in the season

Elliot Moore looks an improved player with each game. I do think Rob Dickies lack a pace is often covered by the Mous as he reads the game so well and covers across.
Dickie's lack of pace is really over played in my view.
On Tuesday we played too high a line. To be fair Newcastle had very quick strikers.
Had Browne or Holland had a one on one against their CBs from the half way line there would have been one winner.
I remember Matt Elliott. He was sent off against Wycombe away when outpaced by their striker. He went on to play for Leicester who came top 7 in the PL equivalent.
Dickie has generally been excellent v West Ham, Man C and Newcastle.

Moore & Dickie have to play on the back of Tuesday - wouldn't mind seeing Mouse in for Gorrin who may need a rest, has been sloppy these past few weeks.

Moore & Dickie have to play on the back of Tuesday - wouldn't mind seeing Mouse in for Gorrin who may need a rest, has been sloppy these past few weeks.
Been sloppy? He was man of the match, against Newcastle at their place. Not sure I agree with that.

Been sloppy? He was man of the match, against Newcastle at their place. Not sure I agree with that.
tbf yes Newcastle he was back on it but poor against Gillingham, just think managing the squad will be vital, plenty of big games coming up.

tbf yes Newcastle he was back on it but poor against Gillingham, just think managing the squad will be vital, plenty of big games coming up.

Both Kelly and Thorne look most comfortable in Gorrin’s role in front of the back 4, so not sure he should be replaced with our only back up CB.

Dickie is the best Centre Back in League One, and will undoubtedly be playing at a higher level very shortly.

But to say he's not put a foot wrong in 4 games against PL opposition, when he was absolutely exposed for the second goal last night, is a bit much!

For all his technical ability, positional sense and aerial prowess......he's slow for a top level defender. So he cannot afford to be pressing up near the halfway line with a player like Joelinton on his shoulder - unless he's going to push up and catch him offside, he has to drop further back and give himself a chance.
I'll concede that it's possible his positioning was KR's decision and not Dickie himself.....only they will know.....but it was clearly wrong and led to a far-too-easy Newcastle goal.

KR'S decision I think, we do play a high line in defence, Mapp said he noticed that when they played us.

Dickie is the best Centre Back in League One, and will undoubtedly be playing at a higher level very shortly.

But to say he's not put a foot wrong in 4 games against PL opposition, when he was absolutely exposed for the second goal last night, is a bit much!

For all his technical ability, positional sense and aerial prowess......he's slow for a top level defender. So he cannot afford to be pressing up near the halfway line with a player like Joelinton on his shoulder - unless he's going to push up and catch him offside, he has to drop further back and give himself a chance.
I'll concede that it's possible his positioning was KR's decision and not Dickie himself.....only they will know.....but it was clearly wrong and led to a far-too-easy Newcastle goal.

Matt Elliot was slow, so it’s not necessarily the impediment to a centre backs career people have made it out to be.

Back
Top Bottom