General Radox 5 minute Forum

Its not even itk to say that championship clubs are watching our players. I'm not suggesting offers etc... That clubs and analysts are taking note. I've had two other bits of info this yer

-the fosu release
-that a league 1 club were close to signing Atkinson but didn't take a risk on something flagged in a medical

My initial post on recruitment is far more interesting than which club is watching which player... I thought anyway ?

th was what you said about Sykes.

I know at least one championship club watching him

so which championship club is it?

My argument is that @Shosho said he knew of one league club looking at Sykes only asked who?

Not sure this is a battle worth fighting Bazzer. He could say Cardiff, or Derby, or whoever, and it would make absolutely no difference. We would have no idea how accurate that was until the summer, and even then things can very easily change. Bottom line is that we have a number of players (and a manager) being looked at by other clubs. That's both an indication of how well we're doing, and maybe a worry about where we see ourselves next year.

Not sure this is a battle worth fighting Bazzer. He could say Cardiff, or Derby, or whoever, and it would make absolutely no difference. We would have no idea how accurate that was until the summer, and even then things can very easily change. Bottom line is that we have a number of players (and a manager) being looked at by other clubs. That's both an indication of how well we're doing, and maybe a worry about where we see ourselves next year.

Ahhhhhhhh thank you Scotch ☺

It's a big gamble keep risking that this conveyor belt keeps churning out future assets whilst constantly rebuilding summer after summer and risking events like just happened in January.
At some point you would think someone would have the gumption to think to build a team around them with the odd tinker here or there and actually have a go at it for 2-3 seasons instead of the feeder club mentality.
There isn't a team in League 1 who's squad looks remotely like it did 3 years ago. Contracts don't last forever (see Dunkley, Nelson) and offers come in from richer clubs. Without the conveyer belt you'll end up only being able to afford relegation wages.

In fairness, the questions were very open and therefore the answers were the same. Did anyone expect direct answers on what our targets are for the summer or what the final decision is on season tickets?
He makes Slippery look like sandpaper. My point is if he’s never going to give an answer, why have him on the forum? I’d rather hear more about the team.

Back
Top Bottom