General Radox 5 minute Forum

With O'Donnell, it may have been worth asking him if he fancied the move prior (like Brentford did via Baptistes agent).

Whatever way its dressed up, and for all the excuses it was a poor window.

Right back X
Striker X
Left back X
Taylor permie X
Sell best young prospect /
Sell joint top scorer /

O'Donnell decided not to move because his wife had just had a baby and he didn't want to relocate them away from her family.
Taylor on a permanent was never likely, he always said he was waiting until the end of the season before making a decision.

if things were happening in the background one would think that Niall,Zaki and Tiger would be aware so to state definite news around May was at best not well thought through.

We live in a world where everyone wants to know everything (Yesterday) whilst others are keen to be seen as knowing everything a long time before.

I used to know things a long time ago, but now I don't bloody can't remember more recent stuff as well. Like where I am and what day it is and what the fcuk am I doing.

Well this has come from somebody who probably is in the know but refuses to pass on confidential information.
To me what Colin says there is worth far more than some of the speculation on here.

Do you mean like secret squirrels?

download.jpeg

My take on it, is there seemed to be some momentum re: new land/stadium a few months back which led Niall etc to believe that a deal would be done before the end of the season. I vaguely remember that we heard this from other sources within the club e.g. Tiger & Zaki.

It now appears that timeframe has shifted for whatever reason, hence the moving of the goalposts. (Not literally unfortunately!)

Personally, I still believe that Tiger et al are continuing negotiations etc in confirming this land/stadium, but that the real money men won’t get fully involved (financially) until the i’s are dotted and the t’s crosses, hence the poorly managed transfer window in the latter stages and offloading assets to ensure Tiger can financially run the club without putting himself/club further in the red, especially if the whole project (finding land/building new stadium) doesn’t come to fruition.

The bit that is up in the air is, do we still want promotion this season? Based on recent communications by Zaki and Tiger e.g. about being sustainable/structurally sound would suggest we’re not ready for promotion, but hard to come clean with that when you want to still maximise your revenue on gate receipts until the end of the season at least!
Ah, "the real money men". There's the nub. Who are they and what do they want?

O'Donnell decided not to move because his wife had just had a baby and he didn't want to relocate them away from her family.
Taylor on a permanent was never likely, he always said he was waiting until the end of the season before making a decision.
I thought that according to those ITK on here, Taylor had bought a house, painted it yellow and blue, renamed it 'DunRoamin' - I love Oxford United' and simply couldn't wait to sign anything we put in front of him? Mind you if I were the club I'd be looking at how many games he manages to start between now and the end of the season before I offered him anything - so perhaps the hesitation is on the other side!

Whingit said:
There's a few options regarding NMcW. Was there actually genuinely supposed to be news? Was he told that there was going to be news (lied to?) Did he act alone and pluck the timescale out of thin air in an attempt to appease people, pissing off those above him? If the strategy of the board is to keep kicking the can down the road, there's only so long that it can go on for before even Scotchegg will lose faith.

Don't see why Niall would pluck a timescale out of thin air that would be very unprofessional

Could the delay with any stadium deal be related to the departure of the man with the money (and experience of such things) from the board?

Interesting to note that the charge is still active on Companies House (https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/00470509/charges) so while the Owners say it's been paid, it's still there. As this is not the first time this has been raised, one would hope the club would get on filing the paperwork
That's why I asked the question, Tiger was pretty emphatic that's we don't owe DE anything so it's strange it's still there.

That's why I asked the question, Tiger was pretty emphatic that's we don't owe DE anything so it's strange it's still there.
And that's why I checked it after the question. For many reasons, I'd have thought filing the paperwork from both ends would have been done the day the money was paid. I can understand Rad Ox not asking a more specific question, but I would suggest it's pertinent that they ask about the technicalities.

Part of me thinks someone at the club will read this and have heard the question and started the process to file the paperwork...

And that's why I checked it after the question. For many reasons, I'd have thought filing the paperwork from both ends would have been done the day the money was paid. I can understand Rad Ox not asking a more specific question, but I would suggest it's pertinent that they ask about the technicalities.

Part of me thinks someone at the club will read this and have heard the question and started the process to file the paperwork...
I listened to it again and have realised he did not answer the bit about the charge being removed. It's interesting that the finance guy has not been in again, he was obviously too honest. I think I learnt more form him about the running of the club that all the other fans forums put together.

I listened to it again and have realised he did not answer the bit about the charge being removed. It's interesting that the finance guy has not been in again, he was obviously too honest. I think I learnt more form him about the running of the club that all the other fans forums put together.
And I think he kind of waffled around it a bit - maybe Tiger doesn't know the details but it's not much of an excuse if it has been paid off. Just seems a bit silly leave it there - and I'd question if Barclays would want to have a charge over something if it hasn't been paid.

How many other league 1 clubs have a DoF, would be really interesting to know?

I don’t know that exactly! If you adopt a trading model it works on several things:

- the ability to have conveyor belt of talent coming in
- developing the talent and showing them there is a clear path and win win for the player and the club - he we the Sykes comment re: not holding back players
- Receiving a fair fee when players do move on. The DoF is crucial at the start and end of the process along with, ideally, having relationships/contacts in the game

@RyanioBirdio outlined in another post - but there are set ups that provide data analysis/scouting for 6k a month. Throw in 100k plus a year for a DoF and you can have a decent league 1 set up costing 150-200k a year.

Extrapolate this out and the fees we have receive in recent times Whyte (2m), Fosu (750k), Baptiste (2.25m) and a recruitment department and DoF looks a decent investment and is pretty easily covered whilst providing the club with a lucrative and sustainable future.

The immediate concerns will be around dickie and Brannagan, I know plenty are looking at Sykes and has been earmarked as having a breakout season for us next year - if he is still here...then Moore in 12 months will easily command a good fee with his passing ability and being left footed and left sided CB

I don’t know that exactly! If you adopt a trading model it works on several things:

- the ability to have conveyor belt of talent coming in
- developing the talent and showing them there is a clear path and win win for the player and the club - he we the Sykes comment re: not holding back players
- Receiving a fair fee when players do move on. The DoF is crucial at the start and end of the process along with, ideally, having relationships/contacts in the game

@RyanioBirdio outlined in another post - but there are set ups that provide data analysis/scouting for 6k a month. Throw in 100k plus a year for a DoF and you can have a decent league 1 set up costing 150-200k a year.

Extrapolate this out and the fees we have receive in recent times Whyte (2m), Fosu (750k), Baptiste (2.25m) and a recruitment department and DoF looks a decent investment and is pretty easily covered whilst providing the club with a lucrative and sustainable future.

The immediate concerns will be around dickie and Brannagan, I know plenty are looking at Sykes and has been earmarked as having a breakout season for us next year - if he is still here...then Moore in 12 months will easily command a good fee with his passing ability and being left footed and left sided CB
Why would Sykes not be with us next season? Highly promising but he hasn't fully proved himself as being too good for this level yet .

Why would Sykes not be with us next season? Highly promising but he hasn't fully proved himself as being too good for this level yet .

I know at least one championship club watching him. He is essentially in the same situation as Brannagan last year (without so many minutes). Has had a big upturn in form, is influencing matches in those he does play and is expected to have a break out next year

I know at least one championship club watching him. He is essentially in the same situation as Brannagan last year (without so many minutes). Has had a big upturn in form, is influencing matches in those he does play and is expected to have a break out next year

Care to elaborate?

It's a big gamble keep risking that this conveyor belt keeps churning out future assets whilst constantly rebuilding summer after summer and risking events like just happened in January.
At some point you would think someone would have the gumption to think to build a team around them with the odd tinker here or there and actually have a go at it for 2-3 seasons instead of the feeder club mentality.

Back
Top Bottom