General Radox 5 minute Forum

I think we’ll find the biggest question facing us over the next few weeks will be how many more matches we’ll actually get to watch live. I can’t see large collections of people being allowed to go into stadia once the “delay” factor for the virus has been implemented. And it won’t be long from now.
And, if/when this happens, the club will have absolutely no say in this. I can see a number of questions being posed, but the answer will be "we will follow the advice of the Government and public health England."

My concern is around the impact of match day revenue.

if (for example) 4 matches at home are behind closed doors, what’s the impact on the club financially?

pretty simple maths but easy to see us missing out on 200-400k depending on the Covid-19 decision

Clubs at this level will surely postpone before they go behind closed doors. The fixtures currently scheduled for March 14, 21 and 28 could all go back to March 31, April 21 and April 28 respectively and not require the season to be extended. Would the better idea not be to postpone them until those dates for now, and then only play them behind closed doors if by the time they roll around things haven’t improved enough? Surely in the circumstances that’s some sort of middle ground which buys time, but ultimately still puts public safety first?

Clubs at this level will surely postpone before they go behind closed doors. The fixtures currently scheduled for March 14, 21 and 28 could all go back to March 31, April 21 and April 28 respectively and not require the season to be extended. Would the better idea not be to postpone them until those dates for now, and then only play them behind closed doors if by the time they roll around things haven’t improved enough? Surely in the circumstances that’s some sort of middle ground which buys time, but ultimately still puts public safety first?
it'd give Stadco/ Ka$$am a bit more time to get some plumbers and industrial cleaners in to bring facilities as the Breeze Block up to basic standards

Arent heating engineers capable of carrying out plumbing etc, esp' involving hot water.... just a thought, couldnt some current banning orders be removed as a sort of amnesty... in return for doing the necessary upgrades in the Breeze Block facilities? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :sneaky:

Extend the season for a couple of weeks and move the play off finals as part of that.

Extend the season for a couple of weeks and move the play off finals as part of that.
I would assume that is pretty difficult?
There must be loads of operational issues involved in this.
Equally an issue is that the lock down for Coronavirus might be far more than 2 weeks.
More likely in my view would be behind closed door games and trying to finish the season on time but let's see.

Equally an issue is that the lock down for Coronavirus might be far more than 2 weeks.
More likely in my view would be behind closed door games and trying to finish the season on time but let's see.

I reckon anything around this will be unprecedented anyway so operationally they could make it work, it is just a mid season break and a shorter pre-season or delayed start to next season. Whether the authorities (football etc) would make it work is another matter. Also, the 2 weeks was really illustrative and it could be longer.

I think that’s right. Behind closed doors matches is the likeliest scenario.

I favour the idea of live streaming for all affected matches. Shouldn’t be toooo difficult, should it?

ST Holders get it free,
The rest purchase the streaming service and get the match for an ‘average’ match day fee

that way the club still gets some revenue

I favour the idea of live streaming for all affected matches. Shouldn’t be toooo difficult, should it?

ST Holders get it free,
The rest purchase the streaming service and get the match for an ‘average’ match day fee

that way the club still gets some revenue
I more or less suggested this on another thread.

Would be good to get Dan Harris on or even Les Taylor. Talk about the youth set up and development programs. That at least would be informative.
They should get you on
From your posts you seem to know more about what's happening or alledgedly happening than the Board or manager.

FIVE MINUTE FANS FORUM: Hear Oxford United chairman Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth answering your questions on @BBCOxford at 6.15pm on Tuesday. What’s your question for Tiger? #oufc

Firstly thanks to Tiger for doing this at a difficult time but a great opportunity nonetheless to communicate with us :

Can we retain KR , Faz and Chris Short ? Is Faz calling it a day ?

View on the proposed salary cap for L1 which could be disastrous.

IF we sell top talent will the majority of the funds be reinvested in the squad ?

When can we expect to hear about stadium developments ?

Retained list news ?

Kit release date ?

What’s happening have I missed it or missed a reason why it’s not on

Just been on. 3 signings possible in next week or so if no hitches. One could be record earner for club. All permenant. Assume that could be Taylor.

What’s happening have I missed it or missed a reason why it’s not on
Looking at 2-3 permanent signings. One will be our highest earner.
No movement on the stadium situation .
Karl staying as he has a long contract.
He believes we can sustain championship football.
Doesn’t like the salary cap as the difference between league 1 and championship would be too big.

No progress on stadium.

Singa no longer main sponsor, but new sponsor in place.

Tiger against £2.5m wage cap as too big a leap to Championship which would mean increasing by 4-5x to compete.

Back
Top Bottom