General Radox 5 minute Forum

Care to elaborate?

What on? Beyond Dickie and Brannagan, Moore and Sykes will be our next assets. Clever clubs can spot those who are about to break out - Sykes is one of those. They either let him have a Brannagan like season and pay a more, or get in in the summer before his performances command more. Not saying Sykes is off, I just know he is being watched

It's a big gamble keep risking that this conveyor belt keeps churning out future assets whilst constantly rebuilding summer after summer and risking events like just happened in January.
At some point you would think someone would have the gumption to think to build a team around them with the odd tinker here or there and actually have a go at it for 2-3 seasons instead of the feeder club mentality.

What do you suggest? Players seem to only be prepared to sign contracts for up to 3 seasons and to build a team as you suggest would surely take longer.

Last edited:
What on? Beyond Dickie and Brannagan, Moore and Sykes will be our next assets. Clever clubs can spot those who are about to break out - Sykes is one of those. They either let him have a Brannagan like season and pay a more, or get in in the summer before his performances command more. Not saying Sykes is off, I just know he is being watched
You said you know of one club watching Sykes, who?

What do you suggest? Players seem to only be prepared to sign contracts for up to 3 seasons and to build a team as you suggest would surely take longer.

kind of helps if you are not looking at every players future value, don't keep telling players that their free to go the moment an offer pops in..What's wrong with selling the ambition of the club and 'actually" seeing it through.
if we have future stars sorry i meant assets then begin building with them, let's begin with the current players instead of shitting yourself that if you turn down an offer they might get injured build a squad around them..Are the likes of Browne,Holland etc really obtainable because if not as much as it's good watching them there is no point to this continued topping up with loan players to the benefit of other clubs.
Players want to play higher but what's wrong with doing so with us? we go through the same process summer after summer seeking to build the squad early but it never happens so we constantly are playing catch up.
i've said it many times it's constantly breaking up the squad summer after summer that contributed to 2 seasons fighting off relegation and yet when we are heading in the right direction we do it again only this time in January as well.

You say players only want to sign for 3 seasons and it would take longer to build a team but what if we kept the nucleous of our current squad with the odd tinker for 3 seasons or is that too simple.

kind of helps if you are not looking at every players future value, don't keep telling players that their free to go the moment an offer pops in..What's wrong with selling the ambition of the club and 'actually" seeing it through.
if we have future stars sorry i meant assets then begin building with them, let's begin with the current players instead of shitting yourself that if you turn down an offer they might get injured build a squad around them..Are the likes of Browne,Holland etc really obtainable because if not as much as it's good watching them there is no point to this continued topping up with loan players to the benefit of other clubs.
Players want to play higher but what's wrong with doing so with us? we go through the same process summer after summer seeking to build the squad early but it never happens so we constantly are playing catch up.
i've said it many times it's constantly breaking up the squad summer after summer that contributed to 2 seasons fighting off relegation and yet when we are heading in the right direction we do it again only this time in January as well.

You say players only want to sign for 3 seasons and it would take longer to build a team but what if we kept the nucleous of our current squad with the odd tinker for 3 seasons or is that too simple.

I think that is slightly wishful thinking. Which members of our current squad could we keep for 3 seasons to form the nucleus?

So obviously you don’t know

You're right Baz, I thought it would just be hilarious to make something up. Considering I first put on here about the fosu rekease clause in mid December I clearly just say it to wind you up

You're right Baz, I thought it would just be hilarious to make something up. Considering I first put on here about the fosu rekease clause in mid December I clearly just say it to wind you up
Well why the hell did you say you know of at least one championship club interested, if so let everyone know, all these so called ITK’s. So please do tell or are you worried about the responses?

Well why the hell did you say you know of at least one championship club interested, if so let everyone know, all these so called ITK’s. So please do tell or are you worried about the responses?

My initial point, that has now been lost is around recruitment and keeping talent coming into the club. I offered rationale behind stating Sykes and Moore are the next two assets behind Brannagan and Dickie.

I don't think it's an itk statement that championship clubs watch us - do you think sykes can play as he did vs Newcastle and West ham and for clubs not to take note?

My initial point, that has now been lost is around recruitment and keeping talent coming into the club. I offered rationale behind stating Sykes and Moore are the next two assets behind Brannagan and Dickie.

I don't think it's an itk statement that championship clubs watch us - do you think sykes can play as he did vs Newcastle and West ham and for clubs not to take note?
It's hard work a?

We've had a large number of scouts watching us at various games since early on on the season. Baptiste and Fosu were obviously seen, but also Brannagan, Dickie, Sykes, Gorrin and Moore. I also think Sam Long has been watched, particularly as he is currently out of contract in the summer.

Our football, results, and reputation for bringing players through, does not go unnoticed. Arguably the fact that we are open to deals and allow players to talk to other clubs also helps.

Against Newcastle, Sykes was amazing and I had loads of people from work tell me that he looked like a PL player in the making. So if they can see something in him, it's not surprising that professional scouts aren't also picking up on this potential.

I know I get my fair share of shite for being ITK (or not!) but @Shosho has shared legitimate information in the past and I've no doubt on the accuracy of what is being said (with or without the club being named).

We've had a large number of scouts watching us at various games since early on on the season. Baptiste and Fosu were obviously seen, but also Brannagan, Dickie, Sykes, Gorrin and Moore. I also think Sam Long has been watched, particularly as he is currently out of contract in the summer.

Our football, results, and reputation for bringing players through, does not go unnoticed. Arguably the fact that we are open to deals and allow players to talk to other clubs also helps.

Against Newcastle, Sykes was amazing and I had loads of people from work tell me that he looked like a PL player in the making. So if they can see something in him, it's not surprising that professional scouts aren't also picking up on this potential.

I know I get my fair share of shite for being ITK (or not!) but @Shosho has shared legitimate information in the past and I've no doubt on the accuracy of what is being said (with or without the club being named).

Its not even itk to say that championship clubs are watching our players. I'm not suggesting offers etc... That clubs and analysts are taking note. I've had two other bits of info this yer

-the fosu release
-that a league 1 club were close to signing Atkinson but didn't take a risk on something flagged in a medical

My initial post on recruitment is far more interesting than which club is watching which player... I thought anyway ?

i think we are all aware that championship clubs are looking at our players as you say it would be relational that clubs in the championship and I won’t dispute that with you, but your comment was you know of at least one championship club looking at Sykes all I’ve asked which one.

Back
Top Bottom