General Radox 5 minute Forum

Just listened to NMcW's Fans Forum. Can't say I am any the wiser about virtually anything. It was indeed a waste of time.

I know they schedule the guest, but surely that is changeable? If NMcW has nothing much to say, then I'd rather hear Robinson give us a bit of news about Napa, his thoughts on Saturday's match etc.

I think it's also down to some of the questions being asked, and whether these are filtered or not. The questions are often the same regardless of who is on. Tiger should have the bigger strategic questions. Robinson, players and games. And NmW should be asked about the day to day running of the club.

With us still very much in the mix for promotion, season ticket questions were always impossible to answer. A better question may have been "with promotion a real possibility, will the club show loyalty to season ticket holders by freezing the prices of those looking to renew?" Or with sponsors, "after a successful cup campaign and hopefully promotion, are we looking to improve our sponsorship deals, and could that include our kit deals?"

When the questions are woolly, it's easy for the answers to become the same.

But specific questions are not answered either and never have been. Now it may well be that he isn't ALLOWED to answer in specifics - but the result is the same. It comes over very much as waffle and avoiding the questions, whether they are a bit woolly or very specific. Mind you at least he didn't go on about his five pillars or whatever this time, so let's look on the bright side. :)

I think it's also down to some of the questions being asked, and whether these are filtered or not. The questions are often the same regardless of who is on. Tiger should have the bigger strategic questions. Robinson, players and games. And NmW should be asked about the day to day running of the club.

With us still very much in the mix for promotion, season ticket questions were always impossible to answer. A better question may have been "with promotion a real possibility, will the club show loyalty to season ticket holders by freezing the prices of those looking to renew?" Or with sponsors, "after a successful cup campaign and hopefully promotion, are we looking to improve our sponsorship deals, and could that include our kit deals?"

When the questions are woolly, it's easy for the answers to become the same.

they were filtered yesterday, filtered &/or combined for certain- I sent one in, worded (imo) directly & not woolly, re Covid19/ OUFC/Stado & their (Ka$$ams) long term avoidance of complying with enviromental health standards, never mind compliance with standards issued by EFL / OUFC policies to combat Covid 19- yes Jerome did say there were lots of questions on the subject, before asking a very general (and woolly in terms of wording), short Q on the subject ( East Stand facilities were specifically mentioned in the Q asked- we all know its every set of facilities on the ground floor areas that are sub standard)- which got a response to the effect of 'we (OUFC) are in discussions with Stadco about that (Covid 19 standards apparently?):oops:

Which was more or less an identical response as one from N MW earlier this season, or even last season to a 5 min FF question about what the club was doing about the state of and lack of facilities at the Breeze block .... and the same response almost word for word was given- yet nothing has improved since then :rolleyes:

A case of dont hold your breath on any improvements soon (it will coat Ka$$am money) , but do hold your breath , and wear disposposable gloves if you are caught short and have to use the 'facilities' at home games during the Covid 19 situation, and beyond?o_O

But specific questions are not answered either and never have been. Now it may well be that he isn't ALLOWED to answer in specifics - but the result is the same. It comes over very much as waffle and avoiding the questions, whether they are a bit woolly or very specific. Mind you at least he didn't go on about his five pillars or whatever this time, so let's look on the bright side. :)
Zaki, Tiger and KR seen.to be more straight talkers .
When NMcW does say something (there will definitely be communication on the Stadium by the end of the season (that seems to then be changed)

Last edited:
Glad my question got picked re. early summer business. With Niall's answer about targets already being identified etc there can be no excuses now if a decent amount of our business isn't done early.

Glad my question got picked re. early summer business. With Niall's answer about targets already being identified etc there can be no excuses now if a decent amount of our business isn't done early.
It really isnt about excuses.
Players have to want to sign up early (many want to wait until all of their offers come in) and clubs need to be prepared to sell.
So the club are doing the right thing but it doesn't bt any means mean that players will come in early

I suspect that there isn't a professional club in the country that doesn't keep a rolling list of 'possibles'. There is a long way between that and them actually signing though - especially as the more 'in demand' players will play clubs off against each other to get the best deal, and this inevitably prolongs things.

I suspect that there isn't a professional club in the country that doesn't keep a rolling list of 'possibles'. There is a long way between that and them actually signing though - especially as the more 'in demand' players will play clubs off against each other to get the best deal, and this inevitably prolongs things.
Which lines their Agents pockets too

In fairness, the questions were very open and therefore the answers were the same. Did anyone expect direct answers on what our targets are for the summer or what the final decision is on season tickets?

It would be great to get the Matchday Operations Manager on to get his thoughts. We rarely hear from him.

It would be great to get the Matchday Operations Manager on to get his thoughts. We rarely hear from him.
I agree. I think that there are a few that would add more to the format (Dan Harris as mentioned, recruitment, marketing etc) and it was discussed a while back about holding a meeting about fan engagement that we've heard little of since.

The format is good, I just think that there is only so much that we'll hear from NmW, especially after Zaki and Tiger had given a "wait and see" message to most of the big issues.

Last edited:
I think we’ll find the biggest question facing us over the next few weeks will be how many more matches we’ll actually get to watch live. I can’t see large collections of people being allowed to go into stadia once the “delay” factor for the virus has been implemented. And it won’t be long from now.

I think we’ll find the biggest question facing us over the next few weeks will be how many more matches we’ll actually get to watch live. I can’t see large collections of people being allowed to go into stadia once the “delay” factor for the virus has been implemented. And it won’t be long from now.

True supporters would go and buy a full hazmat suits.

download (2).jpeg

They are also handy for entering East stand toilets ?? but if yours has no opening for vacating your waste then be prepared and wear an adult nappy ?

Back
Top Bottom