Pre-season v Leeds United

1,200 Leeds fans at FGR Tuesday,would expect more at Oxford as the season gets nearer.

• React
Reactions: TVW
Hopefully Leeds will play their first team for this then we can get a jist of where we are as a squad. KR has got a good team together thus far and I think we can give Leeds a good competitive game.

I heard that they has sold all of their tickets. Not sure how true that is but great support.

Suggestion was that they were only allocated 1000 which seems a bit short sighted if true

• React
Reactions: TVW
Am I missing something here, Why does the main site say the Leeds game is away on Saturday

I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable evening, but doubt the atmosphere will be anywhere near decent unfortunately. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of atmosphere, I enjoyed watching the England team at your place. If you would kindly ban that useless f*****g band next time, it would be even better.

Would never be allowed out of South Yorkshire for a Leeds game.

Have a peek at some League & Cup numbers.....
1989 - Attendance 7928.
1990 - Attendance 8379.
1994 - Attendance 11029 (FA Cup R4)
Last time at Elland Road....... 13798.

They aren`t massive by any stretch of the imagination.

Although the 5-2 at the Manor in `84 is in my Top Ten OUFC games by some way. :)
I understand LUFC have sold out their away allocation of 1000+. With many many more in home stand. IMO a big club my friends, a big big club.

I'm sure it'll be an enjoyable evening, but doubt the atmosphere will be anywhere near decent unfortunately. Still, I'm looking forward to it.

Speaking of atmosphere, I enjoyed watching the England team at your place. If you would kindly ban that useless f*****g band next time, it would be even better.

Good to know. How many do you reckon you’ll bring? Palace brought over 900 - fair dos!

Also, be ready for a heck of a reception for a certain Mr. Roofe.

I suspect around 1200 which isn't bad for a Tuesday pre-season and also I believe we may have most of the hospitality too.

Would have been triple that if it had been on a Saturday with the Kassam being a new ground for Leeds fans. First time we have played you here.

On a more serious note I was sad to hear of the passing of Paul Madeley yesterday. A giant of football back in the day and a true Leeds legend. I understand the Leeds players will be wearing black arm bands tonight as a mark of respect and rightly so.

I understand LUFC have sold out their away allocation of 1000+. With many many more in home stand. IMO a big club my friends, a big big club.

Nope. Large.
No bigger than the Sheffield clubs or several others.
Repeating a word doesn`t change its meaning.
Most of their travelling support will be exiles same as any other large team.

Big team Leeds. Struggling though to get back to where they think they belong.

Seems to be quite a few ‘big’ teams with similar problems!!

Back
Top Bottom