Pre-season v Leeds United

Great first half. Shape and sharp passing. Second half different story. Leeds came out with a spring in their step and pace. We lost our shape and looked dodgy at the back until Curtis came on. Fair result overall. Obika looked a new man out there. Rob Hall was class

I’m not sure who the bloke in the number 20 shirt is but he’s not the 2017/18 Jon Obika. Pressing, creating chances, winning headers! Headers! I was very critical of him last season, but he’s visibly leaner and seems much fitter. Credit to him.

Seemed vulnerable down our right. Chances created and goals scored working down that side.

Hall terrorised them in the first half. Hope he’s okay because he got bashed about quite a lot. Looked very sharp.

I love the fact that we have a player who has scored 8 goals in pre season, often against credible opposition and we all seem to refuse to believe that he’s anything but a bag of sh*t! Granted, his in-season abilities have been witnessed but - without getting too excited - we could surely give him a break!

I think pretty much all the fans (that I witnessed) in Ireland got right behind him and gave him their support. The forum can get a bit toxic but, that’s just the way it is. I wasn’t the most complimentary of him last season but he seems to have moved on, so happy he is with us as it stands.

Obika looking to have cut weight in summer. Looks a kilo or two lighter but half a year quicker.

I think pretty much all the fans (that I witnessed) in Ireland got right behind him and gave him their support. The forum can get a bit toxic but, that’s just the way it is. I wasn’t the most complimentary of him last season but he seems to have moved on, so happy he is with us as it stands.

Luckily this forum isn’t the opinion of the majority fan base.
Obika will score goals IMO if he has the right players around him.

Imagine how good the Bus would of been with better players around him ?

Luckily this forum isn’t the opinion of the majority fan base.
Obika will score goals IMO if he has the right players around him.

Imagine how good the Bus would of been with better players around him ?

I remember the pre-season game vs Panionis when the Bus looked a fantastic signing. I think that player went to another club and we got an imposter instead.

Tyler Roberts has certainly spent some time in the gym.
We did very well to survive the 2nd half onslaught. Leeds players must've had they're B*****s twisted by the manager at half-time to wake them up.

Got to admire their fans, never stopped singing all night even when they were getting stuffed. Our fans sang er, actually they didn’t ?

Got to admire their fans, never stopped singing all night even when they were getting stuffed. Our fans sang er, actually they didn’t ?

1,300+ for a pre-season friendly on a Tuesday night is very impressive. Especially when you consider the distance between cities. Fair play to them. (y)

Everyone around me seemed in good spirits, chatting and sounding generally positive. The pitch looks much wider, I suspect KR will be told off on a regular basis next season.

Spoke with a couple of Leeds fans on the way out and they were very impressed and felt we'd be in contention this season. Bizarre that they can say that after 90 minutes yet some of our 'fans' seem to think we are no better than last season?!

Big thanks to OUFC for the hospitallity they showed us tonight and love to come back another day for a proper match in the cup at some stage. Oxford looked fairly decent and I think you might have a good season. I do rate KR so you have a good manger.............MOT

I remember the pre-season game vs Panionis when the Bus looked a fantastic signing. I think that player went to another club and we got an imposter instead.
also remember Shotton laying into the limo for the over zealous Greeks kicking f**k out Of our players.

Leeds fans = passion

Our fan's on the whole don't show much passion apart from a hardcore, having no songs does not help either!

1,300+ for a pre-season friendly on a Tuesday night is very impressive. Especially when you consider the distance between cities. Fair play to them. (y)

Everyone around me seemed in good spirits, chatting and sounding generally positive. The pitch looks much wider, I suspect KR will be told off on a regular basis next season.

Yes but if you lived in a bleak hovel of a city in the grim op narth then you’d want to get out whenever you could too. Especially to the beautiful city of Oxford ;-)
They probably popped over to university park after the game and had a quick cup of tea and a picnic.

if anyone is tuned in to rad ox...theres a female wittering on.... so it appears everyone is being cheated tonight:eek:

actually it seems the thicky twins are commentating! ...apparantly OUFC are kicking from 'left to right' ffs ... rad ox really should give these people a bit of training before imposing them on us!
sexist Sarge, sexist. the PC mob will be after you Sir.

Back
Top Bottom