Pre-season v Leeds United

sexist Sarge, sexist. the PC mob will be after you Sir.

Radox coverage pre and post match really wasnt all that and thats allowing for a few technical blips they had last night....that 'person' (with the uninterested voice) broadcast an interview with someone from (radio?) Leeds re Leeds new non English speaking, Argentinian(?) head coach and how he communicates with his players, during radox pre match 'build up'.... and post match hosted interview with a Leeds player!!!... and also seemed more intent on announcing ...and reading out ... Leeds fans tweets and texts ... granted BBC claim to broadcast in a balanced manner, but its football, so, didnt anyone tell that person she was working for radio OXFORD ..... that persons co commentator as part of the actual match commentary proclaimed OUFC were kicking from right to left first half ( and left to right second half) .... towards the fence end/ towards the east stand respectively makes much more sense IMO...... suppose as its pre season BBC (Oxford) were giving squad presenters a run out, and the first team of Jerome n co will be back friday or when the season starts ? :cool: ....... did some one say that person's name is Robyn? ... havent we got a song about bobbin' robins?:eek:

edit- beat me to it (shooting robins) by a split second @Jack Midson :sneaky:

Last edited:
Not got the time to read through previous comments, so likely this has already been covered, but really need to vent...

Norman, even if your instructions are to mark their striker instead of their left winger, surely you’v got to be aware that their 47 is constantly unmarked there on the wing, and constantly beating you for pace, and you need to talk to your fellow defenders to fix this issue?! Shocking second half performance by our new RB if you ask me.

On the other hand, VERY impressed with Obika, stronger than last term, more comfortable holding the ball up and finding the right pass, and once again finding the back of the net. On current form, I’d start him.

Sarge i
Radox coverage pre and post match really wasnt all that and thats allowing for a few technical blips they had last night....that 'person' (with the uninterested voice) broadcast an interview with someone from (radio?) Leeds re Leeds new non English speaking, Argentinian(?) head coach and how he communicates with his players, during radox pre match 'build up'.... and post match hosted interview with a Leeds player!!!... and also seemed more intent on announcing ...and reading out ... Leeds fans tweets and texts ... granted BBC claim to broadcast in a balanced manner, but its football, so, didnt anyone tell that person she was working for radio OXFORD ..... that persons co commentator as part of the actual match commentary proclaimed OUFC were kicking from right to left first half ( and left to right second half) .... towards the fence end/ towards the east stand respectively makes much more sense IMO...... suppose as its pre season BBC (Oxford) were giving squad presenters a run out, and the first team of Jerome n co will be back friday or when the season starts ? :cool: ....... did some one say that person's name is Robyn? ... havent we got a song about bobbin' robins?:eek:

edit- beat me to it (shooting robins) by a split second @Jack Midson :sneaky:
I do agree, last night RadOx had a bit of a nightmare,
Why were Radio Oxford interviewing a Leeds player post match?

Why was there no post match interview with Robbo?

The whole show was poor last night to say the least.
I agree Sir. I understand it was down to technical issues. IMO the production is normally excellent. I feel lucky that have Radio Ox.

I felt that Norman had a decent first-half. Second-half he got done for pace and position a fair few times. He was not terrible, but it was concerning.
As for Hall, he gave a half of bright, aggressive forward play that I am looking forward to seeing a lot more of.
Obika? I don’t hold with this ‘he’s the striker we’ve been waiting for’ shite, we need another, better striker. How long before he is outjumped, outtackled out thought and totally bossed by every central defender in league 1? We cannot go into this season with him leading the line, no matter how well he plays pre-season.
‘Come on ya little tiger, no need to get up tighter!’?

Radio Oxford make the license fee worth it with their OUFC coverage alone.

agreed @Whingit ....... their (Rad Ox) OUFC matchday coverage is usually excellent, pre match build up, match commentary and post match overview, including interaction with OUFC supporters, ( yes, some of which can be amusing , some unfathomable, all of which contribute to the appeal of Rad Ox coverage of OUFC).... which is why last nights coverage, technical blips aside, was disappointing, to say the least, and fell well below the 'usual' high standards that we have come to expect. :confused:

Give me a "bleak hovel" where people are real, people are friendly, people have passion for their team and city any day!!

I agree although a nice city where people are real, friendly and have passion for their team is better ;-)

Leeds fans = passion

Our fan's on the whole don't show much passion apart from a hardcore, having no songs does not help either!
We have loads of songs. You have some weird fetish for posting on YF about how few songs we have, when it simply isn't true. Leeds sang a variety yesterday, and we could comfortably have sung the same amount quantity of songs and more, and we regularly do every (competitive) game.

Yes but if you lived in a bleak hovel of a city in the grim op narth then you’d want to get out whenever you could too. Especially to the beautiful city of Oxford ;-)
They probably popped over to university park after the game and had a quick cup of tea and a picnic.

Give me a "bleak hovel" where people are real, people are friendly, people have passion for their team and city any day!!

I suspect you’ve been wooshed. But just in case, I agree. Great city, great people, great music scene. And I’m from Lancashire!

I suspect you’ve been wooshed. But just in case, I agree. Great city, great people, great music scene. And I’m from Lancashire!

Great music scene in Leeds? Since when my friend? Kaiser Chiefs really an average band to say the least, then you’ve got er, Marc Almond and.... no that’s it for me ?

Enjoyed last night. 1st half we tore em apart, but you could still see that going forward they could cause us problems. 2nd half they really stepped up the tempo and posed us many problems. We wont play many sides this season that were as quick as they were 2nd half. I really liked Norman he is going to be a great asset for us. IMO Rob Dickie was a bit suspect and was caught wanting a few times, but saying that I really liked the way he brought the ball out from the back. Midfield look strong and very able. Rob Hall is going to be like signing a new player. Really hope he stays fit cos I think a lot of teams will target him. If he stays fit he could be the difference between us having an ok season or a great season.
Which leaves Beeks, he will be like marmite you will either love him or not. I hope he carries on scoring because it could save us a lot of money but we will need back up for him or better still an even better striker.
Overall a good game and very enjoyable to watch.
Only downside to the night was the 2and half hours it took to get home with all the roadworks about.

Great music scene in Leeds? Since when my friend? Kaiser Chiefs really an average band to say the least, then you’ve got er, Marc Almond and.... no that’s it for me ?
Kaiser Chiefs guitarist Whitey is also a scooter (lammy)lad, he rides with Leeds Inset Scooter Club when hes not got commitments with the band:cool:

We have loads of songs. You have some weird fetish for posting on YF about how few songs we have, when it simply isn't true. Leeds sang a variety yesterday, and we could comfortably have sung the same amount quantity of songs and more, and we regularly do every (competitive) game.

What songs are thsee?

Not the generic off the shelf songs that other clubs had before us, all most know is yellows yellows yellows ?

Great music scene in Leeds? Since when my friend? Kaiser Chiefs really an average band to say the least, then you’ve got er, Marc Almond and.... no that’s it for me [emoji41]

I’m talking about the current music scene, young man! Not some old hogwash. Go listen to some Vessels, for example. Or Microshift from Hookworms (one of my favourite albums of 2018). Or Eagulls. Or Pulled Apart by Horses.

I’m talking about the current music scene, young man! Not some old hogwash. Go listen to some Vessels, for example. Or Microshift from Hookworms (one of my favourite albums of 2018). Or Eagulls. Or Pulled Apart by Horses.
The Hookworms album is pretty decent, will give you that.

Flabbergasted Turtlenecks
Johnny Flirt and his Routine Fifteen
Kill That Amoeba!

Some of my favourite Yorkshire bands that don't exist.

Back
Top Bottom