OUFC Women: 2023/24 Season

Always a shame in these single promotion leagues when one side disappears off into the distance (but at least they'll definitely go up and not have to play off against the northern winners).

How have they come so good this time, don't remember them being in the fight last season?
They finished only 4 points behind U's last season (6 off top). They have only been brought into the full club organisation last summer, this meant they could offer full semi-pro contracts for the first time.

The Ladies are through to the County Cup Final after a rotated team beat Thame 15-0 on Sunday.

Re-arranged league game v Rugby Borough Women tonight at Court Place Farm - KO 19:45

Half Season Tickets are available at £25 for Adults, £12.50 for Concessions, and just £5 for U16s - this covers the remaining 5 league home games. Men's team season ticket holders qualify for concession price - so just £2.50 a game.

The Ladies are through to the County Cup Final after a rotated team beat Thame 15-0 on Sunday.

Re-arranged league game v Rugby Borough Women tonight at Court Place Farm - KO 19:45

Half Season Tickets are available at £25 for Adults, £12.50 for Concessions, and just £5 for U16s - this covers the remaining 5 league home games. Men's team season ticket holders qualify for concession price - so just £2.50 a game.
one of a handful of wednesday evenings that I cant make is tonight ... good luck Yellow Roses

Devs are at home to Durham this Sunday in the Reserve Team Cup Semi-final.

Sunday 25th February, 11am ko at Oxford City FC.

Adults £3, Concessions £1, Under 16s £1 and Under 5s Free

They are the current holders of this national cup and yet again leading the way in their league;

1708724671352.png

Appreciate it's an early kick off but they deserve plenty of support so if you can make it I'm sure you won't regret it.

Devs win 5-0 in Cup Semi-final, they will now play the winners of today's other semi between Wolves and Bournemouth.

Date and venue for the final yet to be confirmed I believe.

They are now unbeaten in 40 matches, 39 wins and 1 draw which is pretty phenomenal by anyone's standards.

Devs win 5-0 in Cup Semi-final, they will now play the winners of today's other semi between Wolves and Bournemouth.

They are now unbeaten in 40 matches, 39 wins and 1 draw which is pretty phenomenal by anyone's standards.
impressive record for the yellow rosebuds

What a fantastic team. It’s been a pleasure watching this group over the course of that great run. Well organised, all comfortable on the ball and brilliant at both ends of the field. In what threatened to be a tough match today they’ve dominated again from start to finish. Fingers crossed the ladies can get the double again.

Yet little or no recognition at all from the club throughout that unbeaten run. If the Youth team reached a National Cup final and were undefeated for 40 games they would get a match report at the very least on the club website but absolutely nothing at all for the devs. This is the future of the women's team being ignored at a time when women's football is meant to be on the up is pretty poor when other teams seem to be going in the other direction.

Yet little or no recognition at all from the club throughout that unbeaten run. If the Youth team reached a National Cup final and were undefeated for 40 games they would get a match report at the very least on the club website but absolutely nothing at all for the devs. This is the future of the women's team being ignored at a time when women's football is meant to be on the up is pretty poor when other teams seem to be going in the other direction.
Really need to get my a**e into gear and go and watch them play.

two wins in 2 'home' games (today's home game was at Cirencester as the City game was moved for TV). 2-1 v Cheltenham on Thursday, and 1-0 v Cardiff today. All 3 goals for U's from Zoe Barratt.

Next game home at Court Place Farm v London Bees - next Sunday (24th) at 2pm.

Devs won again 4-1 against QPR despite being 0-1 at HT.

10 points clear at the top with 5 games remaining.
Another fantastic season by the group, and another chance to get the League and Cup double as they did last year.

Unfortunately though, the team lost a good player to Swindon this week, and it’s looking likely a good number will be moving on to pastures new at the end of the season from what I’m hearing.

Apologies as, I don't know anything apart from results regarding OUWFC. But, living in Singapore; I do follow the ladies team. Since local friends of mine have sisters in the national team. Danelle Tan was tipped to be something big. Her hold up play and shooting, slightly reminds me of a then smaller. Yet quicker, Kelly Smith. Anyway, spoke to her Dad back in May 2023 whilst Tan played for the Bees & he told me that DVB were knocking.

Back
Top Bottom