OUFC Women: 2023/24 Season Build-Up

You know as we won you both have to come next week too :)
my partner is visiting her daughter (in Rugby) and Im working in London afternoon/evening next Sunday (17th Sept- a week today)

we will both be back to a few more Yellow Roses home games this season though

my partner is visiting her daughter (in Rugby) and Im working in London afternoon/evening next Sunday (17th Sept- a week today)

we will both be back to a few more Yellow Roses home games this season though
Glad to hear it, we welcome all supporters old and new whether they come to every game or once a season.

Glad to hear it, we welcome all supporters old and new whether they come to every game or once a season.
What is your position in oufc women Nick?
What's your view on the season ahead with all of the changes pre season?

I
What is your position in oufc women Nick?
What's your view on the season ahead with all of the changes pre season?
I volunteer and usually do the turnstile which to be honest is great fun as you get to meet every fan coming to the game. I still play Over 50's football on some Sundays so can't commit to all games sadly. I've volunteered for a number of years and would recommend it to anyone who has some time to spare.
I still maintain the future is bright, there's been quite a turnover on and off field staff wise which will take time to settle. I think this season will be difficult as the league has got stronger in the past couple of years and this year is probably the strongest it has been.
We also have a very good Development side who won 7-0 last week and beat Portsmouth today on penalties in the cup.
I don't know if you've ever been to a game or not but it's something I'd encourage all OUFC fans to do, the atmosphere is completely different to the men's game. Home and away fans mix freely, players/staff approachable and you can have a drink while watching the game (not that I do that).
At times the girls play some fantastic football, obviously it doesn't always go to plan but that's football.

The next men's home game against Exeter has been dedicated to #HerGameToo so imagine there will be some free tickets to OUWFC as part of that so keep your eyes peeled.

I

I volunteer and usually do the turnstile which to be honest is great fun as you get to meet every fan coming to the game. I still play Over 50's football on some Sundays so can't commit to all games sadly. I've volunteered for a number of years and would recommend it to anyone who has some time to spare.
I still maintain the future is bright, there's been quite a turnover on and off field staff wise which will take time to settle. I think this season will be difficult as the league has got stronger in the past couple of years and this year is probably the strongest it has been.
We also have a very good Development side who won 7-0 last week and beat Portsmouth today on penalties in the cup.
I don't know if you've ever been to a game or not but it's something I'd encourage all OUFC fans to do, the atmosphere is completely different to the men's game. Home and away fans mix freely, players/staff approachable and you can have a drink while watching the game (not that I do that).
At times the girls play some fantastic football, obviously it doesn't always go to plan but that's football.

The next men's home game against Exeter has been dedicated to #HerGameToo so imagine there will be some free tickets to OUWFC as part of that so keep your eyes peeled.
Keep up the good work Nick! Pleased to see Anais Trinci has featured at last. You were correct about the international clearance (took a long time though!)

Home game tomorrow against Plymouth Argyle, 2pm kick off at Court Place Farm.

4-0 defeat today, always going to be a tough game but thought it might be a little closer.

Hope we are appealing red card.
The amount Pompey have invested in their set up they should win the league.

Hope we are appealing red card.
The amount Pompey have invested in their set up they should win the league.
they were on local tv ( cant remember if it was BBC South or Meridian ) a few weeks ago PWFC - they cited OUWFC as what they were aiming to emulate

they were on local tv ( cant remember if it was BBC South or Meridian ) a few weeks ago PWFC - they cited OUWFC as what they were aiming to emulate
Having watched us win down there back end of last season and then watch yesterday’s defeat they are on the right course.
We are a very young side and missing a key centre half yesterday on international duty.
Could also do with new manager being sorted sooner than later not to be disrespectful to interim manager who stepped in at very late notice.

Having watched us win down there back end of last season and then watch yesterday’s defeat they are on the right course.
We are a very young side and missing a key centre half yesterday on international duty.
Could also do with new manager being sorted sooner than later not to be disrespectful to interim manager who stepped in at very late notice.
100% .... I still dont get why the Yellow Roses manager jumped ship after signing a new contract, to , of all places, Reading, who cant even pay their men's first team players on time, never mind anyone else

100% .... I still dont get why the Yellow Roses manager jumped ship after signing a new contract, to , of all places, Reading, who cant even pay their men's first team players on time, never mind anyone else
I would guess that Reading Women FC being a ex WSL and now Championship side will always look good on a coaches CV even if it seems that club is on downward spiral.
Full time job in coaching so you can give up other work and concentrate solely on your passion for a role within football may also come into it.

Tough game coming up Sunday 2pm at home against Ipswich Town Ladies Fc.
They are second in the league having lost only to Hashtag Utd 3-2 this season who we lost to last weekend to exit the League cup 2-0.
It was a good game last season finishing in a 1-1 draw with both sides playing good football.
We are a good young side needing plenty of support after a difficult start to the season on and off the field.

Very pleased to see we are in the process of appointing a Full Time Manager - Mr Gilbert a little hasty in jumping ship perhaps?

Very pleased to see we are in the process of appointing a Full Time Manager - Mr Gilbert a little hasty in jumping ship perhaps?
I would say that's maybe a little unfair, if a full-time position was never mentioned or planned then why wouldn't he take a job offering just that.

Seems a late in the day change from us, originally advertised as part-time and suddenly now full-time weeks later, had this decision been made earlier we may have retained a very good young manager but now find ourselves having a difficult start to the season and no nearer a manager being appointed.

Poor planning if you ask me.

I would say that's maybe a little unfair, if a full-time position was never mentioned or planned then why wouldn't he take a job offering just that.

Seems a late in the day change from us, originally advertised as part-time and suddenly now full-time weeks later, had this decision been made earlier we may have retained a very good young manager but now find ourselves having a difficult start to the season and no nearer a manager being appointed.

Poor planning if you ask me.
If Liam was looking for full-time employment, I find it surprising he signed a new contract with us.

I totally agree this has not been handled very well and has obviously led to the difficult start you mention.

Let's hope an appointment can be made without any further delay.

I

Definitely will attend this season

Back
Top Bottom