Oxford United Women vs Ipswich

With the demise of Coventry ladies in the league above, could the yellow roses get back to the second tier spot they used to frequent next season?

With the demise of Coventry ladies in the league above, could the yellow roses get back to the second tier spot they used to frequent next season?
Is it simply 2 up 2 down or are there ground requirements?
Any idea why Coventry dropped out? I am surprised that a Championship club wants that to happen to their women's team

Is it simply 2 up 2 down or are there ground requirements?
Any idea why Coventry dropped out? I am surprised that a Championship club wants that to happen to their women's team
didnt 'we' , as in OUFC, 'allowed' OUWFC to drop a division a few seasons ago, when an application to stay in the women football championship was required....if memory serves?

didnt 'we' , as in OUFC, 'allowed' OUWFC to drop a division a few seasons ago, when an application to stay in the women football championship was required....if memory serves?
I thought that we were not 'chosen' to go into the nes Championship, but you may be right Sarge

I thought that we were not 'chosen' to go into the nes Championship, but you may be right Sarge
I see Coventry ladies who were in the Championship were wound up yesterday. Only turned full time professional this season.

If I remember correctly, we were in the original second national tier when it was set up.
There was then a restructure a few years later, with new criteria for membership.
All clubs in the top two tiers had a deadline to commit to the new requirements, which if they did so they were guaranteed a place.
There was then a second deadline where other teams could apply, but the originals who were not certain about meeting the requirements from the off, so did not go for the first deadline, but aimed to work towards them, could also apply and the league then chose from these applicants to fill up the spaces.
We didn't go for the first, but did the second but were not selected

Back
Top Bottom