OUFC Women: 2023/24 Season Build-Up

The Oxford job always was part-time.

Rose Kite signed for Reading after a successful trial a couple of weeks back so not necessarily anything to do with the manager appointment. I don't agree the players leaving had anything to do with this as several of the new signings commented that they were looking forward to working with him.
Just one of those football things, we still have a good squad but what better reason to get over to Court Place Farm and support them starting this Sunday in the cup against Abingdon Utd.
The nature of the womens game in England below the WSL is that contracts are part-time and short, and that there is regularly lots of churn.

The Oxford job always was part-time.

Rose Kite signed for Reading after a successful trial a couple of weeks back so not necessarily anything to do with the manager appointment. I don't agree the players leaving had anything to do with this as several of the new signings commented that they were looking forward to working with him.
Just one of those football things, we still have a good squad but what better reason to get over to Court Place Farm and support them starting this Sunday in the cup against Abingdon Utd.
Yes but it's interesting that the role is part time as the initial release said he left to take up a full time role at a championship club.

Yes that was interesting but it could be part-time managers role with the rest of the time in their Academy making it FT. I don't know but something like that would make sense.

If nothing else it's generated a great thread and we're finally talking about OUWFC. I would love our average attendance to increase this season and who knows top our record attendance at CPF

If nothing else it's generated a great thread and we're finally talking about OUWFC. I would love our average attendance to increase this season and who knows top our record attendance at CPF

What is the record attendance?

I would say average attendance about 250/300
I think we had over 500 for one game.

• React
Reactions: m
Back in our WSL2 days at Abingdon Utd we got 1211 in 2016.

Highest league attendance last season was 526 with an average attendance of 290

What is the record attendance?
Im probably wrong - vague memory the home game towards the end of the season before last ( V Southampton) evening match was a sizable crowd , maybe that was the record Yellow Roses attendance at CPF ?

Interesting, it's part time not full time.
The players are part time now since relegation. Don’t believe the staff are, which is the case at a lot of Championship clubs as well as clubs at tier 3 (although not Oxford).

Another club in the WNL, Chatham, lost their manager to become Liam’s assistant ant Reading also report it was “a full time opportunity”.

0-2 down at half-time. I fear this season may well prove difficult after losing their Manager and a good number of experienced players so close to the commencement of the new campaign.

0-2 down at half-time. I fear this season may well prove difficult after losing their Manager and a good number of experienced players so close to the commencement of the new campaign.
deservedly got one back in the second half , rattled the crossbar befire pulling one back .... was probably the worst OUWFC performnce Ive seen ( not wached that many tbh ), seemed to lack a cutting edge until the goalscored came on as a sub .... what has happened to Daisy Mac ? - didnt feature in the starting line up, didnt seem to be amogst the subs either- has she gone elsewhere, is she injured, or doesnt the current manager rate her?

My partner was dissapointed it was a defeat in her first match- but has said she'll go and watch yellow roses again ( if its not bitterly cold or rainining )

Last edited:
Daisy Mac was ill last week so assume still not ready to play.

Good your partner enjoyed it despite defeat, you know she has to go again to prove it wasn't her fault we lost :)

Good your partner enjoyed it despite defeat, you know she has to go again to prove it wasn't her fault we lost :)
Cheers for info/ update re Daisy Mac @nick68

she did jokingly mention as it was the yellow roses first home league defeat in a couple of seasons, that she might be the jonah - but, despite the loss she was impressed the way Oxford kept going especially in the 2nd half & didn't give up ( hit the crossbar before pulling one back), and added she'll go again to watch the yellow roses

Cheers for info/ update re Daisy Mac @nick68

she did jokingly mention as it was the yellow roses first home league defeat in a couple of seasons, that she might be the jonah - but, despite the loss she was impressed the way Oxford kept going especially in the 2nd half & didn't give up ( hit the crossbar before pulling one back), and added she'll go again to watch the yellow roses
Really glad to hear she enjoyed it Sarge and I’ve been to many women’s games even in the WSL and it is a very different feel than at a men’s professional match. Hopefully though over time you can convince your fine lady to get to a 1st team game! Maybe Reading at Home would be a good 1st game for her 😅

As a matter of interest, do you know why Anais Trinci isn't featuring at the moment?

went to CPF with me partner , her 2nd time watching the Yellow Roses, who absolutely dominated the first half, went in at HT 4-0 up, it could've been 5 or 6 nil... second half, bar a saved pen- made it easy, straight at the keeper!-, Chatham's keeper wasn't really troubled much , but back to winning ways in the league at home. FT 4-0

my partner is also mildly pleased that shes not a Jonah

Last edited:
went to CPF with me partner , her 2nd time watching the Yellow Roses, who absolutely dominated the first half, went in at HT 4-0 up, it could've been 5 or 6 nil... second half, bar a saved pen- made it easy, straight at the keeper!-, Chatham's keeper wasn't really troubled much , but back to winning ways in the league at home. FT 4-0

my partner is also mildly pleased that shes not a Jonah
You know as we won you both have to come next week too :)

Back
Top Bottom