General Questions re: attending Oxford United Women matches

Cx

I'd like to start a discussion about Oxford United Women. Specifically, attending their matches.

- If you have an interest in women's football, but do not attend games, why not?

- If you used to attend games but stopped, why?

- If you haven't attended previously, but intend to next season, what influenced your decision?

- What could the club do to encourage you to attend?

Feel free to share any other thoughts you may have about the women's team and/or attending their matches.

Full disclosure: this hasn't been requested by management, but will be forwarded onto Liam Gilbert, the first-team manager, so try to be as constructive and detailed as possible. Thank you.

beyondthefourth

I'm due to have a baby daughter in September/October, so I'm definitely wanting to keep more of an eye on the team's progress.

I don't even get to make men's matches much as I'm based in London and work most weekends, but I wanted to put on record that it would be good to get some video highlights on the website. We seem to have no issue getting footage from most U23/U18 matches for interviews on the site, it would be great to give the women's team some extra visibility too.

There's sometimes a push from the media team if we're not playing a weekend game but the women are, to attend that. But there's not much attention focussed on them, or how well they're doing, cup competitions, etc.

Reactions: Cx

Sarge

First team ,OUWFC, play their home games ( based on last season) at Court Place Farm

I've walked down ( 5 mins from me) and watched them a couple of times

there's a few regular posters on here who can probably give more of an insight to OUWFC and all
things related, who should be helpful on the subject

Cx

I'm due to have a baby daughter in September/October, so I'm definitely wanting to keep more of an eye on the team's progress.

I don't even get to make men's matches much as I'm based in London and work most weekends, but I wanted to put on record that it would be good to get some video highlights on the website. We seem to have no issue getting footage from most U23/U18 matches for interviews on the site, it would be great to give the women's team some extra visibility too.

There's sometimes a push from the media team if we're not playing a weekend game but the women are, to attend that. But there's not much attention focussed on them, or how well they're doing, cup competitions, etc.

First of all, many congratulations.

I don't want to be leading or influence answers so will simply say thanks, and that your comments will be passed on. Much appreciated.

Last edited:

Marked Ox

Said before but for me it is purely the awful pitch at Court Place Farm. Makes it unwatchable for me personally and I won't go to men or women's games as a result.

I say this as somebody who used to watch Oxford ladies a bit when playing at Abingdon Utd.

Reactions: Cx

OUFCGav

I'd like to start a discussion about Oxford United Women. Specifically, attending their matches.

- If you have an interest in women's football, but do not attend games, why not?

- If you used to attend games but stopped, why?

- If you haven't attended previously, but intend to next season, what influenced your decision?

- What could the club do to encourage you to attend?

Feel free to share any other thoughts you may have about the women's team and/or attending their matches.

Full disclosure: this hasn't been requested by management, but will be forwarded onto Liam Gilbert, the first-team manager, so try to be as constructive and detailed as possible. Thank you.
I've been a number of times and enjoy it. Sunday afternoons aren't generally the best time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mcf86 OUFC Matches 34