OUFC v Palarse not a real match thread thingy

Fair play to him. He’s obviously knuckles down, and looks a totally different player.

Well done Obika. He did look nervy as he took it though.
I do think some of his probs are confidence issues.

Obika got a bit lucky with the bounce, but did well to keep his composure. Can't knock the guy for his pre season delivery so far

Caveats are it’s pre season and we probably won’t come across a team who let us play as much, but there are some good performances and promising partnerships on display so far

Caveats are it’s pre season and we probably won’t come across a team who let us play as much, but there are some good performances and promising partnerships on display so far

You can take nothing from pre season. Arsenal's invincibles had an awful pre season in 2003...

You can take nothing from pre season. Arsenal's invincibles had an awful pre season in 2003...

I totally agree you shouldn't get too excited about a strong pre season, but to take nothing is abit far. Winning games is winning games, even in pre season. If anything to build confidence for season ahead.

come back Pep, all is forgiven lol
Really encouraging - we dont look like 2 leagues apart

Been enjoying sitting on my backside watching this. The stream has been very good and the commentary also good.

In terms of performance it's about what I expected playing against a Premier League team at times, but what we've done we've done well. Defence looks very good. I would be gobsmacked if Mous played ahead of Dickie next season as someone suggested on here a few days ago. Carruthers looks excellent, clearly a classy player. I look forward to seeing Whyte play against teams our level, he could be a real asset next season.

I think we're a good striker away from a very good starting XI and roughly 4 players away from completing a solid squad. Pleased with what I've seen.

Now time for a water (milk and tea bag) break. :)

Oxford have grown into the game. Beautiful pass from Brannigan for Obika’s goal. Very impressed with Samir Carruthers

Apart from a few nervy midfield giveaways early we have been the better side. Fair score

Carruthers, Garbutt and Whyte have done well, along with Nelson and Dickie. Bit sloppy in midfield and Palace's pace up front is causing lots of problems, but we stuck in there and then got the goal out of nothing really. Since then we've had a bit more possession and looked more threatening.

Back
Top Bottom