Away Match Build Up 11/11/2023 L1: Leyton Orient v OUFC

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't imagine I'd be saying this a week ago, but I hope that those fans arriving into Paddington this Saturday to see their team - led by Liam Manning - play away to a side that they'll fancy beating (and probably should) - return home absolutely gutted after an unexpected and humiliating defeat that signals the start of a horrific run and the demise of Manning himself.

It's been a wild few days eh?

Force down a plate of pie n mash at halftime and if challenged sing knees up muvver brahn if that fails just leg it.
Learn this: “Gor blimey Gov’nor. My boat race is in a right two and eight. Didn’t have a Chas and Dave this morning”. Repeat that and you’ll be golden

Anyone else infiltrating the home end? Never done it before following Oxford but now the game is completely sold out I’m just glad to be in!

I did this at wycombe . Stood behind the goal on their terrace. I started a few anti Oxford chants that day to make myself feel like I was in ID with gumbo . Intermittently turned to those around me when the yellows up the other end were in full voice and said things like “you can’t help but be impressed by that noise” or “I wish our support was more like that”.

Nobody disagreed

Is the match completely sold out? So no tickets on the day even for home supporters.

Was going to infiltrate the home end or side. Have they sold out before this season? I remember the revenge match a while ago where we let slip a two goal advantage. Never seen such a large group of scary middle aged men SMHS in payback mode! No wonder the police marched us out first. I also remember practically clinching promotion there many years before.

Was going to infiltrate the home end or side. Have they sold out before this season? I remember the revenge match a while ago where we let slip a two goal advantage. Never seen such a large group of scary middle aged men SMHS in payback mode! No wonder the police marched us out first. I also remember practically clinching promotion there many years before.

2015 game was a good day out, I think Swindon were in London against someone that day as well. They must of given more tickets to away fans back then as I swear we had near two thousand there, remember getting on the train at Oxford and there being a load of lads and then walking into two separate pubs outside Paddington full of Oxford.

Shame about the result as we battered them for the first 60, Jordan Graham (who now plays for them but is injured) and O Dowda were flying that day I think, one of those games from the promotion season where we threw away points that probably cost us the title, we were the best team in the division but it wasn’t until right at the end when we needed the 3 wins on the trot till we became a bit ruthless.

I did this at wycombe . Stood behind the goal on their terrace. I started a few anti Oxford chants that day to make myself feel like I was in ID with gumbo . Intermittently turned to those around me when the yellows up the other end were in full voice and said things like “you can’t help but be impressed by that noise” or “I wish our support was more like that”.

Nobody disagreed

f*****g love you Gumbo.

All I want this weekend is Oxford to win and QPR to win if that happens my weekend will be amazing

Beadle
Stevens Moore brown Leigh
Maguane
Brannagan rodri
Mills Harris Murphy
Add wins for Stockport and Shrewsbury to make it perfect.

Nobody disagreed
"Smell an Oxford fan I do..."

Hopefully nobody gets the seat I had in 2015. Not only was it right behind a pillar, there was also no actual seat!

2015 game was a good day out, I think Swindon were in London against someone that day as well. They must of given more tickets to away fans back then as I swear we had near two thousand there, remember getting on the train at Oxford and there being a load of lads and then walking into two separate pubs outside Paddington full of Oxford.

Shame about the result as we battered them for the first 60, Jordan Graham (who now plays for them but is injured) and O Dowda were flying that day I think, one of those games from the promotion season where we threw away points that probably cost us the title, we were the best team in the division but it wasn’t until right at the end when we needed the 3 wins on the trot till we became a bit ruthless.

Correct. Dickens Tavern being one. It's the famous location of where Swindon took a good hiding from Oxford on that very day.

Speaking of 'lads', it could be interesting tomorrow at Paddington with Bristol City coming into the same station as a lot of ours.

Anyone else infiltrating the home end? Never done it before following Oxford but now the game is completely sold out I’m just glad to be in!
Yep..am in the home end tomorrow with a London based mate who supports Leeds.

I’ve done it a couple of times, most recently AFC Wimbledon away. I don’t find it as enjoyable as being in the away end but it is interesting to hear the home fans thoughts and to see our away fans in action!

I’ve always been able to hide inner celebrations but haven’t yet been in the wrong end for a last minute winner!

Correct. Dickens Tavern being one. It's the famous location of where Swindon took a good hiding from Oxford on that very day.

Speaking of 'lads', it could be interesting tomorrow at Paddington with Bristol City coming into the same station as a lot of ours.
It wasn't that day mate. It was way before, back in the Conference days. We were away to Ebbsfleet, and they were away to Gillingham.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom