• Sub: Goodrham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Negru

• Sub: O'Donker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We hardly sing left side, right side now anyway, but it really upsets me that the "we are the London Road, we are the London Road, Ooh!" ending got dropped. That was the best bit - a show of unity and togetherness with our less fortunate neighbours from the other side of the fence.
YES you've gotta have the ooh!!! Shame about knees up mother brown, That was always a good one, can't exactly do that one sitting down ..
Hopefully in the new stadium safe standing , it can come out of retirement....

:) I am actually being serious that the same people could make a way better noise despite the terrible acoustics of the stadium just by singing slower and together. Conductor not required. The Perth glory shed always sounds a bit over rehearsed to me, so you can definitely go too far.
The simplest way to do this is a drum. But as a fanbase, we hate drums!

Maybe you should contact the club and suggest a choral arranger? We could then hand out our lyrics and scores, perhaps even have a conductor standing at the front?

Oddly enough, I went to a game in Tokyo a few years back and they had a bloke 'conducting' the singing section.
We did years Ago ... Pluggy Pluggy on the wall.. Puggy on the wall....

Maybe you should contact the club and suggest a choral arranger? We could then hand out our lyrics and scores, perhaps even have a conductor standing at the front?

Oddly enough, I went to a game in Tokyo a few years back and they had a bloke 'conducting' the singing section.

🥺🫣🙈

Quite usual for somebody to lead chants in Europe.

Somebody with a snare drum, so not drowning out the actual chanting which often happens with a drum that booms, to lead the tempo.

Quite usual for somebody to lead chants in Europe.

Somebody with a snare drum, so not drowning out the actual chanting which often happens with a drum that booms, to lead the tempo.
Personally, in the middle of it all, it sounded great to me on Saturday without any assistance. Helped that we were in a stand where the sounds stays in under a relatively low roof.

Personally, in the middle of it all, it sounded great to me on Saturday without any assistance. Helped that we were in a stand where the sounds stays in under a relatively low roof.
I think over the years the best drums heard at the Kassam was Aldershot in the conference days.

I think we needed waking up as a fan base to be honest...we seem to be at our best in times of adversity, when we are up against it. Quiet as mice, unless we are the perceived underdog and then BOOM!

I think we needed waking up as a fan base to be honest...we seem to be at our best in times of adversity, when we are up against it. Quiet as mice, unless we are the perceived underdog and then BOOM!
I think you're right - the circumstances were perfect. A sell-out at a ground where you can make a lot of noise, fueled by the nature and speed of Manning's departure.

I was looking at some stats on FOTMOB for the game and they seem barely believable, in that Orient had marginally more possession than we did and attempted nearly as many passes. I'm assuming that in this case possession meant the time the ball was in the air!

Their version of the modern style seemed to be three hurried and slightly uncomfortable passes across the back, before the keeper then lumped it forward. The other options were the keepers long diagonal ball and the hoof forward without passing to the centre backs. It is rather generously called direct football but let's be honest, it was Wycombe without the overt gamemanship and time 'management'. Still, in previous years we may well have succumbed to the likes of Orient and Stevenage.

Back
Top Bottom