• Sub: Goodrham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sub: Negru

• Sub: O'Donker

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I personally think there’s a reasonable argument that we’d play the same or slightly better if Negru played instead of Moore, but I accept that others don’t agree with that.
I genuinely don't get what you mean. What do you mean by 'slightly better'? Moore is club captain and a leader on the pitch, as well as, in my opinion, being the best centre back in the squad.

I genuinely don't get what you mean. What do you mean by 'slightly better'? Moore is club captain and a leader on the pitch, as well as, in my opinion, being the best centre back in the squad.
I mean that Negru would be as good in the air as Moore (which I agree is a strength of his) while also being quicker over the ground, which is one of Moore’s weaknesses. I just don’t think we’d lose as much from that change as we would from, say, swapping Beadle with Eastwood or Brannagan with McEachran.

I mean that Negru would be as good in the air as Moore (which I agree is a strength of his) while also being quicker over the ground, which is one of Moore’s weaknesses. I just don’t think we’d lose as much from that change as we would from, say, swapping Beadle with Eastwood or Brannagan with McEachran.
Cheers, IoW, I now get your point. I think Negru is a great prospect, but more liable than Moore to make a crucial mistake at this stage of his career.

Harris keeps getting and making chances. Well done to Bodin again ,when Don'ks comes on I just don't see him scoring .And Rodriguez those quick feet and football Brain he's certainly getting better.

Harris keeps getting and making chances. Well done to Bodin again ,when Don'ks comes on I just don't see him scoring .And Rodriguez those quick feet and football Brain he's certainly getting better.
The jury for me has been out on Go’D for sometime. At the moment he sadly seems to be going backwards rather than forwards. If we had signed him from another club, and he wasn’t home grown talent, I doubt he would be given quite so much slack. He is still young, so time is on his side, but he needs to kick on soon. Maybe a loan will help, who knows!

Coming back ( full of energy and positivity ) to Belgium after that good game. The day was good ( apart from the 1h delay at the Channel Tunnel..)

Going to the game, like everyone I found Rodriguez excellent, super !

I found Harris good also in his work on the field but it's true his conversion rate goal vs chance was not good. It'll come because he creates and he's always at the good place.

Moore also what a captain !

The only worrying thing was that we couldn't cope so well with their long balls in our box . Leyton was quite 'limited " if we speak football BUT they play with their quality : long balls behind the back of our defenders. 1st half, they had 2 or 3 crosses very dangerous. And they repeated it during the 2nd half. But fair play to them, they play and don't sit at the back.

Except the 15 minutes , we were in control all the game.

To sum up all the day was the photo taken but the club at the end of the game where ALL the players smiled behind Short.

What a great day that was, didn't have a ticket but managed to secure one from a mate late on Friday night. Had the feeling that I had to be there for this one and show my suport for Shorty and the team after the events of last week. The atmosphere in our section was amazing, loudest singing I've heard for a long time, obviously the LM chant but what a great rendition of Yellow Submarine just before half time, I wish we sing the actual 'yellow submarine' bit for longer. Thought we were going to run away with it at 3-0 but it's rarely that simple, didn't enjoy the second half, a fourth goal would have sealed it but we hung on well for the win. I don't get to as many aways as I used to but yesterday definitely made me up for it again. Bumped into old mates all day and found myself hugging strangers when we scored.
I love this f*****g club!
Exactly the same situation for me too! Living in Essex this was one I had to try and get to and thankfully the forum (cheers Big Ron) came up with a ticket.
Fantastic atmosphere and the unity was there for all to see and hear. How did we sound from the home end?... actually my little boy's football coach is an ardent Orient fan (he told him we'd get smashed when he wore his Oxford top to training!) so I'll ask him on Wednesday 😂.
Loved walking home after with hundreds of other fans up the Leyton high road singing 'who the f**k is L**m M*****g?!' The locals looked confused.
Parked at Redbridge and was home within the hour.

What a great day that was, didn't have a ticket but managed to secure one from a mate late on Friday night. Had the feeling that I had to be there for this one and show my suport for Shorty and the team after the events of last week. The atmosphere in our section was amazing, loudest singing I've heard for a long time, obviously the LM chant but what a great rendition of Yellow Submarine just before half time, I wish we sing the actual 'yellow submarine' bit for longer. Thought we were going to run away with it at 3-0 but it's rarely that simple, didn't enjoy the second half, a fourth goal would have sealed it but we hung on well for the win. I don't get to as many aways as I used to but yesterday definitely made me up for it again. Bumped into old mates all day and found myself hugging strangers when we scored.
The we all live in the yellow Submarine bit , is supposed to be sung longer,
FOR some reason over the years , that section of the song has speeded up & faded to quick,
A bit like come on Oxford..

That Yellow Submarine chant is powerful - it often shuts up the other fans whether we're home or away. I'm not much of a music pro but the gaps the slowness seems to do the trick. The yellow Submarine bit is always a bit fast and s**t compared to the original lyrics of the chat I reckon ( Sorry Ringo)

Also the Liam Manning Chant which happened on Saturday - loved that too but the ON ON ON could be about 50% slower

Anyway small things, Fans were top notch on Saturday, COYY

That Yellow Submarine chant is powerful - it often shuts up the other fans whether we're home or away. I'm not much of a music pro but the gaps the slowness seems to do the trick. The yellow Submarine bit is always a bit fast and s**t compared to the original lyrics of the chat I reckon ( Sorry Ringo)

Also the Liam Manning Chant which happened on Saturday - loved that too but the ON ON ON could be about 50% slower

Yes that was the best & loudest ,I've heard the fans sing for a long time.
Shame the situation of the last week , has decided to wake us up.
Long may it continue.. GIVE US A OOOOOOAAHH..

This is such a fantastic photo. Someone whack it on a post card to Manning’s new office!!

Could’ve been so very different had we not held on for the win but Short made some brave but decisive changes and that was a group that was completely together yesterday. I wonder whether Manning leaving could end up being one of those things that unites the people at the club in a way very little else could. Super dressing room for someone to pick up, I can’t imagine many better EFL jobs coming up all year. Short & the players did their bit. Over to you, Tim & Grant.
tells us everything we need to know about the spirit in the team and their affection for the 'head coach' . Brilliant photo

For a town with so many choirs the chanting could do with a bit of work.
Definitely everything should be slower and with an even pace. Singing moderately quietly but together carries much further than everyone trying to sing superloud at different speeds. Everything should keep going for more repeats (often chants fade out on the second repeat just when the far end of the stand have worked out what’s going on.)

Definitely everything should be slower and with an even pace. Singing moderately quietly but together carries much further than everyone trying to sing superloud at different speeds. Everything should keep going for more repeats (often chants fade out on the second repeat just when the far end of the stand have worked out what’s going on.)
I remember years ago , singing come on Oxford, it started with a few non stop singing it for about ten minutes ,
then getting a corner & it would turn into a crescendo. everyone chanting it, then bang all of a sudden a goal , the london rd would be in eruptions.. Especialy when we got two or three corners in a row..
COME ON OXFORD COME ON OXFORD not hundred miles a hour, clapping your hands like lunatics.. SLOWER!!!

I remember years ago , singing come on Oxford, it started with a few non stop singing it for about ten minutes ,
then getting a corner & it would turn into a crescendo. everyone chanting it, then bang all of a sudden a goal , the london rd would be in eruptions.. Especialy when we got two or three corners in a row..
COME ON OXFORD COME ON OXFORD not hundred miles a hour, clapping your hands like lunatics.. SLOWER!!!
There was also the "come on come on come on Oxford" chant, sung to the tune of a Gary Glitter song (leader of the gang?) which was quite slow and loud, albeit not sung now for understandable reasons!!

We hardly sing left side, right side now anyway, but it really upsets me that the "we are the London Road, we are the London Road, Ooh!" ending got dropped. That was the best bit - a show of unity and togetherness with our less fortunate neighbours from the other side of the fence.

Maybe you should contact the club and suggest a choral arranger? We could then hand out our lyrics and scores, perhaps even have a conductor standing at the front?

Oddly enough, I went to a game in Tokyo a few years back and they had a bloke 'conducting' the singing section.

Maybe you should contact the club and suggest a choral arranger? We could then hand out our lyrics and scores, perhaps even have a conductor standing at the front?

Oddly enough, I went to a game in Tokyo a few years back and they had a bloke 'conducting' the singing section.
:) I am actually being serious that the same people could make a way better noise despite the terrible acoustics of the stadium just by singing slower and together. Conductor not required. The Perth glory shed always sounds a bit over rehearsed to me, so you can definitely go too far.

Back
Top Bottom