OUFC v Palarse not a real match thread thingy

I think it was a one-man show. If they didn't have Zaha, I could easily see that scoreline being reversed.
He is a fantastic player. Incredibly quick.
What is certain is that we won't have to face anybody anywhere near as good as him in the league.
Palace really don't want to lose Zaha.

to call it poor though? very harsh...

Poor is an improvement on how we usually get rated. We even got given a 'great' rating for the first half!

We should encourage any signs of positivity, and hope that any renaming negativity will someday turn into 'constructive criticism'

Poor was a ridiculous comment having to play against Zaha, Townsend etc.
At times we were outclassed which is to be expected. I hoped Zaha would go off as the defence would then play against 'normal PL players!

We're definitely getting tired and starting to be outplayed by superior opposition.

Really good to hear so many compliments from the Palace commentators. They very much rate us as good opposition.

Was that Mark Bright on the commentary? Main bloke was fairly good (and fair to us) but it got very annoying hearing "Aaron this...Wilf that....Wayne this....etc etc" all the time -

Thought we were good first half. We are always going to get beaten by Premiership who dominate late when we have ran our socks off. I think when it came to 3-1 KR switched a large number of players and will say that "the result wasnt important but the performance was encouraging and we got more minutes into players" but at HT he would have wanted to win it . Many of ours havent played together before so it ill take time to gel. Think if it was still 1-0 he wouldnt have made any subs though. Win /win for KR. Glass half full though. COYY

No shame in a 3-1 loss to a prem side, they have a player they want £70 million for, if that doesn’t put into perspective the gap between a team from the richest league in the world and a league one club then it’s hard to see what will

Was that Mark Bright on the commentary? Main bloke was fairly good (and fair to us) but it got very annoying hearing "Aaron this...Wilf that....Wayne this....etc etc" all the time -

Looks like it to me. And agreed on the first names, glad RadOx doesn't (usually) stoop to that level. Though Rhoades-Brown used a lot of Mooses, Rickys, and Leggos last season.

Anyone that wants to whinge after that is either or a troll or a moron. The Premier League teams class shone through, but it was a useful workout for OUFC. The squad got good game time against better opposition and some young players got some good experience.

I can only assume some takes from fans are done purely for a reaction.

It was a good performance for the most part, but lets not get carried away, there were certainly things that we could have done better. Regardless of the opposition. (Not moaning, just saying)

Carruthers excellent Brannigan putting himself about definitely need a couple of more strikers

What was the crowd? Were ST holders included.

*First one of the season, thank you :D

A good showing by the lads, a good base to work from and I am happier preseason than I have been for a while. Onwards and upwards.

A good showing by the lads, a good base to work from and I am happier preseason than I have been for a while. Onwards and upwards.

Either Nick Harris or Rosie said the it was one of the best pre-season performances he’d seen for years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom