NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, as you know I'm one of nature's miserable bastards; even so there were moments of wonder in the conference (I can't think of a single good thing to day about Hayes or Ebbsfleet tho), but once was enough for me.

More than that, my point was that it's unhelpful to imagine we can shrug our shoulders and say 'never mind' to a relegation to L2, let alone to the Conference. Our owner is not a lifelong supporter and we would perhaps be a tad rose-eyed to presume he will continue to support the hulk of our clubs should it enter the marshes that lead to the River Styx.

I do realise that PRB will slap me round the head and tell us there's no chance. Well, he's changing his tune on relegation and the longest (and darkest) journey begins with a single step.......
Yep, Gravesend & Northfleet was a dire place to visit, and even a sneaky name change couldn't save it. I was being sarcastically flippant in recounting my Conference memories. Outnumbering home fans on occasion was fun, but overall it was s**t.

His Tigerness will certainly lose interest should we hit L2. I don't really fear relegation as, despite our form, there are three dead clubs in the bottom four and we therefore only need to stay above one of half a dozen competitors. But that's hardly a reason to rejoice.

I see where you’re coming from Pete, but one of them Bury we lost at home too, so we don’t really look that much better than them. I personally think we will be ok because we always get surprise results. MK Dons are arguably a biggish club but their run has been absolutely dire.
I think we need four wins and we will be ok and there are bound to be draws that will keep us away from the slip Zone.
Denis Berkamp mentioned. Might be a good shout. Still think it’s McDermott

No I agree, I don’t think the financial aspects are as big as people imagine, but yes Definitely it’s hard to turn around once u start sliding, it took a couple of years in the conference to work out what was needed and to get us going in the right direction again. I fully understand the implications of being relegated, and as I’ve said in no way do I want it to happen. I think we are a top l1 side with a promotion into the champ every few years is where we should be. But should we drop I don’t think it’s the end of the world scenario some make it out to be. Not great at all, but not the end. I know I’m probably not explaining this how I’m thinking it

Ah do you really believe that season ticket sales,matchday sales etc would not be affected really?
Can you remember when people longed to see the likes of Bolton Sheffield United etc yet recently very few turned up to watch them and you believe people are going to be happy/wanting pay over inflated prices to watch Crawley, Stevenage etc again i mean come on really?....Let's not forget this is not just about die hard fans but the much needed extra fans who we were struggling to attract even when decent football was on offer most weeks.

I see where you’re coming from Pete, but one of them Bury we lost at home too, so we don’t really look that much better than them. I personally think we will be ok because we always get surprise results. MK Dons are arguably a biggish club but their run has been absolutely dire.
I think we need four wins and we will be ok and there are bound to be draws that will keep us away from the slip Zone.
Denis Berkamp mentioned. Might be a good shout. Still think it’s McDermott
Bury are effectively 14 points behind us due to their poor goal difference. To overtake us they'll need a 4-2-6 record in their last 12 games, while still hoping we gain zero points in our last twelve. Ain't gonna happen. Our head to head record is irrelevant.

Knowing the finances as you do, and having always been correct on them, what’s the difference in the spread sheet for say the last 2 seasons in l2 and the first 2 in l1. I bet they are actually pretty similar. Prices are up, but crowds probably slightly down. Wages are up, but we wouldn’t have as big a wage bill if we were to drop . On our current cost base it might be a disaster, but wouldn’t our cost base lessen as well? The club also becomes almost self sustainable on the model of selling one top player a season at that level, and we might now have the ability to bring in even better youth to sell at higher profit. So I don’t for one min want to be relegated, repairing a poor l1 side is still easier than having to build a new l2 side, as we would almost certainly lose some of our top players. I say it won’t be a disaster purely in that we’ve been there, I enjoyed seasons in l2 way more than this one in league one. Whisper it but despite never ever wanting to go back there, I actually enjoyed our seasons in the conference, new grounds, being the big fish with massive away attendances. Club still survived.
f*****g hrl
How are you ‘hearing’ anything? You have no idea, do you?

Lets see.

Bury are effectively 14 points behind us due to their poor goal difference. To overtake us they'll need a 4-2-6 record in their last 12 games, while still hoping we gain zero points in our last twelve. Ain't gonna happen. Our head to head record is irrelevant.

I have been banging the same drum for weeks as 8 or 9 teams had to go on winning runs of 5 or 6 then keep maintaining it whilst we failed to pick up an average 1 point per game....not forgetting that some of the sides below us have to play each other..of course we all the negativity around us at the moment it was only us that would fail to get results

I have been banging the same drum for weeks as 8 or 9 teams had to go on winning runs of 5 or 6 then keep maintaining it whilst we failed to pick up an average 1 point per game....not forgetting that some of the sides below us have to play each other..of course we all the negativity around us at the moment it was only us that would fail to get results
Rochdale have four games in hand on us, but they will be playing twice a week now with a small squad. They are, effectively, 17 points behind us. Assuming we pick up a paltry six points between now and the end of the season (a random number, and very unlikely) they're 23 points behind and will need a 7-2-8 record to overtake us. Forget Rochdale. As for MK Dons, they are a truly shocking team in freefall, effectively 11 points behind us and have played a game more. They're doomed too.

Our only concern is staying ahead of one of Fleetwood, Northampton, Wimbledon, Oldham or Blackpool. Relegation is not impossible but I'm not too concerned about it.

Rochdale have four games in hand on us, but they will be playing twice a week now with a small squad. They are, effectively, 17 points behind us. Assuming we pick up a paltry six points between now and the end of the season (a random number, and very unlikely) they're 23 points behind and will need a 7-2-8 record to overtake us. Forget Rochdale. As for MK Dons, they are a truly shocking team in freefall, effectively 11 points behind us and have played a game more. They're doomed too.

Our only concern is staying ahead of one of Fleetwood, Northampton, Wimbledon, Oldham or Blackpool. Relegation is not impossible but I'm not too concerned about it.
Surviving is in our hands we have a lot of teams left to play in the same situation as us. Fleetwood,Oldham,Wimbledon,Southend and Doncaster left out of the teams on the edge of relegation and within 2 points of us. Then Rochdale who have major fixture congestion.

Ultimately we have enough games against the poorer sides that we should be able to pick up atleast 3 more wins and a couple of draws.

We have been very unfortunate with injuries to some of our best players this season aswell so once they get back we should kick on!

Yeah, losing 5-0 at Rushden. Hayes & Yeading, Tuesday in Barrow. It was a right f*****g hoot.

I rather think it would kill us off if it happened a second time. (and I'm not saying it will happen)
You forgot the malling at Histon my dear man

I managed to miss the mauling baz but I was there when Matt Green got their keeper sent off and we scored 4. If only we had him & Midson up front we'd be irrrelegable.

Let’s put things into prospective if no manager is appointed this week, I would say we will relegated and this would be down to DE dithering and suddenly going dumb. The appointment of Tiger was probably to late his dreams of championship? Do me a favour we have no chance. Does he have the funds I don’t know he is also suffering from dithiritus. If an appointment this week then his interview was bullshit and there lays the land at which Tiger is going to use bull s**t to the fans and I may get away with it.
But of course I maybe wrong and I hope I am but don’t hold out much hope. Unfortunately Faz and Allen do not have what it takes to survive.

Let’s put things into prospective if no manager is appointed this week, I would say we will relegated and this would be down to DE dithering and suddenly going dumb. The appointment of Tiger was probably to late his dreams of championship? Do me a favour we have no chance. Does he have the funds I don’t know he is also suffering from dithiritus. If an appointment this week then his interview was bullshit and there lays the land at which Tiger is going to use bull s**t to the fans and I may get away with it.
But of course I maybe wrong and I hope I am but don’t hold out much hope. Unfortunately Faz and Allen do not have what it takes to survive.
Hi Baz. Not sure if you've read the scenarios over the past couple of pages. We COULD indeed be relegated, but it ain't likely, with a new manager or not.

Hi Baz. Not sure if you've read the scenarios over the past couple of pages. We COULD indeed be relegated, but it ain't likely, with a new manager or not.
Ftermoon Pete, I know where you’re coming from but and it is a but we are in a very precarious position if we win our three home games on April then I would say we probably will be safe, but they have to be wins and not a win and a couple hours f draws. I don’t feel confident asiur a result I’m saturday. This season has been an accumulation of injuries bass signings and ooor management from the manager into the chairman. I do hope I’m wrong Pete I really do and don’t mind criticism pointing this out to me at the end of the season.

We all thought we'd never get caught in 2006, until Torquay went on an unbelievable run, under Atkins, to stay up - anything is possible.

We all thought we'd never get caught in 2006, until Torquay went on an unbelievable run, under Atkins, to stay up - anything is possible.
It is, but all five of our competitors would have to have better run-ins than us. Looking at the remaining fixtures, I'm still positive. Successive home games against Oldham and Fleetwood in April could be definitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom