NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Done deal, he’s just signed
6e0c97b4dfc8fff17c83c276f604f1a4.jpg

Let's say in 2006 i was "away" and after 10 years i became free :) as i pointed out a couple of weeks ago (seems like years with all that's "not" going on ) and others have done today many sides below us have to go on winning runs and maintain it whilst we do virtual nada....yes it could happen but they also have to play each other as well and they can't all win the head to heads so the odds are very much in our favor and crucially we have our destination in our own hands.
I understand what your saying horse? sorrry I mean understand about winning runs and playing each other, but we’re we not lucky against the cobblers we’ve lost both games to bury and out of the remaining fixtures we only have 4 teams below us to play I believe that is three at home.

So how exactly is PK supposed to bring us success (or the 4 wins we need to guarantee survival in L1)?
What's his track record? Non-existant?
As much as i want to hate the potential Kluivert appointment,on paper he is far more experienced then Bellamy. Assistant manager at Holland from 2012-14 and worked with Van Gaal where they finished 3rd at the world cup and Director of Football at PSG meaning he was involved heavily in the Neymar transfer in the summer so he obviously has some experience in coaching and negotiations.

The only worry for me is his inexperience with lower english league football.

Hang on, can we all just stop, take a breathe and realise how batshit crazy this is?

Lampard, Kluivert, McClaren and even Sol being talked about to manage our club. Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious. I'm 28 so vaguely remember a few 'decent' years in what's now the championship but supporting Oxford through my teenage years and first two years at Uni was not always a particularly pleasant experience.

When you think about these names it's hilarious! We're here debating whether they would be any good at Oxford (I think all but McClaren would be a HUGE risk, McClaren just a small risk).

It's lovely stuff. Hilarious, but lovely. I for one can't wait for Darren Paterson to be appointed.

Hang on, can we all just stop, take a breathe and realise how batshit crazy this is?

Lampard, Kluivert, McClaren and even Sol being talked about to manage our club. Hahahahahahaha that's hilarious. I'm 28 so vaguely remember a few 'decent' years in what's now the championship but supporting Oxford through my teenage years and first two years at Uni was not always a particularly pleasant experience.

When you think about these names it's hilarious! We're here debating whether they would be any good at Oxford (I think all but McClaren would be a HUGE risk, McClaren just a small risk).

It's lovely stuff. Hilarious, but lovely. I for one can't wait for Darren Paterson to be appointed.

Do you mean in a good way (that we're being linked to famous names) or in a bad way (in that they have no chance of success at a club like ours due to lack of resources and funds)?

Exactly. And everyone on here is arguing that we don't want to be connected to these names, but rather a safer "journey man".
I think most Oxford fans don't think that they/we deserve better, and are far happier staying in their mediocre comfort zone.
ALL of these names excite me. These guys would only consider a project where they were confident in achieving success.

Do you mean in a good way (that we're being linked to famous names) or in a bad way (in that they have no chance of success at a club like ours due to lack of resources and funds)?
In a, 10 years ago when we finished 9th in the Conference and Yemi Odubade finished as our top goal scorer what would your reaction have been if someone said in 10 years time the club will be on the hunt for a manager and Patrick Kluivert is one of the favourites for the job.

I honestly don't know if it's in a good way, but it's not a bad way. I find the whole thing baffling, overwhelming and hilarious (but on verge of a breakdown, please appoint someone soon)

Let’s put things into prospective if no manager is appointed this week, I would say we will relegated and this would be down to DE dithering and suddenly going dumb. The appointment of Tiger was probably to late his dreams of championship? Do me a favour we have no chance. Does he have the funds I don’t know he is also suffering from dithiritus. If an appointment this week then his interview was bullshit and there lays the land at which Tiger is going to use bull s**t to the fans and I may get away with it.
But of course I maybe wrong and I hope I am but don’t hold out much hope. Unfortunately Faz and Allen do not have what it takes to survive.

Oh Baz, please take your own advice and put things into prospective(sic).

Make sure it doesnt come back to bite you on your bum.

If Kluivert arrived with someone like McClaren overseeing the project, I’d feel comfortable, even excited, at the prospect of some fun times. But Kluivert on his own is just too big a risk due to his lack of knowledge of the English lower leagues and lack of experience, and could end in tears. It would substantiate peoples’ fears that Tiger has stardust in his eyes and that he’s had his head turned by the potential glamour of owning a football club. That usually all end in tears.

I would be okay with McClaren but not Kluivert. He is definitely not a leader, but may be okay with McClaren as DOF. But I don't think we could afford both of them. If we could then Tiger would be putting serious money in which would show his intent. Just let McClaren do the half-time chat with Patrick keeping Tiger outside the room.

Kluivert's son now plays for Ajax first team on the left wing. Nice player but not in the way of pops.

We need someone who will can show some sort of fight, i don't think that is Kluivert!!!

Not looking like we'll hear anything today anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom