Manager/Coach Oxvox position on the manager

We have been consistent in our message with regards to answering questions on the forum and other social media. It is just too hard for us to cover everything. We would not be able to function properly if we spent our days trawling through every source. We have always encouraged members and non members to contact us by email at enquiries@oxvox.org.uk. We monitor that inbox and try to reply as quickly as we can. Please help us by contacting us there and not here. We have also opened up an Associate membership which gives every supporter free access to OxVox and all stadium related communications at oxvox.org.uk .

While here I will address the management situation briefly. We are in regular contact with the club on all issues that affect supporters but we have never given an opinion on managers or players. Individually the committee all have opinions as supporters but OxVox do not get involved in on field decisions by either publicly calling for a manager’s resignation or supporting his continued involvement. We represent all supporters and there are still very varied opinions. We also feel it sets a very dangerous precedent for the supporters trust to try to influence managerial appointments. What if we had intervened after Appleton’s poor start when many were calling for change? We can report back on the mood of supporters. We have spoken about recruitment and long terms plans, supporter frustrations and poor communication, but to implement their vision properly, the club must be allowed to act on the professional advice and experience they have to hand and pursue its plans based on any number of variables. The club have indicated previously that they have contingency plans for most scenarios and also that they are monitoring the situation closely. Sometimes these decisions are best taken away from the heat and frustration we all feel at the moment.

None of us are happy with the season and how it is progressing on the pitch, although it has to be remembered that is in sharp contrast to the progress we have made off it. Supporters have every right to complain, question or ask for change. We all have the right to respectfully voice our opinion. Our concerns are well known to the owners and club, we’ve made no secret of our opinion on that front. We continue to speak regularly to them but will, I hope, always try remain neutral when it comes to managers and players.

A lot of this has already been said in our updates. We have not been silent on the subject. What you actually suggest is that not coming out and demanding the manager be sacked is tacit support. It isn’t.

Thanks

Paul

OxVox

Thank you Paul. Excellent response.

To your last point I said it may be seen as tacit support not that it is. Perception versus reality etc .

In that we have told the club our opinion on communication and other issues that we feel raise the levels of frustration.

Paul Hi,

Of course the Trust (the committee) shouldn't be making public comment on the manager and his performance. Agreed, been there with that discussion myself when I was on the committee.

However, I would say, the communication from the club is poor, even moreso, in recent weeks. Therefore, whatever the Trust delegates have suggested regarding communication has seemingly fallen on deaf ears. That's a real shame (see my point below) when they wanted your support recently.

The club will refute that, suggesting they communicate on the Five Minute FF. So my question is At what point, will the club, the ownership group actually, make a statement on the current state of the club and managerial situation? That's the question. Those stakeholders were remarkably quiet during Dec and Jan; leaving the chat to NMcW and others. They've done so well on running the club to date, seems a shame this episode is damaging.

They were very keen on getting you in particular on the radio, to stand up at the council meeting, to push you and the Trust to drive up support in the form of emails, pressure from supporters and alike. Not too much to have their support back?

Finally, with FK being present for the Arsenal game, did OXVOX get the chance to speak with him in person? Thanks, Simon.

@OxVox wondered if you would be able to advise if you had the chance to speak to FK in person at the Arsenal game, either in the lead-up or after? If not, has there been any recent communication between Firoka, FK and 'our' Trust?

There seemed to be a good opportunity for that to happen.

• React
Reactions: m
Back
Top Bottom