NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would hope so, although it looks like we're considering another foreign manager aswell.

Mccall,McDermott and Rosler are all probably candidates.Would take any off them.I wonder if no game Saturday has sped up the process a little bit and now pushing through to get it done by monday, as Saturday will be a day where no one has to focus on what's happening on the pitch.
Scotland is foreign right? :D

Maybe he is one of those successful people who doesn’t care about PR B*****s, I mean you can get to be the most powerful person in the world not giving a f**k what people think about you.

I think people are going to have to understand that having an owner like tiger is going to be different to Eales, not that he bothered much with any type of pr are for the last year or so.
Highly highly unlikely. The ones who don’t like pr either dodge interviews entirely, or when they have to give interviews are obviously uncomfortable, but are nevertheless clearly very bright. And , even allowing for the language difficulties, that’s not Tiger. I just watched the Oxford Mail interview again to see if I was being unfair. I wasn’t. The interview was dreadful. If there was any sort of message it was that he ‘really likes football’. And , er, that was about it.

And it must have been known that Tiger's English was poor, so why not have an interpreter on hand? A proper intro and a prepared statement would have helped too. It was so amateurish. I cannot understand why CW was not on top of this.

Or perhaps Tiger's English is poor in the same way that Mauricio Pochettino's English was poor at Southampton. Always did interviews through an interpreter and deflected straight questions with a smile and a shrug. Then he pitched up at Spurs and surprise surprise his English was fine (or at least as good as Gordon Strachan or Steve Evans).
Maybe Tiger is taking us for mugs on this one.

Would you come across as intelligent in Thai? I can’t even pronounce his name.

I would agree he hasn’t come across well, but to say that this is the most nervous you have been in forty years after one week is a bit over the top, especially given our history.

Given our situation can he even take us on a journey like Kassam? He will take some topping

Would you come across as intelligent in Thai? I can’t even pronounce his name.

I would agree he hasn’t come across well, but to say that this is the most nervous you have been in forty years after one week is a bit over the top, especially given our history.

Given our situation can he even take us on a journey like Kassam? He will take some topping
No of course not. But I would get an interpreter. And I would spend a few minutes working out what I wanted to say rather than just rambling on about how I liked football! I will admit I was conned by Kassam, who was very plausible, so it’s probably once bitten twice shy. This bloke is a wrong ‘un. In my opinion!

I agree with your point about an interpreter, I am crap at foreign languages so would have no problem using one, not like you can’t rustle one up for most languages in Oxford either, must be a pride thing which probably isn’t a great sign.

If I was betting I would go for him being a flop, but out history and the law of averages make that a safe bet. Just don’t see the point in panicking now, no one can explain how that helps.

He , Tiger, does appear to me, based entirely on the happenings and non-happenings, and things he has said, as well as how he has conducted himself since his tenure officially began at 9.30am Monday last, to seem to have all the prerequisites for qualifying as a full-blown sociopath. Just my opinion of course :sneaky:

How to spot a sociopath:-
  • Superficial charm and good intelligence.
  • Absence of delusions and other signs of irrational thinking.
  • Absence of nervousness or neurotic manifestations.
  • Unreliability.
  • Untruthfulness and insincerity.
  • Lack of remorse and shame.
  • Inadequately motivated antisocial behavior.
  • Poor judgment and failure to learn by experience.
^^^ I don't think I'm a million miles off with my opinion so far either? at least 4 or 5 traits, if not more, in the above list of traits, I believe are already identifiable in our owner! :unsure:

edited my original post btw @arthurturner

Psychopaths (sociopaths) generally make very good buisness leaders, so it's quite possible that a successful business entrepreneur like Tiger does have some of the traits. If you ask me, that's a positive thing, especially with the mess DE has left him to sort out. We need a ruthless individual, who doesn't let emotion or compassion get in the way of some of the hard decisions that need to be made.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/13/1-in-5-ceos-are-psychopaths-australian-study-finds/
https://thehustle.co/your-ceo-is-probably-a-psychopath

Is this a wind up? Are 40 people going to suddenly post "whoosh" at me?

I really hope he read a few pages of this forum before he bought the club. If he did buy it because he loves football and wants to enjoy owning his own club then god help him.

As the great Mr T. once said, I pity the fool.

Just seen Owen Coyle has resigned from a job in Scotland, ready to be announced next week?

I’m sorry Tiger took over a week ago but this doesn’t mean that the 4th stand will suddenly be built or Oxford will overnight be promoted to 2 leagues to the premiership without having to do any work. This man won’t work miracles that quick. Stop moaning the lot of you and give him a bit of time.

I wish I had your optimism, but I don’t feel our time under Tiger will be a good one, but I hope I’m wrong.

Just feel Darryl’s sold us down the river big time.

He’d be an awful choice. Might be more choice after the weekend

I’m starting to think more and more it might just be mcclaren . I don’t think he would have been involved in the initial search as above Darryls budget, so could fit in with that. He knows the club, and would be a big name at this level, which I think might appeal to tiger. Saying that it could just as easily be someone I have to google to find out who the hell they are

I’m starting to think more and more it might just be mcclaren . I don’t think he would have been involved in the initial search as above Darryls budget, so could fit in with that. He knows the club, and would be a big name at this level, which I think might appeal to tiger. Saying that it could just as easily be someone I have to google to find out who the hell they are
Beale’s odds have started to shorten again this morning. I know it probably means diddly squat but I reckon he’d be a strange choice considering Bellamy has apparently been overlooked due to a lack of managerial experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom