NEW MANAGER: {enter next candidate here}

Status
Not open for further replies.
This takeover is nonsense. We all know it. But we're all being too polite to say it. Based on what I have seen and heard so far (my opinion I should say) I wouldn't have Tiger running my local pub. He appears utterly clueless and totally unprofessional. Trust me, I know what good looks like (in a business context) and it doesn't look like this bloke. Have to say I am vvv disappointed in Eales that he has sold out to someone of this calibre. It's a great shame. This bloke will drive us into the ground. At vv best, it has every appearance of a gigantic vanity project. All the guff about wanting to give team talks? It doesn't come from nowhere. Did you ever hear that about Eales? Or Lenagan? Or (much though I loathe the man) Kassam? Nope. This takeover is a 24 carat disaster.
Someone is bound to come back and say "give him time" but, I'm with you.

Definitely don’t want Owen Coyle. Did very well at Burnley then did a trip round the Lancashire clubs. Having failed there he went to Ross County and showed the same level of consistency

not in the slightest @CheltenhamYellow I speak for me, voicing my own views :)

re-read said post ...I'm naturally suspicious, cynical and skeptical of many things and many individuals me

I was responding to gofish2 who commented re a posting interchange we were having, his comment was "I doubt very much that he will feel terribly inclined to earn 'your' respect"
my reply to which was :- Regarding Tiger not being inclined to earn my respect, that's fine by me. However, if by his actions, or lack of them, he fails to win the respect of the majority of OUFC fanbase (including perhaps, even you @gofish2 ), where will our owner find himself then?

hope that clarifies? :unsure:

It's very simple for me. I don't own Mystic Meg paranoia glasses, you clearly do. I'll do the mature thing and wait before making a judgement one way or another. Frankly, you're predictions are really boring. Please reply and have the last word if you must......

Dear god we have some worriers. It may very well be a disaster under tiger, but if it does it will be down to reasons far closer to myles suggestions than because he was late to a press conference and didn’t speak good English. And spent nearly 6 days picking a manger. The man has already spent money, on players and training ground. I have a feeling we will spend a fair chunk more in the summer, when no doubt most of these comments will be immediately replaced with predictions of us winning the league and fa cup double from the same people. Fickle bunch.

It's very simple for me. I don't own Mystic Meg paranoia glasses, you clearly do. I'll do the mature thing and wait before making a judgement one way or another. Frankly, you're predictions are really boring. Please reply and have the last word if you must......

It's 'your', not 'you're'.

?

This takeover is nonsense. We all know it. But we're all being too polite to say it. Based on what I have seen and heard so far (my opinion I should say) I wouldn't have Tiger running my local pub. He appears utterly clueless and totally unprofessional. Trust me, I know what good looks like (in a business context) and it doesn't look like this bloke. Have to say I am vvv disappointed in Eales that he has sold out to someone of this calibre. It's a great shame. This bloke will drive us into the ground. At vv best, it has every appearance of a gigantic vanity project. All the guff about wanting to give team talks? It doesn't come from nowhere. Did you ever hear that about Eales? Or Lenagan? Or (much though I loathe the man) Kassam? Nope. This takeover is a 24 carat disaster.
I really don't know where to start.

We don't all know this takeover is a disaster. That's your opinion. There has been no definitive outcome yet. You can't possibly know how we will look back on this in years to come. It could be highly embarrassing for you, that's for sure, if we achieve success.

You say he's utterly clueless and you wouldn't have him running your pub, but I suspect I'm fairly safe in saying he's made a shitload more money than you ever will.

You ask us to trust you in your opinion of Tiger, that you know what good looks like, but by reading your diatribe based on the flimsiest of evidence I would be wary of trusting your analysis.

You also state that at the very very best this is a gigantic vanity project. No, clearly at the very very best we are hugely successful. Your logic is flawed and skewed to suit your agenda.

But so what if it is a vanity project? So what if this is all about Tiger wanting to own a successful football club? Rather that than Kassam for example, who simply saw us as a money making enterprise, yet you finish by citing him as some kind of an example as to how a chairman should behave.

I’ll add to my previous Owen Coyle story. I’ve just looked at the betting sites and he’s crept up almost unnoticed. If you discard Faz and Bellamy who are oddly stil up there in the betting, he’s sneaked up behind the two macs..

Mmm what a thread...

I agree that there are some worrying things in Tiger's history as highlighted by Myles. Things could go belly up. The press conference was a car crash.

But the frenzied criticism about Tiger not appointing a manager in what 4-5 days? FFS. Even in the Bellamy/ Pearce debate last night, Stuart Pearce rightly stated that the most important relationship in a football club is the Chairman's and the managers.

Personally I would like to have given Bellamy a go. Many on here didn't want Bellamy and rightly pointed out that he is a risk.

In my view Tiger is absolutely right taking a week or two more in order to try and get the right man. It is critical that he does everything he can to ensure that the next manager is the right manager. Not rushing it because some on an internet forum are itching for the appointment to be made.

So taking a few extra days? Absolutely right.

I assume that Tiger has made what £millions in business?

From what you say you clearly have too ....

I really don't know where to start.

We don't all know this takeover is a disaster. That's your opinion. There has been no definitive outcome yet. You can't possibly know how we will look back on this in years to come. It could be highly embarrassing for you, that's for sure, if we achieve success.

You say he's utterly clueless and you wouldn't have him running your pub, but I suspect I'm fairly safe in saying he's made a shitload more money than you ever will.

You ask us to trust you in your opinion of Tiger, that you know what good looks like, but by reading your diatribe based on the flimsiest of evidence I would be wary of trusting your analysis.

You also state that at the very very best this is a gigantic vanity project. No, clearly at the very very best we are hugely successful. Your logic is flawed and skewed to suit your agenda.

But so what if it is a vanity project? So what if this is all about Tiger wanting to own a successful football club? Rather that than Kassam for example, who simply saw us as a money making enterprise, yet you finish by citing him as some kind of an example as to how a chairman should behave.

You don’t need a definitive outcome to decide on whether something has been successful or not. What we should all be doing is judging Tiger by his actions. So far I give him zero points for the start he has made. Why? Three reasons and he’s not been in place for a week yet. Reason number 1) Late for his first press conference - come on, how many of us in our first job interview would turn up late? What sort of impression does that make? You might be the best thing since sliced bread but turning up late means you are unlikely to get the job. 2) Once he got to the press conference he had nothing prepared, and I mean absolutely nothing. Yes, I will give him the benefit of the doubt for the language barrier but knowing this surely you would have something prepared beforehand? 3) The Bellamy saga - if, as has been reported, he has been involved with player recruitment since January then why oh why was he not just as involved in the managerial decision??

It looks disorganised, poorly thought through and chaotic - I can’t come to any other conclusion that his first week has been nothing short of disastrous.

For those that say give him the benefit of the doubt, that is fine but the evidence already points in another direction.

Well that is chris Williams role. Media and communications he organised the press conference.

The press conference when Darryl took over was even more delayed.
And it must have been known that Tiger's English was poor, so why not have an interpreter on hand? A proper intro and a prepared statement would have helped too. It was so amateurish. I cannot understand why CW was not on top of this.

And it must have been known that Tiger's English was poor, so why not have an interpreter on hand? A proper intro and a prepared statement would have helped too. It was so amateurish. I cannot understand why CW was not on top of this.
Maybe a little unfair to put the blame at CW’s door. If Tiger is a savvy successful businessman who knows his English isn’t great and he’s appearing at a press conference, maybe he could have brought his own interpreter? Not trying to add to the growing number of different squabbles manifesting on this forum in the last few days but just pointing out there are different ways to look at this.

Maybe a little unfair to put the blame at CW’s door. If Tiger is a savvy successful businessman who knows his English isn’t great and he’s appearing at a press conference, maybe he could have brought his own interpreter? Not trying to add to the growing number of different squabbles manifesting on this forum in the last few days but just pointing out there are different ways to look at this.
My guess is that CW had little input into what happened.

I was surprised that there was not a statement at the beginning of the press conference and then questions. The whole thing was a shambles, but I am not sure that CW can be blamed without knowing what really happened?

I assume that Tiger has made what £millions in business?

From what you say you clearly have too ....
I’ve not made Tiger money, but I have done ok, thank you for asking . But I have worked directly , in a number of very senior roles, for a number of multi millionaires (and one billionaire), so I do have a pretty good idea of whether a business leader has got ‘it’. And trust me, Tiger hasn’t. But that’s not my point. I don’t care if he has a charisma bypass if he is sensible, and has a vision. But he clearly doesn’t . His interview in the Oxford Mail was woeful, as was his press conference, by all accounts. Serious business people do not go into key meetings (and in the context of an OUFC takeover they were both key meetings) so chronically ill prepared and incoherent. And , as someone has pointed out, if you don’t speak the language well, it ain’t a crime. Get an interpreter. I don’t know Charlie, but he will know, as I do, that you go into a meeting like that with 3-5 key messages, and you repeat them again and again and again. And if you are asked a question off topic, you employ a technique known as ‘bridging’ and you go back to your key messages. It’s really basic stuff. I could have prepped Tiger in about five minutes, and so could Charlie (I don’t work in PR btw, but I have had dozens of media interviews). And furthermore, I’m not going to go into the various rumours and stories, but all I will say is that if a major UK businessman has a reputation for (say) being rude or arrogant, then 99% of the time it’s because s/he is. People talk, and that is partly how reputations , both good and bad, are formed. I have a bucketload of concerns about this bloke. Based on my own observation, and intuition, I would say he appears to be wildly unsuitable to own our club. Massive alarm bells ring when you hear stories that he wants to give team talks. That is the act of a playboy dabbling in football. That is not the behaviour of a serious and credible businessman. I have supported this club for over 45 years, and this is honestly the most concerned about its future I have ever been. It’s called gut feel and intuition.

Maybe he is one of those successful people who doesn’t care about PR B*****s, I mean you can get to be the most powerful person in the world not giving a f**k what people think about you.

I think people are going to have to understand that having an owner like tiger is going to be different to Eales, not that he bothered much with any type of pr for the last year or so.

Last edited:
I wonder if McCall is one of the people being spoken to? A name that has not been linked much since the Tiger Era, but would fit the mold

I wonder if McCall is one of the people being spoken to? A name that has not been linked much since the Tiger Era, but would fit the mold
Would hope so, although it looks like we're considering another foreign manager aswell.

Mccall,McDermott and Rosler are all probably candidates.Would take any off them.I wonder if no game Saturday has sped up the process a little bit and now pushing through to get it done by monday, as Saturday will be a day where no one has to focus on what's happening on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom