Kashi

Did KR suggest that we couldn't get him for next season?
He would be a great signing uf we could get him in.

Think he said not that easy to get him and Graham and Sinclair .enjoy watching while we can

Think he said not that easy to get him and Graham and Sinclair .enjoy watching while we can
I do hope he can make things happen Graham
We knew about, but Sinclair was an unknown quantity as for me so was Kashi but very impressed. We need the board to step up after the Doncaster game when apparently Erik will be here and bloody well sort sonething

He didn’t suggest it. He blurted it out!
Said two players who would not be here next season. Reference them getting in with the fans during the celebrations.

Connotations of that are interesting. Surely contract negotiations cannot have taken place. So are these players so far away from what KR expects our budget will be next season.

I’d sign him at all cost!

Said two players who would not be here next season. Reference them getting in with the fans during the celebrations.

Connotations of that are interesting. Surely contract negotiations cannot have taken place. So are these players so far away from what KR expects our budget will be next season.

I agree. I can totally understand Graham going to a Championship club , but wasnt Kashi at a French second tier club?
A little surprised if we can't get him ( unless somebody is already in for him?)

And whilst Mous did a good job in steadying the ship, Kashi is the next level up particularly with his passing.

What exactly did he blurt out?

He basically said that the team (including those on loan) were very much together and the third goal showed what it meant to everyone (including those running on the pitch). He made a comment about some of these not being here next season but that could have included Sinclair, Graham or Garbutt as much as it would Kashi. We have no idea where we are with contract negotiations, but I'd almost guarantee that a provision offer has been put in for Kashi and discussions would have taken place with others. However, these are more likely to come together once the season has finished.

As with most things, people see what they want to see. I see Robinson as someone who talks honestly and passionately about a group of players who are giving everything for the club regardless of what contract they have. You on the other hand see someone blurting out things about players not signing because were skint!

Agree with most of what you say Scotchegg - but what evidence do you have that we are NOT skint?

Agree with most of what you say Scotchegg - but what evidence do you have that we are NOT skint?

Define skint.

We are making a loss every season, so by that metric we are beyond skint.

We have paid all of our bills, albeit late. By that metric we are not skint.

I suppose defining 'we' may be more useful than defining 'skint'.

It's a good question and this is an attempt to describe the uses of 'skint' even-handedly. By me.

Perhaps the 'skint-sayers' mean that they don't see an increase / see a future decrease in the money the Tigster (or persons unknown) is investing (and money has been invested) while the 'skint-deniers* believe that there is a money tree which, when shook, will deliver a steady flow or sudden tsunami of funding.

* I can't be the only one who sees the word "denier(s)" and thinks of a measure of sheer-ness?

Last edited:
I agree. I can totally understand Graham going to a Championship club , but wasnt Kashi at a French second tier club?
A little surprised if we can't get him ( unless somebody is already in for him?)

We would be well served picking players out of Ligue 2.

Players such as Barbet, Guendouzi, Maupay have all transferred to England. All cheaply also. It’s an under exploited market...could easily pick up championship level players

It's a good question and this is an attempt to describe the uses of 'skint' even-handedly. By me.

Perhaps the 'skint-sayers' mean that they don't see an increase / see a future decrease in the money the Tigster (or persons unknown) is investing (and money has been invested) while the 'skint-deniers* believe that there is a money tree which, when shook, will deliver a steady flow or sudden tsunami of funding.

* I can't be the only one who sees the word 2="denier(s)" and thinks of a measure of sheer-ness?

To which you would have to say there's no hard evidence for either.

You're not now, no.

We would be well served picking players out of Ligue 2.

Players such as Barbet, Guendouzi, Maupay have all transferred to England. All cheaply also. It’s an under exploited market...could easily pick up championship level players

The thing that baffles me is why would a lower tier French club let a player of Kashi’s quality go out on loan?

I do hope he can make things happen Graham
We knew about, but Sinclair was an unknown quantity as for me so was Kashi but very impressed. We need the board to step up after the Doncaster game when apparently Erik will be here and bloody well sort sonething

I would like to think that Erik has been waiting for us to secure lge 1 status before taking over the club.
God I hope so, its clear that with tiger the club is a shambles and he’s prob the only Thai owner in the country with no bloody money!

What exactly did he blurt out?

He basically said that the team (including those on loan) were very much together and the third goal showed what it meant to everyone (including those running on the pitch). He made a comment about some of these not being here next season but that could have included Sinclair, Graham or Garbutt as much as it would Kashi. We have no idea where we are with contract negotiations, but I'd almost guarantee that a provision offer has been put in for Kashi and discussions would have taken place with others. However, these are more likely to come together once the season has finished.

As with most things, people see what they want to see. I see Robinson as someone who talks honestly and passionately about a group of players who are giving everything for the club regardless of what contract they have. You on the other hand see someone blurting out things about players not signing because were skint!

Oooh sorry mate. Might have known you’d pop up to defend the honour of he who must not be criticised. Give it a rest! You already think KR is the messiah and I think the jury is still out. That’s our difference. This thread is about Kashi not KR.

You’re right though people see what they want to see. Just as you have because at no point in my post do I say we’re skint? Neither does the fact that we might not be able to sign Kashi mean we’d be skint. Just that he might be out of our price range. Nothing wrong with that. Actually I think that’s what KR means when says what he does.

I don’t really care if you agree he blurted out his comments or not. Personally I think he didn’t really mean to say it because he immediately corrected himself. But it’s not totally relevant to the KASHI discussion anyway.

He clearly means Kashi when he says:
“How good is that though Chris?” Two loan players who won’t be here next season.... well we’d like them to be here but it’ll be difficult.” Yet they run on the pitch”.

As Browne and Kashi are the only two loan players off the pitch and those loan players therefore need to run on the pitch. And on the highlights they can be seen running on the pitch. And that he mentions them by name several times during the interview. I’d say its quite obvious he’s referring at least to Kashi.

So back to the Kashi debate. Er I’d love us to sign him but as KR has said it’ll be difficult.

* I can't be the only one who sees the word "denier(s)" and thinks of a measure of sheer-ness?

seams (!) so ;)

Oooh sorry mate. Might have known you’d pop up to defend the honour of he who must not be criticised. Give it a rest! You already think KR is the messiah and I think the jury is still out. That’s our difference. This thread is about Kashi not KR.

You’re right though people see what they want to see. Just as you have because at no point in my post do I say we’re skint? Neither does the fact that we might not be able to sign Kashi mean we’d be skint. Just that he might be out of our price range. Nothing wrong with that. Actually I think that’s what KR means when says what he does.

I don’t really care if you agree he blurted out his comments or not. Personally I think he didn’t really mean to say it because he immediately corrected himself. But it’s not totally relevant to the KASHI discussion anyway.

He clearly means Kashi when he says:
“How good is that though Chris?” Two loan players who won’t be here next season.... well we’d like them to be here but it’ll be difficult.” Yet they run on the pitch”.

As Browne and Kashi are the only two loan players off the pitch and those loan players therefore need to run on the pitch. And on the highlights they can be seen running on the pitch. And that he mentions them by name several times during the interview. I’d say its quite obvious he’s referring at least to Kashi.

So back to the Kashi debate. Er I’d love us to sign him but as KR has said it’ll be difficult.

It would help if you actually read what you wrote! You said that Robinson didn't suggest something he blurt it out. This was clearly said to question the integrity of what he said, and was (yet another) dig at Robinson. The fact that he is talking minutes after a massive result when emotions are running high seems to have passed you by, and you want to put in whatever connotations that fit with your blinkered view.

You then saying that clearly negotiations haven't taken place (they have) and that we won't be able to afford to bring in these players (we can). All deals can have their difficulties and nothing is certain until all contracts are signed. That is no different with Robinson than it was with MApp, Wilder or anyone else in the game.

So, of course Kashi will be on our radar and I expected things to move forward in the coming months. But if you are going to over analyse every word that Robinson says to find something to moan about then it's going to be one bloody long summer for you!!

It would help if you actually read what you wrote! You said that Robinson didn't suggest something he blurt it out. This was clearly said to question the integrity of what he said, and was (yet another) dig at Robinson. The fact that he is talking minutes after a massive result when emotions are running high seems to have passed you by, and you want to put in whatever connotations that fit with your blinkered view.

You then saying that clearly negotiations haven't taken place (they have) and that we won't be able to afford to bring in these players (we can). All deals can have their difficulties and nothing is certain until all contracts are signed. That is no different with Robinson than it was with MApp, Wilder or anyone else in the game.

So, of course Kashi will be on our radar and I expected things to move forward in the coming months. But if you are going to over analyse every word that Robinson says to find something to moan about then it's going to be one bloody long summer for you!!
Hear hear

Back
Top Bottom